Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-01-2012, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, Mike, I forgot to thank you for the tip about the pill minder for remembering to take my evening fish oil. I keep my morning dose of fish oil and vitamin D in the pill minder on the kitchen table so I always remember to take it at breakfast. I have a smaller, vivid blue one that holds my evening dose of fish oil and it coincidentally fits into the cut-out in the base of my computer monitor. I've remembered to take it ever since your tip. Thanks!

I saw you put flossing in your goals. Do you normally floss at night? I used to have a problem when not flossing until bedtime. Too often I'd fall asleep on the couch watching TV and when I awoke around midnight I'd brush my teeth but promise myself I'd floss first thing in the morning. But then I'd forget... My hygenist told me it doesn't matter what time of day I floss as long as I do it every 24 hours, so now I routinely floss when I brush my teeth in the morning. Morning flossing might be the ideal time to floss, but now I'm getting way better checkups.

Last edited by Mern; 01-01-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, so glad you had a fun New Year celebration and kudos on having a designated driver. I caught your post about cuter-nicer-havebeenflirtingwith-guy being at the first party. Oh, no, was it a kiss shared with HIM that you don't remember? LOL If so, wishing future kisses that you WILL remember. I also see you didn't go to the quieter celebration at your friend's--glad the friend understood.
Yeah, host of party #1 swears that Cuter-Nicer and I shared "such a polite little New Year's Kiss", but I think I would have remembered that. AND my driver would have said something, which he didn't. So I'm thinking that Host was confused. While, I did consume massive amounts of 'liquid courage', I remember the night pretty well. I even remember my shoes getting urinated on by one party goer. Yeah I went home barefoot LOL!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, that's funny that the host remember the "kiss" that you didn't. Seems like since you were looking forward to seeing cuter-nicer-havebeenflirtingwith-guy you'd have remembered the kiss unless you were drunk out of you skull. LOL Oh, man, that sucks about your shoes! Yeah
Old 01-01-2012, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

See, that's just the thing...I wasn't expecting to see him, so therefore wasn't looking forward to anything. I wasn't drunk out of my skull, well inebriated, but I've been worse and remember everything. I think Host was tore up from the floor up and imagined what she wanted to see.

And it does suck about my shoes. They were the cutest little peep toes. And now I'll never be able to wear them again. Not because they were ruined, but because, well now they'll forever be known as The Pee Shoes.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Spent 3 more hours to finish the driveway and sidewalk. Using an electric pressure washer takes a lot longer than a gas on. I may cut the grass just to clean it up, then on to the garage. The garage will be a nightmare, it's a disaster.

Tori, the dirty birds are looking good! Too bad I was busy out front and missed the Saints game. I thought it was a night game, guess I was wrong.

Welcome aboard mom8! Looks like you have some solid goals there.

Quinn, hope you get your power sorted out. Just imagine how cold it would be of you were to sleep under that bridge to tonight!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, the dirty birds are looking good! Too bad I was busy out front and missed the Saints game. I thought it was a night game, guess I was wrong.
You didn't miss much of a game. So far the birds are looking like the team they should. **fingers crossed**
Old 01-01-2012, 09:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm thinking this will be a good one. My horror-scope says that this will be a great year for career moves, which certainly fits in with my goals for the year. (Lost weight 2 years ago, started a weight lifting program last year, time to get back to the career stuff).

I guess I'm a little surprised no one has brought up New Year's resolutions . Maybe everyone is hoping/expecting to simply stay on the path started last year. I'm not one for lots of resolutions, but I do usually set 1 or 2 major goals (i.e. career path this year).

The exception is mom8TN - welcome! Jump on in... the water's fine.

Congrats to those who managed to party and still keep a healthy eating plan. Tori, I am soooo glad you had a great time last night . Mern enjoy a little time to cook and eat a meal just for you. Sounds like you've been putting more that your fair share of time in the kitchen.

Mike, what does the power washer do that regular hosing/sweeping can't do?

We had a quiet evening of leftovers, a little TV, and reading. I think we made it to 10:30. Today has been cleaning, straightening, and sorting through the house. DH is puttering in the basement finishing a batch of beer (he is an awesome homebrewer - much to my downfall), and getting ready to finish hanging some drywall in the sauna room. A nice calm way to start the NY. I did get some yoga in and a short run - so my goals for NY's day are met .

Goals for next week will be simple. It will be a chopped up week. I'll head back to Riverside on Mon, then a couple of Dr appt, conference calls, and catching up on administrivia, then head back up here to meet with a former grad student to finish some papers over the weekend.

1. 2 pieces of fruit a day
2. 1 liter of just plain water
3. No white food
4. 1 tempo run and 1 long run
5. Measure blood pressure daily (it was waaaay high this afternoon)
6. Carbs less than 40%
7. Total calories less than 1600

Catch y'all later!

PS I did pick-up on the tread being started a day early, but I thought is was most appropriate given the new year
Old 01-01-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, I thought about making a couple of resolutions. Then I remembered that I did that back in November when I started on this wonderful journey. So, I figured, mine are already made now I just have to stick with them.

p.s.--Cuter-Nicer just texted me asking if I had heard the rumors. So apparently I'm right, and nothing happened. He did say that "when we have a first kiss, it won't be because we were drunk on New Year's Eve. It would be because we both wanted to, not because it was expected." Notice, it was a WHEN and not an IF. I'm thinking '12 is gonna be my year......
Old 01-01-2012, 09:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Pam, I thought about making a couple of resolutions. Then I remembered that I did that back in November when I started on this wonderful journey. So, I figured, mine are already made now I just have to stick with them.

p.s.--Cuter-Nicer just texted me asking if I had heard the rumors. So apparently I'm right, and nothing happened. He did say that "when we have a first kiss, it won't be because we were drunk on New Year's Eve. It would be because we both wanted to, not because it was expected." Notice, it was a WHEN and not an IF. I'm thinking '12 is gonna be my year......
Whooohooo! Awesome, you are, indeed, off to a rip-snorting start.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Pam, it cleans much deeper. You really don't realize how nasty your driveway is until you hit it with a pressure washer.

I'm waaaay under on food. I need to plan better. I kept myself so busy so I wouldn't eat. It worked, too well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.