Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-26-2011, 09:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Happy food/wine/friends and family hangover day

I'm in!
I got off to a great start today... a nice 11.5 mile run . It is an absolutely gorgeous day in the mountains - unfortunetly not very Chistmas-y or even very winter-y, but perfect for a variety of outdoor stuff (except skiing).

Cassie, to sorry to read about your tooth - yikes! That'll put a damper on the festivities . And poor kitty. Once when one of our old kitties had to wear a cone for an injury, he demonstrated his displeasure by taking a big old dump in the middle of our bed.

Mern, maybe the compliments were just an excuse... but how nice of your whole family to show so much appreciation for the work you put into the meal. I mean, really, that is so sweet of you family to shower you with compliments.

Mike, it sounds like the gift to the GF went over well - yippee. How was the rest of the holiday. Did Santa bring you something special?

Tori, I glad you got a little down time at work. Sorry you had to work on the 26th, but is looks like you had a pretty calm day at the office. No thoughts of coworker murder?

mhibdon, OK girl... you have set some pretty awesome goals. Can't wait to read all about your progress. Go luck with the 10K as a runner, pretty much every day I lace up the running shoes is a great day.

fit4luv, 20 miles... wow. You go girl!

Susie, welcome. Happy to "see" a new face. This is a great place to talk about the ups and downs of life. I have gotten so much inspiration from my virtual friends here. I can't tell you how many times I have started reverting to the old bad habits, only to read someones post and think to myself: WTH are you thinking??? Get back to what to business.

This week's goals:

Diet & Fitness:

1.) 1 liter of plain water everyday
2.) 1 serving (max) of either bread, potatoes, or rice a day
3.) Limit sweets
4.) 1 outdoor activity every day
5.) Keep calories a maintence level, or less
6.) Measure blood pressure daily

Home and work
7.) Finish performance evaluation documents
8.) Pay last remaining monthly bills
9.) Up date calendar and make sure all appointments are recorded correctly.
10) Don't stress out over lots of company this week.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, hi. Wishing you a well-deserved easy work day. Our big grocery stores closed early Christmas Eve and were closed all day yesterday. Yeah, we all knew when Christmas was, so should have had all the food purchased for our dinners. Then I was in the middle of cooking and realized I didn't have enough butter for the broccoli, fried apples, and for the table for the yeast rolls. Had to stop and hunt down a convenience store. Found one open told the clerk I was so sorry she had to work Christmas Day, but I was really glad her store was open. Hope you get your paperwork done.
Our store is normally open 24 hours, but we closed at 7 on Christmas Eve, and Christmas day is the only day we close and lock all the doors. We did a little over 100K both Friday and Saturday. Friday's sales were from midnight-11:59pm and then Saturday's were midnight-7pm. So we actually had a "busier" day on Sat. considering the sales were only pulled from 19 of 24 hours. It's funny to watch people scramble those last few days before a major "cooking holiday". They're all grumpy and sometimes I just want to look at them and say "You know what? You shouldn't have waited until the last minute. You knew this day was coming, it's been on the calendar for 365 days." But I don't, I have to put on my happy "How can I help you today?" face. Glad you found a store that was open so you could finish your cooking (and make a mental note for next year to plan ahead!! ) Paperwork was done today and I even got out a little bit early. Had to hit up a clothing store to find some more jeans....MINE ARE TOO BIG NOW!! Gah, that's a good feeling!

Originally Posted by quietjoyful1
Hi, is it ok to join in? I'm looking for an ongoing support group for reaching goals and this looks like a great group!

Susie
Hi Susie! Welcome to the 7-Day club! You'll see how things work around here and be contributing to the mayhem before you know it. Chime right in and tell us a little (or a lot ) about yourself!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
fit4luv, you did great with goals last week; have another strong week this time around!
Thank you Cassie! You have a lot going on in your life. I think it's amazing how you continue to be determined & focused.

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Monday Afternoon Check In
Goals:

1. Eat CLEAN:
2. 3 L:
3. Take Vitamin:
4. MOVE:

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]
[B] I have decided to set a couple kind of far reaching goals for myself: I am going to hit 135lbs by Sep. 1st, and then after that I’m going to focus on lowering my body fat percentage to 20% by January 1st.

:P Merry Christmas to me, I’m going jogging. <3
Best wishes, mhibdon, on reaching your goals!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
HolyBrokenTooth Batman!! That bites the big one. And poor kitty in the cone collar. Jasmine would have already figured a way to wiggle out of it. Work isn't too crazy today, the day after Christmas is usually pretty quiet in the grocery world. And after pulling $500K last week, we could use a couple of quiet days. It'll pick back up this weekend for New Year's and the football games. But at least I had today to play catch up on some paperwork. Catch up with y'all later!
Torie ~ Awwwww . . . I'm so sorry for for your troubles & happy for any quiet moments of peace that you may have. Poor kitty. I'm hope your kitten soons heals up.

Originally Posted by quietjoyful1
Hi, is it ok to join in? I'm looking for an ongoing support group for reaching goals and this looks like a great group!

Susie
Susie ~ Welcome to the fun!
In the short time here, I've enjoyed the fun, motivation and support on FitDay. I'm starting with very simple goals. I figure that we're all on a continuum, and any step forward for better health is a a great step forward. Welcome aboard!

I had the best sleep last night that I've had in weeks--a little over eight hours, only waking twice and then falling right back to sleep. It was heavenly! We had a lovely small Christmas gathering--just nine of us--immediate family and live-in GD's boyfriend.

. . .
fit4luv, yeah, sleepily is a word. Love your sleepy kitty. LOL I'll do two miles/30 minutes walking today. Wow, 20 miles on your pedometer is a great goal! Mine is only 10, but I'm OK with that. I love your twinkling trees. Enjoy your extended family Christmas.

Each day mention something wonderful that happened or a complaint that led me to count a blessing
I love your attitude of thankfulness.

20 miles is the whole week -- not each day. I'm thinking of it as what I put on the pedometer the whole week in which a portion of the 20 miles is with increased/aerobic activity. I just need to get my feet moving more. I'll see how I do!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Pam--there were not homicidal thoughts today. It's a Boxing Day miracle!!!!

Goals for the week....

Health/Fitness

1--calories 1300-1400
2--water water water!!
3--exercise of some sort every day
4--shooting for 2 more lbs.

Life/Home

1--play with cat everyday (she's been neglected with all the holiday hoopla)
2--laundry...it's piling up again
3--clean out closet (still haven't officially done this)

That's it this week. Hopefully next Monday I'll be able to report having had a great post-Christmas week. **fingers crossed**

Last week went well. Lost the lbs early and then just maintained. I hit my mini-goal on Wednesday and was able to report this morning that it "stuck".....just barely, but it counts.

Off to burn some calories....check back in on y'all later.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I'm 56 years old, retired health care worker, mom of two adult children, and wife to Michael, 62. Life is pretty challenging. My 21 year old older son has autism and a bad case of Lyme disease, and is disabled. My younger 20 year old son goes to a local college, is a sophomore, doing great and living at home.

At age 48, I reached my lifetime high weight of 239 lbs. Over the next 3 years, I got down to 140 lbs. and became a dedicated athlete. But I also developed Lyme disease and autoimmune arthritis. I had two spine operations and still have significant joint pain from the arthritis. Over the past 4 years, I regained weight until I now weigh 210 lbs. and I am miserable!

I finally accepted that it's going to take more patience, more mindfulness, more effort to lose weight---it's not going to just happen in the corners of my life when I'm not looking. In other words, I have to make this a priority.

My goal: to get down a very maintainable 175 lbs. of functional fitness.

My plan: Track intake daily on fitday, keeping calories to no more than 1600. (I am a real, whole foods nut, so my diet is pretty good, just too much of it!)

Get some activity every day: either a 40 min. walk, or a resistance circuit at the gym, or a session in the pool or a group exercise class.

Practice mindful eating: paying attention to the act of eating while eating.

Thanks!
Susie
Old 12-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry ladies, I've been MIA. I've been at the car stealership all day working a deal on a new truck.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Sorry ladies, I've been MIA. I've been at the car stealership all day working a deal on a new truck.
Start the thread and then abandon us. I see how it is.

What kind of truck?
Old 12-26-2011, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, you blow my mind with all your exercise. Kudos to you on that. I couldn't help but laugh over your kitty taking a dump on your bed in protest of his cone. Aw, thanks--it certainly did make me feel good to get the compliments on the food. My family is very considerate that way. It was great to read your comment to Susie about being inspired by our group to get back on track. I love your sensible diet and fitness goals. Oh, and this may totally not apply to you at all, but since you mentioned about measuring your blood pressure daily, I thought I'd tell you this little tidbit. My DH was taking Lisinopril for his blood pressure which had been running like 145 to 150 over 80 something. I told him I had read that a low carb diet can help lower blood pressure and he finally gave in and tried not low, but lowER carb--easy for him to follow since I do low carb myself to manage my blood sugar. His blood pressure is down to normal now and the doc told him she was OK with his not taking the meds anymore.

Tori, major congrats on needing skinnier jeans, meeting your mini goal and having the loss stick! Way to go! I didn't know your store was a big one. That's wonderful that they had such a good sales day! LOL--the grocery store personnel are always asking me if I need help when they see me at a dead stop just standing and thinking. I'm standing there trying to remember what it is I left off my list. I jokingly tell them I don't need help-- that it's just hard for me to push my cart and think at the same time. I'm with you, though--shoppers should leave their grumpiness at home. Ha--I beat ya. I hadn't planned on it, but did some major closet cleaning and storage shelf consolidating today. My live-in granddaughter should appreciate it because it's her closet where I have a lot of stuff stored on the shelves--but in my defense, I've lived here for almost 39 years, have nowhere else to store that stuff, and she's only lived with us since August. Anyway, I think she'll be happy when she gets home from work today and sees she now has a nice hunk of one of the two shelves for her very own.

fit4love, I got the idea of posting thankfulness from other members here. Nice that thankfulness is contageous. Yeah, I knew your 20 miles is for the whole week--but it's still really admirable and is double my goal. But I don't aspire to more and my doc is OK with my 10 miles. Oh, yeah--I got in my exercise.

Susie, thanks for telling us a bit about yourself. Your life certainly does sound challenging. I wish you the best. We have some in common--my husband is 6 1/2 years older than I am, and we have two adult children together: a daughter age 35 and a son age 32. My lifetime highest weight was close to yours at 246, but I'm only 5 feet tall. Lyme disease--is that from tick bites? Is the arthritis a complication of the Lyme disease? Your goals and method of approach sound quite sensible. I hope you will find the support here that you need.

Mike, "car stealership." LOL I hope you are able to get a great deal--and then show us a picture of your new wheels.

Last edited by Mern; 12-26-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I got them waaay down. Not for me, for my GF.

Tori, F150 super crew.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Tori, major congrats on needing skinnier jeans, meeting your mini goal and having the loss stick! Way to go! I didn't know your store was a big one. That's wonderful that they had such a good sales day! LOL--the grocery store personnel are always asking me if I need help when they see me at a dead stop just standing and thinking. I'm standing there trying to remember what it is I left off my list. I jokingly tell them I don't need help-- that it's just hard for me to push my cart and think at the same time. I'm with you, though--shoppers should leave their grumpiness at home. Ha--I beat ya. I hadn't planned on it, but did some major closet cleaning and storage shelf consolidating today. My live-in granddaughter should appreciate it because it's her closet where I have a lot of stuff stored on the shelves--but in my defense, I've lived here for almost 39 years, have nowhere else to store that stuff, and she's only lived with us since August. Anyway, I think she'll be happy when she gets home from work today and sees she now has a nice hunk of one of the two shelves for her very own.
I'm lucky the clothing store was having a Half Price Jeans sale....otherwise I would have had to wait a couple of weeks. And yeah, our store is a "Super" store. When we get our seasonal merchandise in I jokingly refer to us as Bi-Mart (a combo of our company name, Bi-Lo, and Wal-Mart). All we need is a greeter at every door!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, F150 super crew.

Ahhhh gotta go with the Ford. My ex thought he'd win me back when he showed up at the house in a brand new 250. I admit, it almost worked I'm a sucker for a man in a nice truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.