Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-30-2011, 07:04 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie Thank for the kind words I just feel like I am really dropping the ball right now. Hubby said today he would like it if I helped him in the new year to make some better food decisions so I am very excited about that I worry about the extra pounds he’s carrying around we aren’t getting any younger and he carries his 20lbs in his tummy but with both of us working at it my last 15 will hopefully be easier.

Mh The job sounds great and it ties into your 2012 goals really well it guarantees you will stay committed to your training, I hope all the small print makes it a good fit for you.

Mern Thanks for your kind words I know the weight will leave I just feel like I was already stuck then added extra Christmas food pounds and I am just beating myself up a little. Your tape sounds great I have been using a Jillian Micheals one but I don’t love it. Yes I do golf with hubby, I am not as good as he is but I am allowed to play with the guys and they claim I don’t suck and I am the only wife that gets invited so in guy lingo I think it means I am pretty good. I had a great drive with hubby and he surprised me by taking me to dinner at my favorite restaurant and then for a walk around downtown it was really sweet of him and I enjoyed it allot. Nice job on losing 20.5 lbs this year you have also controlled your health and that’s huge! I have my yearly checkup in feb and I am using your example to see if I can come off my bp meds it sure can’t hurt to ask.

Mike Glad to hear your on the wagon now the pressure of Quinn’s future is off your back. You couldn’t pay me to skydive how brave you are to even consider it.

Mike & Quinn You guys are making me feel better my graph looks the same since I added my post Christmas weight.

Tori Glad you are starting to feel better. Don’t you have a party to get excited about tomorrow if I recall you said there will be men to meet, live in today be excited for your tomorrows.

Well a great dinner at my favorite restaurant and a couple glasses of wine didn’t help my calories but did wonders for my mood. Hubby and I did walk after dinner for about an hour which was really nice as he is not a walker unless he’s chasing a little white ball around a course.Have a great night.

Goals:
Walk 15k: M=0, T=0, W= 2.7k, T=7k, F=5.5k
Exercise 4 days: M=N, T=N, W=Walk, T=Hike, F=Walk
Squats 4 days: M=N, T=N, W=Y, T=Y, F=N
Ab work 4 days: M=N, T=N, W=Y, T=Y, F=N
Calories less than 1400 T-S: M=2104, T= 1589, W=1128, T=1160, F=1741
Calorie deficit of 3000 for week: M= -60, T= -431, W=-855, T=-1012, F=-283
Cleanse\Eat raw 2 days: W=Yes, T= Yes except 4oz baked salmon with dinner
Old 12-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Now I'm ready to start the next chapter in the book of Tori....whoever winds up there with me is a lucky man. Cause I'm quite the catch
A.Men.

Originally Posted by Mern
Cassie, I'm so glad you had a good day--actually it sounds like a FABULOUS day.
Yep, would have been great, if I hadn't blown it at the end of the evening. Again. I decided to try some of the homemade pudding I made for my son, and I guess the sugar triggered something because then I couldn't stop munching. I'm feeling kind of panicky about whether or not I can get past these bad habits. I'm putting some goals up for the weekend...I can't afford to wait till Monday. We're supposed to go to a party tonight; I may beg off because I don't trust myself around the food and drink . Usually when I fall off the wagon, a couple good days in a row gets me back on, and I can't seem to do that.

Weekend Goals:

1. No sugar
2. 1200 calories max
3. Exercise twice
4. 3 sports bottles water
5. 25g fiber
6. 4-5 fruits and veggies
7. Check in daily

Well, here goes!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene, thanks for your congrats on my weight loss. I feel for ya, having been stuck myself for over six weeks and then adding the Christmas weight. I honestly don't know what made the difference to put me in my current losing mode again because I didn't change anything in my goals. I guess my body was just ready for more weight loss. I think people have different tastes in exercise videos--I like this one because the instructor, Leslie Sansone, has exercises that are good for MY needs and she's not a drill sergeant, but has a fun and friendly attitude toward group exercising. Yes, by all means, check with your doctor before going off your bp meds. I hope it works for you. Aw, that's wonderful that you had such a fun evening with golf, dinner, and the walk with DH.

Cassie, even on my very best day I would not be able to resist homemade pudding. Really admirable that you're thinking about blowing off the New Year party tonight, but the new year celebrations roll around only once a year. Not trying to undermine my favorite shrink's advice, but in light of your statement "Usually when I fall off the wagon, a couple good days in a row gets me back on.." why not allow yourself to celebrate by attending the party and do the OTHER good stuff in your weekend goals like exercising twice, the water, fiber, fruit, and check in goals. May be easier to get those couple FOOD good days in a row when the holidays are over and you're back to your regular work routine? Of course, YOU are the best judge of what you need--just sayin' if the party would otherwise be a lot of fun for you, maybe that break from stress would do you some good.

I'm keeping our daughter's 16, 10, and 7 year olds overnight so she can ring in the new year with friends. We'll have our own little party tonight complete with hats, noisemakers, etc. and maybe a fun family movie. We're going to the grocery store to choose our party foods and I am going to be sure I have lots of low carb choices--like maybe celery or cucumber stuffed with tuna salad, pork rinds sprinkled with artificial sweetener and cinnamon, and chocolate flaxmeal cookies...all are tasty treats for me.

I'm down a whopping 3 1/2 lbs. on the scale overnight after just drinking 48 oz. water yesterday yet waking for a potty trip about five times (not exaggerating) during the night. Don't know if it was my holiday ham water retention finally cutting loose, or if the waitress accidentally gave me caffeinated regular Pepsi with my dinner. Caffeine is a powerful diuretic for me but I decaffeinated myself years ago and am now super-sensitive to caffeine. If it was from the pop, I'll reabsorb the amount of water I lost. We'll see tomorrow... BUT I'm not going to obsess about the scale numbers one way or the other. It's my health that's important.

Last edited by Mern; 12-31-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

You can do it. I would suspect that some of the munching had to do with relief and a comforting mechanism once your son was safely out of surgery. At least, that's how it is with me. When something stressful happens in my life, I'm fine with my eating until the situation is over. Then, I eat everything in sight. I found out the hard way that I can't have anything unhealthy in the house... I have absolutely no self-control.

Tori,

My experience has been "once a cheater, always a cheater". Move on. You deserve to be treated with far more respect and courtesy. Think about what your life would be like if you did have children and then he cheated again! Ugh... Go out tonight and have a great time and don't look back.

Well, I have a dilemma... I've been doing great and have already taken off a couple of pounds. But, here it is New Year's and although we're not going out, husband and I bought all of the "fixings" for a wonderful dinner at home... tenderloin and jumbo shrimp for the grill and a bunch of restaurant grade appetizers, etc. I also have a quiche in the fridge made with my left-over ham that won't freeze well that I'm thinking of baking for lunch. So, do I freeze the quiche (won't freeze well) and safe my calories for tonight, or do I count today as a cheat day and just try to eat reasonable quantities of lots of my favorites (which I will probably fail at... no, I WILL fail at!).

On one hand, I say, "One day isn't going to matter in the scope of things". On the other hand, I think "You've done so well the past few days. Getting back on the wagon was relatively easy. Don't blow it!" Angel on one shoulder, devil on the other. Ugh... I hate when this happens! Freezing the quiche would be like throwing it in the garbage, because it would basically be ruined and, I must say, my quiches are quite awesome!

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day for us... snow and 40 mph winds... I'll say it again... Why do I live here?? lol
Old 12-31-2011, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks, ladies . I need all the help I can get these days. I just don't feel like myself and I hate it!

As for the party, I was actually not planning on going anyway, thinking I would be here with my son. But he was feeling pretty good yesterday, so he may be up to going, in which case I should go...but these folks really put on a huge spread of non-healthy stuff. I guess I'll see how the day goes and make the decision later. Plus, I really don't want to put on any of my dressy clothes .

Quinn, about your decision, hmm. What if you did smaller portions of both quiche and dinner, and supplemented the meals with veggies? Or would quiche be an option for tomorrow? Sometimes when I have that situation (like a lunch date with a friend but also cooking a special dinner), I try to think about how I can make up for it over the next couple days, rather than having the calories in each day be at a certain limit...working with averages, so to speak. I know you'll figure it out; you always do . Sounds delish, though, all of it!

Darlene, I'm glad you had such a nice evening. Sometimes the calorie trade off is just worth it!

Well, I struggled through the morning with stevia in my tea...usually I have a couple teaspoons raw sugar, but I'm even afraid to do that today. I've got a ton of work to do and chores to boot, so I'm going to get busy and start chugging water as well. Will check in later, though nights are my worst time; I'll probably be a posting fiend today!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

Shoot me now. Son just woke up and asked me to make him some chocolate chip cookies .
Old 12-31-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ohhhhhh now I see. Move on and don't look back!
I second Mike. I was with my ex for 3 years. It was fun (sometimes), but the best thing they ever did for me was to show their true colors and then leave me.

So, in a weird way, I actually look back and am thankful for all the suckage that went on because it means that now I have a better understanding of my wants, needs, and expectations- and becoming more in tune with yourself is priceless.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday Afternoon Check In
Goals:

1. Eat Clean: No, No, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 3 L: 2, Yes, 1, 1, 1
3. Take Vitamin: Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No
4. Move: Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Yes

SO TIRED.

And, Idk, I'm guessing that it is just water weight from me being dehydrated, but the scale says that I lost 5 lbs? Helloooo pay off from throwing out the sweets and jogging my ass off!!
Old 12-31-2011, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, Quinn, that is a dilemma. Would it help to eat the quiche but not the crust? Personally, I'm saving up calories and low carb foods for tonight--already logged some foods and portions. Lucky you, I too often have devils on BOTH my shoulders. LOL But I went to a fast food place this morning to get live-in GD a takeout breakfast sandwich and came home with only a cup of their decaf coffee for myself. Fixed myself a zero cholesterol egg substitute and low sodium bacon breakfast sandwich on half a low carb tortilla and it was just as delicious as what I could have gotten in a restaurant.

Cassie, you poor thing, being asked to make cookies! But I can't resist baking for my kids or grandkids when they ask, either. If you taste, try really, really hard to make it a controlled cheat so you don't get carb withdrawal symptoms. Ah, I see about the party. I remember now that you recently commented about having a cancellation and were glad you didn't have to put on professional clothes that day. Hard when you know there will be little you can eat that fit in with your food goals. Let us know what you decided about your celebration, too. Oh, I know that you know what to do--I'm just rooting for you to be able to not fret about today's food decisions one way or the other. I'll be checking in myself a lot today to keep on target. Soon as I post this I'm going to get my exercise in.

mhibdon, I'm quite impressed with your level-headedness at such a young age. Love that you have learned from your "suckage." LOL over that term, but if it fits, that's what it's called.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

One more post before I exercise:

mhibdon, congrats on your clean eating and exercise. I hope your loss sticks--I lost 3 1/2 lbs. overnight according to my scale. I HOPE it sticks, but I won't fret if it doesn't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.