Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
15 in 15 Easter Goal, anyone want to try? >

15 in 15 Easter Goal, anyone want to try?

Community
Notices

15 in 15 Easter Goal, anyone want to try?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

What great news LMB!- I am one who weighs and records the weight every day, so I do see some pretty dramatic fluctuations throughout the week. Just keep on keeping on! We'll get this thing!

I had a decent weekend food and exercise-wise. I got an extra pool workout in on Saturday and convinced my dear husband to order food to go from a restaurant rather than dining in. That way I can put my food on my own plate, weigh my meat... all that compulsive stuff that I take great comfort in. And it was quite successful food-wise. I ate far "better" or "cleaner" at home and didn't eat for "manners sake", just ate until I was no longer hungry, and then stopped! Two more days until my official weigh in... so we'll see! Also one more day until Lent begins, so will I indulge in anything???

Also just a general question for my friends here. Do you eat at the caloric restriction set by your fitday settings or are you eating more or less?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Ladies! Sounds like you all are doing good so far! I'm down to 146 lbs this week and I actually went to the gym too. This is a major accomplishment for me because I loathe exercise ;-) I also have been doing my Kettlebell DVD at home with a 7lb weight. If feeling the burn is any indication of getting a good workout then I must have had some stellar workouts. My muscles feel more tone already. I hope I can keep it up.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

I'm jumping in if you don't mind. I have about 15 pounds to lose as well. After losing 22 lbs in 22 weeks last year (two pounds away from my goal), I'm gaining my weight back!! Bummer. You know how it goes, change in my routine, slacking off on the healthy foods, the self talk that it's only a couple of pounds back...well, I need the discipline I had last year and hopefully I can accomplish it. My actual goal is 115 by June...I usually weigh in Monday mornings so that I behave over the weekend.

Good Luck and wish me luck, too!!! I need it today, I don't know why but I'm in an especially snacky mood.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen3: I feel I eat less then what the caloric restiction set is for me.

Daniliebe: I believe “feeling the burn” does equals stellar. It’s what keeps me motivated to keep doing what is working for me when it comes to excersise.

Etlosenow: Welcome and congratulations on losing the 22 lbs. How did you do today? When I get in my “snacky” moods, it’s always because I’ve been good with staying out of the ice cream or chocolate. Yes, it is really hard to turn off the I want single in the brain. But I’ve found that if I get some fruit it usually subsides. We are here to support each other so feel free to chat away. I will have faith with you that you will see your goal made. What was your routine like? Why do you think you slacked off? Did you feel like you where in a rut?
Old 02-22-2012, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

I think I did well last year because I had sprained my ankle and hadn't been able to move well for a few months. My sister was diagnosed with MS a few years ago and she has balance issues and difficulty working out. When I sprained my ankle and was immobile it gave me a swift kick in the rear of realizing that my immobility was only temporary, whereas my sister will have a life-long struggle. It helped me realize that I really had no excuse now that my ankle healed. I first changed my diet...no starving myself...just good, healthy choices with lots of fruits and veggies. When I craved chocolate....my weakness...I would have a glass of non-fat chocolate milk and that satisfied my craving...I figured it was better than the candy bar which I usually eat with peanut butter. I managed to lose about 7 pounds with just modifying my diet but then I plateaued. I began doing zumba a few times a week. I worked my way from 10 minutes a day (starting slowly) to 45 minutes each day. After a while I hit the 117 pounds right before our long family road trip. We did a lot of hiking and tried to stay healthy but then we went to visit my family (Mom) in CA. My mom shows love through great, big home-cooked meals. Well, the change in the routine and the extra big meals over those three weeks, I just fell out of it and have not quite gotten back in. When vacation ended I was at 124 and I didn't really get back into my healthy eating, slowly my pounds have come back on and I tell myself..."Oh, I did great last year, I can do it again." But, I realize I need the support of this group to keep myself accountable and it helps to have the extra motivation. The final push of these extra few pounds I put on was just in these last couple of weeks. I got a deep puncture wound from a cat bite. I was put on two strong antibiotics that I had to take 4 times a day (for 10 days) with food because it would really upset my stomach. Now I'm off the antibiotics and need to get back into both the healthy eating and exercise routine.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, yeah, I also want to say that I am just shy of 5'2" and fairly small-framed so my 115 goal puts me in the middle of the healthy BMI.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

I can see you reaching your goal of 115. Medications do like to play an ugly trick on our bodyies. I strongly feel the medications I was on when I first got diagnosed with Bell's Palsy made my weight first go down, then when I was my second round it made it go up. On Friday I'll be meeting with my Dr. I'm hoping to see interesting look on her face when she see's I've been able to keep off 25 lbs.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Test post

Hey all. I've been very inactive on the boards because for some reason my posts stopped going through. So testing again. So far I've lost approx. 9 pounds as of today, about a pound and a half from my March 14 goal. Congrats to everyone on their successes so far.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

It worked!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by callaquill
It worked!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.