Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
15 in 15 Easter Goal, anyone want to try? >

15 in 15 Easter Goal, anyone want to try?

Community
Notices

15 in 15 Easter Goal, anyone want to try?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

42gees and Frenchhen3: Thank you for sharing with me. I don't have Itunes, but I will check to see if Walmart has any of Jillian's dvd's. I like the idea that one can work in phases.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Friday Check-In

Hi Everyone,

It's been a couple days since I've been on here and they've been busy ones.

I took mom to the kidney doctor yesterday. Good news is that her kidneys should recover from this week's "incident". She's still acting weird but hopefully she'll be back to her "normal" weird by tomorrow. I'm kind of at my wit's end today with dealing with her strangeness, but I keep trying to tell myself it's temporary. It wouldn't be so bad if she didn't argue with me about needing to eat.

I've managed to lose 3 pounds, so down to 191. That's a good thing...now I just have to keep up the momentum. I also got on the treadmill this morning. I used one of the preset programs that takes age into account and figured it wouldn't be too difficult. Well, 20 minutes of running 5 MPH later and sweating, I thought I was going to die. LOL We'll see if I can do it again on Sunday or if I have to slow it down a little. Yikes!!

Time to go. My hubby is a basketball official and I'm going to watch his game tonight. It will be a nice little break from the homefront and hopefully a good game.

Take care everyone,
Deana
Old 01-06-2012, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

If you don't mind, I'd like to do this too. I already added myself to the sheet. If this is something that's just for a certain group of folks, I understand and won't be offended if you delete me off the sheet.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

wow, Deana, that sounds like a lot going on! hope that you have a relaxing weekend.

So, I was pleasantly surprised that I dropped 4 pounds this week. I don't expect that rate to keep up (oh, if only!) but if it's possible in one week, hopefully it will start a trend! For me, tracking calories is sooo important - this week has reinforced that - and I've really seen the effects of alcohol on metabolism - when I stepped on the scale after new year's eve, I was horrified. Even though I hardly ate anything/swapped out the calories, the way it slows down my body was amazing to see. Ah, well - good for my health & my wallet.

Last edited by kal223; 01-06-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Deana!

Congratulations to all of you who lost weight this week! I need your motivation! I walked every day this week in addition to my fitness classes. So hurray!
Kal- 4 pounds is huge! I am so very proud of you!
Deana-I admire you for being good to your ma, supporting your husband and still taking care of you. You are a Multi-faceted gem.
LMB-itunes is free to download onto your computer and opens up a wealth of good exercise videos!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone! Weighing in today at 151.4. I'm excited that I've lost 6.6lbs but the real challenge will be to keep losing and to keep it off. I've always been good at losing 10lbs and then gaining it back. I ate around 1,400 calories most days the past week with two days around 700 calories. I exercised one day and could only go 15 minutes on the elliptical. I'm quite out of shape and would like to get into the habit of exercising at least 3 times a week. My goal for next week will be to hit the gym twice.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by daniliebe
Hello everyone! Weighing in today at 151.4. I'm excited that I've lost 6.6lbs but the real challenge will be to keep losing and to keep it off. I've always been good at losing 10lbs and then gaining it back. I ate around 1,400 calories most days the past week with two days around 700 calories. I exercised one day and could only go 15 minutes on the elliptical. I'm quite out of shape and would like to get into the habit of exercising at least 3 times a week. My goal for next week will be to hit the gym twice.
OH MY GOODNESS! 15 minutes on the elliptical is quite good! If I am not mistaken that is about the equivalent of walking about an hour?!? You are doing really well! Don't discount 15 minutes! I'll be your cheerleader all the way, however anytime you do exercise instead of "not exercise" it is an accomplishment that needs your inner cheer squad to do an entire routine! I am seeing the marching band preparing to play the "Theme from Rocky"... the cheerleaders have gone to center court... baa baa bum bum bum bum bum BAA bum bum...

I weighed in this morning and I lost half of that nasty pound I gained last week. I visualize the rest of that pound coming off so I need to make it a reality. I am pretty sure that pound was/is water, so a 64oz. pitcher was drawn from the sink and I will drink it all plus the water I ingest at meal times.

I cleaned up my house a bit yesterday. The holidays make everything so harried around here, and i have come to find out that when I am harried I can't get the rest of my life in line. Anyone else find that true too?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

With you. I am trying to maintain and have had a blip over the summer. I need to get to 10 stones 13 by Easter and am currently 12
Old 01-08-2012, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
OH MY GOODNESS! 15 minutes on the elliptical is quite good! If I am not mistaken that is about the equivalent of walking about an hour?!? You are doing really well! Don't discount 15 minutes! I'll be your cheerleader all the way, however anytime you do exercise instead of "not exercise" it is an accomplishment that needs your inner cheer squad to do an entire routine! I am seeing the marching band preparing to play the "Theme from Rocky"... the cheerleaders have gone to center court... baa baa bum bum bum bum bum BAA bum bum...

I weighed in this morning and I lost half of that nasty pound I gained last week. I visualize the rest of that pound coming off so I need to make it a reality. I am pretty sure that pound was/is water, so a 64oz. pitcher was drawn from the sink and I will drink it all plus the water I ingest at meal times.

I cleaned up my house a bit yesterday. The holidays make everything so harried around here, and i have come to find out that when I am harried I can't get the rest of my life in line. Anyone else find that true too?
Thanks Frenchen for the words of encouragement! I think I might just go to the gym again tomorrow. And way to go drinking lots of water! That's definitely great for your body :-)
Old 01-08-2012, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sksan
With you. I am trying to maintain and have had a blip over the summer. I need to get to 10 stones 13 by Easter and am currently 12
Welcome to you! We are all doing our best, putting forth the best ! Gives a whole new concept to the "rolling away the stone" like what happened on Easter!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.