FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/599-5-15-pounders-weekly-check.html)

cjohnson728 03-08-2010 02:30 PM

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In

It's that time! Hope you all had a great week and weekend. Check in what matters and thanks for sharing!

missmatch76 03-08-2010 10:26 PM

Oh I'm first, I guess here in the UK we're up earlier than our American cousins ;)

Well I'm not too sure how this works so I'll just tell you how I'm getting on...

I am 145lb, exactly the same as this time last week (grrr), although during the week I have gone down and back up 1lb :/

BUT, I am not giving up.... going away for a few days this weekend coming but the hotel has a gym and a pool so I'm planning to sweat off any excess calories eaten :)

Built 03-08-2010 10:44 PM

Missmatch: Glad you're here! Don't worry too much about that scale. If you're "doing the work", good stuff is happening! Good for you for choosing a hotel that has a gym!

Okay, this week....

Start Stats (12/28): Weight: 128.8 Today: Weight: 121.3
Chest: 34.5" Today: 34"
Abdominal: 29.5" Today: 27.5"
Hips: 33.5" Today: 33"
Thigh: 20.5" Today: 19.75"

Flossing 6/7 nights

Looking forward to reading how everyone's week went!

mambogirl81 03-08-2010 10:47 PM

I too am at the same weight again this week (138). I really had expected to see some change. I worked out hard everyday this last week, and logged everything I ate. I am trying not to be disappointed and only focusing on numbers.
Hope you all had a good week.

missmatch76 03-08-2010 10:55 PM

Thank you Beth! And congrats on those great stats!!

Mambogirl - I haven't measured myself yet and maybe we have lost some inches? Especially you if you are exercising and I am planning to start - you know what they say about muscle being heavier than fat!

*Note to self - goal this week to do my measurements*

staceyalberta 03-08-2010 11:25 PM

current weight: 142.8 lbs
exercised: 5/7 days
my reward: going to buy myself my first hip scarf for belly dancing woo hoo.

Cher Ben 03-09-2010 12:12 AM

Reporting in.

:rolleyes: Weight today 119.4, a .8 loss again this week. Whoohoo! :rolleyes:
I weighed 118.2 on Friday, but dropped severaleggs over the weekend. SIGH! Ok, for the positives...Stuck to my plan 5 of 7 days, and got through the first week of half marathon training feeling great, and I have increased the healthy foods, avoided the crap this week. :) We're doing it girls!!! Good luck this week, everyone.
Cheryl

mcestnik 03-09-2010 12:38 AM

my weight hasn't changed much... still haven't seen the 16 something that i wanted (blah) but last week seemed to be the week everyone was born because there were mass amounts of cake and cookies at work, not to mention the girl scout cookies. i did start a yoga class though and plan on going two nights a week and I increased my power clean by 10 lbs (now at 150). i made almond/pecan butter and DIDNT eat half of it in one sitting (something like 2000 calories in half a batch). Ugh, that was hard! So last week had some definite successes even though the scale didn't change much. But this is just as mental as it is physical, so i'll take any step forward I can get. I did lose hal fan inch from my hips though, was 43, now 42.5. i almost forgot, typing about my hips made me remember, I went shopping for a new pair of jeans this week and 1 - didn't dread it, and 2 - I fit in to a size smaller AND they are loose around my waist already. SWEETdish. Hope everyone else had a great week and the next one is even better!!

agarner3706 03-09-2010 12:46 AM

Congrats Cheryl, Stacey & Beth!

Welcome missmatch, it sounds like you are on your way:)

Mambo, don't get discouraged. You are making positive changes and that will lead you to positive results. Keep up the great work!

I am at 148 this morning, down 1# from last week...still hoping to lose 1 more before Thursday. I just got done with 30 minutes on the elliptical so hopefully that will help, at least a little.

Yeah us!!:D Have a great day everyone!

cjohnson728 03-09-2010 12:48 AM

Morning everyone, good to "see" you all and looks like everyone is doing well :). Congrats on all your hard work.

Today I weighed in at 116.8....down .4 from last week. However, knowing it would be that week this Tuesday, I snuck on the scale Friday and was at 116.2, which would be a pound down from last Tuesday. No eggs dropped between now and then, so I am assuming it is the water weight. Will do the measurements and a more accurate weigh in next Tuesday.

Postives are sticking to my food and exercise routine; negatives are my mental mindset and not getting enough sleep, so will work on both of those this coming week.

Miki, you reminded me...I bought new workout shorts yesterday and when I got them home and put them on, they were too big! Yay! It's a lot nicer to have to return things for a smaller size than a larger one :D!

quinnesec 03-09-2010 01:05 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

So glad to see everyone is doing so well! A group like this makes all the difference, doesn't it? Seriously, we all should be really proud of ourselves and our commitment to a better body. As you go about your day today, hold your head up high and be proud of what you have achieved!

As for myself, I had a wonderful week! (In every aspect of my life!) I accomplished so much, I stuck to my food plan, I maintained my weight for a third week, my family is accomplishing great things and the weather is 20 degrees above normal, a miracle here in the north!

My weight has decreased about a pound a week on maintenance but still within a normal range for 5'5". Never posted my stats before... kind of shy... but here goes... my body out there for all to see! :eek:

bicep 1/6: 12 3/9: 10.5
waist 1/6: 28 3/9: 25.5
hip 1/6: 40 3/9: 37
bust 1/6: 35 3/9: 33
thigh 1/6: 22! 3/9: 19
calf 1/6: 15 3/9: 13 (who knew my calfs were fat?! :eek:)

Have an incredibly awesome week! Spring is here and great things are ahead- just hang in there!

Things to work on this week: My posture!!! Have to learn to stand up tall! Why am I always looking at the ground? :confused:

tdiederich 03-09-2010 01:39 AM

1st wiegh in

Hi everybody. I really love reading everybody's post. It helps me stay on track and some give me a little chuckle along the way. This is my first weigh in. Yesterday, Monday, 03/08/10 was actually my first weigh in since starting FitDay but I said I would wait till today to post my results along with everybody else so here they are:

Drum roll please . . . . down 2.4 lbs this week

I have been an emotional roller coaster for the past 4 months which caused me to gain 16 lbs. I lost about 5 1/5 lbs before I joined FitDay which left me about 11-12 more lbs to go. Thought it was going to be an uphill battle but now I feel great and know I can do it with all the support I am finding here.

Here are my stats:

07/15/08, 06/01/09, 03/08/10
Wt -180, 122, 130.2
Bust - 42.0, 35.25, 36.0
Waist - 32.0, 24.25, 25.75
Hips - 42.0, 35.25, 36.0

As you can see, my weight kind of went on that roller coaster too with my emotions. I originally lost 58 lbs and maintianed if for quite a while until the last 4 months when I gained the 16 lbs back. But now I only have 8 more lbs to re-lose and I am back down to 122. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it . . . .

Goals for the week:

Increase activity level

:o Tracy :p

runawayspoon 03-09-2010 02:53 AM

Great stories, everyone! It's so important to stay positive and not beat ourselves up too much, or at least that's what I try to do. I'm still losing weight, still really hungry....Beginning stats and now:

Feb: B: 37 Today: B: 36
W:29 W: 27
H: 38 H: 36
Weight: 142 Weight: 135.2 Goal: 125
Height: 5'4"
Age(You gotta know):64!
So I've lost 2 lbs this week, and 7 since we started. I'm taking in about 1300 calories a day...hope to lose another couple of pounds before the next weigh in! Now, a nice hot cup of non-fat latte and some nasty oatmeal! You are all looking absolutely gorgeous, inside and out! Sharon

mandab1 03-09-2010 03:14 AM

my 1st weigh in in this thread!

I've lost 2 lbs this week, down to 133lbs! 13 lbs to go!!! I am loving these results!

I haven't taken any measurements but I should probably do that! I'll make it my goal for the week!

staceyalberta 03-09-2010 03:20 AM

GREAT results ladies. You all are doing awesome. Y'all make me jealous of your tiny waits...lol. Mine is like 29.5" BUT keep in mind I am 5'9"...lol. That's my excuse anyways.