Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-24-2011, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Tracey! Welcome back! I'm restarting with you after a disappointing plateau of six weeks or so followed by falling back into bad eating habits and regaining a bunch, thinking I'd restart after the first of the new year. Yes--big mistake for me, too! I manage my blood sugar, triglycerides, and cholesterol through diet and no medication with the guidance of my doctor who totally supports a low carbohydrate diet for me. I haven't heard of the Rosemary Conley diet, but will look it up on the Internet. I hope you enjoy wearing that lovely new dress tomorrow. You should feel better in it knowing your weight is headed back down. How old are your little ones? My "little ones" are ages 35 and 32.

Merry Christmas to you, too!
Old 12-24-2011, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Wishing all of you peace, love, and joy.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone!

I managed some time to check in. My weekly goals have been ok, logging is fine, water not so much, sleep is bad...

Tori, congrats on getting all your blankets done, losing two pounds and being consistent on your posting!

Mike, glad you got a new dryer and your much awaited video.

Quinn, hope you are managing your cooking well and manage to have some rest. Wonderful you do for the elderly.

Darlene, thank you, cheese is my downfall it hasn't been great but it hasn't been terrible. Those cookies look SO good, I have been getting a lot of my calories from cookies :S Glad your tea was a success.

Mary, good save with the salad!

MH, hope you had fun on your night out.

Torre, glad your days got better after your incident.

Luv, great going on your goals!

Cassie, I am with you with the sleeping goal... I managed a whole 3 hours of sleep last night... but I got a good nap today. Biscotti... yum! Great to hear your son did great this semester

April, congrats on the jeans! Hope your stress goes away for good.

Mern, so happy to hear Bethany is back home and eating regular food! Good call on postponing blood work but congrats on being on the wagon these days! Thank you for the card! My exercise has been seriously lacking I already feel a bit pudgy, but I have been standing a lot with cooking and baking... excuses excuses,

Pam, its hard to keep up with the logs but you can do it. Enjoy your mt.biking.

Tracy, welcome back, hope to see you around.

To EVERYONE, hope you enjoy these days with your family and friends and find time to be in peace with yourselves as well. Merry christmas and happy holidays!
Old 12-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone. I did enjoy my movie. I still can't believe that the nightmare band won the talent contest, the voting must have been rigged. I'll have to watch it again tomorrow to see if the outcome changes.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Merry Christmas to my 7 day family! I hope y'all have a wonderful day fill with family, fun... and good food.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Wishing all of you peace, love, and joy.

Thank you Mern, I hope you and your family (and your little friend) have a wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-24-2011, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Merry Christmas to all. I'm tucked up in my room at my daughter's, the stockings are full - and there is a shark floating about above the tree. Should be fun in the morning. Mern - my little ones are 44 to 34. Don"t know how that happened when I'm only 49. I may have to tell them to stop getting older. Mary
Old 12-25-2011, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

The ring was a success.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

I hope all of you are having a wonderful Christmas Day!

fit4luv, I kept my promise. Did 30 minutes of my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs aerobic walking DVD which is the equivalent of 2 miles regular walking. Did you get your exercise in or have it planned when you can work it in?

Main80, thanks for your kind words about my friend Bethany, for postponing my bloodwork for two months, and for my being back on the wagon. And you're welcome for the Christmas "post card." Standing on my feet in the kitchen or on any hard surface floor for long periods of time seems to cause fluid retention in my legs and feet. But even if it doesn't have that effect on you, standing burns more calories than sitting--plus stop and think how many STEPS we are taking walking around the kitchen getting out pots and pans, bending over, collecting ingredients. My food goals have been good and logging is very good, but my water has been horrible, as has my sleep.

Mike, it's so fun to read about your enjoying the movie. Well, in Ohio time (Eastern standard at 12:14AM) you were the first to wish us a Merry Christmas on Christmas Day. Wishing the same for you--enjoying a wonderful day with family, fun, good food. DH and I went out to eat last night after church services and our family will be having dinner at 4PM. So I have a leisurely day of food prep to do ahead whatever I can including baking the cake for DH's 72nd birthday today. Aw, thanks for your special wishes for Bethany, too. She was really tired after following through with her determination to go to church last night, but planned on waking the family up at 7AM today to open their gifts. LOL

Mary, wonderful that you are spending Christmas at your daughter's. That's cute about the shark floating above the tree. I'm all for telling the kids to stop getting older. My special cybergift to you is to be the oldest of our group--I'll be 51, then.

Last edited by Mern; 12-25-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Mike, glad GF loved the ring--I figured she would.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.