Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-21-2011, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Maybe you should keep the poker in the fire longer before jabbing me with it.

It would be quicker and more efficient to hit you with those cuddling hammers....
Old 12-21-2011, 02:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
My family loves to watch me on sinus meds. I do really stupid things, like putting things away in the fridge that don't belong there. lol I kind of feel like I'm in this weird fog. I found myself staring off into space a lot, which isn't a problem unless you stare at strangers like a zombie, which I may or may not have done yesterday. Actually, today I'm feeling really good, so maybe the worst is over. No meds for me today.

I'm totally forcing myself to take the entire day and wrap gifts today. (Have to... daughter is home tomorrow.) My problem is I don't know where I squirreled them all away... lol They're around here somewhere... luckily, I have a master list of items. I just have no idea where they are hidden.
Quinn you are cracking me up this morning - you have given me such a great mental image of you wandering off into your own private Idaho

Cassie, running at 11:45 you are one determined lady, wow!

Darlene, wow. I agree with Quinn, having problems w/heat, water and a roof over ones head is such a helpless feeling - arrg.

Mike, so the consensus on the diamonds is: go ahead, but tread carefully . It is funny, but as I read through the responses the ladies on the upward side of 35 are advising caution, and the youngsters are saying Go For It! With the exception of mhibdon who pointed out that tiny boxes mean only 1 thing.

Goals:
Diet and fitness
1. Keep calories under 1800 - roughly my maintenance level
M=N Fail big time, T=Y
2. Keep white foods to a minimum and avoid sweets.M=N (Apple tart for b’fast & 2 sourdough rolls), T=Y
3. Run 2 times - one long run, one hill training run
M=N(not yet), T=N(not yet)
4. Work on "double unders" (jump rope where the rope goes under you feet 2 times for every hop)
M=N(not yet) T=N(not yet)
5. Work on chataranga (yoga push ups. I have been doing them wrong which is tearing up my shoulders. When done correctly one uses a lot of back muscles rather than relying on arm strength alone.)
M=N(not yet) Y=N(not yet)
6. Log all food - good, bad, or indifferent
M=Y (not pretty) T=Y

Home and Heart
7. Finish wrapping
M=Y
8. Tune up skis
9. Make holiday calls to 4 friends
M=Y (2)
10. Get performance evaluations done
M=N (echh) M=N (echh)
11. Tidy up garage before leaving
M=Y started, T=Y

Yesterday wasn't too bad. The rat exterminator people were here most of the day doing the rat proofing around the house. Geez, my house is less that 1700 sq feet, you would not think that there were so many places a rat could get in. But I think that did a very thorough job. Let's hope all those problems are over. At least they didn't think that the infestation was so bad that we needed to remove and replace all the insulation in the attic. Because it is considered a hazardous waste in CA, that job can cost about 10 grand!!!

OK off to finish my chores and packing before heading up the Sierras.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Pam, she's in her upper 30's so I'll treat it with caution.

Quinn, be easy on the hammers. Did you notice that I said on and not with?
Old 12-21-2011, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Mike I used to give my dog a herbal breath freshner and it helped. I can't remember what was in it - I think some mint and parsley for starters. I've heard dog breath described as "the breath of death" a great thing to wake up to.

Off to face a pot luck lunch. I just had a high protein snack to avoid being too hungry and I'm taking a salad. Mary
Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Mike I used to give my dog a herbal breath freshner and it helped. I can't remember what was in it - I think some mint and parsley for starters. I've heard dog breath described as "the breath of death" a great thing to wake up to.

Off to face a pot luck lunch. I just had a high protein snack to avoid being too hungry and I'm taking a salad. Mary
Would you mind PMing me a link if you have one? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

I have computer...problemsI have to cut..copy
..pasteLog...on..when I..can better .

almeeker
fit4luv, I'm liking your short list, it's catchy and easy to remember. I may have to steal it next week.
Go For It!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, I am behind this week, have been so tired at night I couldn't bring myself to write. Good news is I have survived the wine and cheese night so the rest of the week should go smoothly until Saturday. Goals are simple.

1. Log everything. Yes, Yes
2. Drink water. Yes, Could be better
3. Do not be a lazy bum. Yes, Mmmm.

Mhibdon, nice to have you back this week. Hope you are having a good time at home, avoiding the drama as much as possible. Take care of the blood sugar.

Cassie, hope you manage to get enough sleep this week, its easy to get carried away.

Zoeduc, I like your goal, stay good all week.

Almeeker, your presents for your daughters are all so great! I love rabbits! Looks like you are handling the week well so far.

Tori, sorry you had a lousy day, try to keep your spirits up and focus on the good like having all your gifts wrapped!

Mike, that chinese food sign is funny. I will agree that you are probably safe because the ring is part of a set, quite lovely gift but yes avoid any kneeling down movements. On the doggie topic, you can give her or make her some treats, primary ingredient is parsley.

Joanna, congrats on all you As, the loss and have a great time wearing shorts in Florida!

Fit4luv, great to see you and nice goals.

Mern, hope your week is going great.

Pam, enjoy the cooking and great dinners!

Torre, welcome! Congrats on your goals so far, even with the scary incident. Just try to listen to your body and it will be fine.

Quinn, so sorry you got the bug but great that you are feeling better today and off the meds (even if it saddens the entertainment for your family).

Darlene, sorry you are having heat trouble again, so frustrating and just cold. Hope that sorts out soon and you can enjoy the week.

Mary, congrats on having a great day and a great attitude.

Behaze, yey on reaching your calorie level yesterday.

I hope thats everyone!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

A friend just showed this to me, and I thought I'd pass it along for those times when we're feeling down about weight loss/appearance/life/the world in general:

Automatic Flatterer

Er... I hope linking to that is okay? Given that it's not another weight loss forum/attempting to sell anything/any kind of promotion...
Old 12-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

It's almost Christmas time. I'm still waiting on Emmet otter to come beating down my door!

Tori, if you look closely you can see Emmet, spreading his Christmas cheer to us.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-21-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Mike HA!! I love that Emmet is kind of floating above, keeping a watchful eye on all of us!! Great job on the tree! Maybe the DVD will show up on Christmas Eve. It'll be your own private Christmas Miracle!!

Today has started better. I haven't been really productive because it's raining. Which means the cat is being lazy, and therefore so am I. I need to get up and find some lunch and then start on those last 3 blankets. Then this evening will be Cookiepalooza 2011. I'm thinking there will be upward of 10 dozen cookies this year. The house will smell aMAzing, I just have to remember to wash my hands and not lick the batter off my fingers.

Hope everyone has a great day, will catch up with all of you later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.