Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Reporting in:

1. Keep calories reasonable (maintenance ~1500-1600) M-F. 1436, burned 1641
2. Keep a water bottle going throughout the day. Yes
3. Run a mile daily (doing this with son who will have to do it next semester in PE). Yes
4. Weights twice this week.
5. Tennis at least once this week.
6. Log everything and post every day. Yes
7. 7 hours of sleep. Yes
8. Get on the scale everyday...not so much for the number, but for the reminder to be mindful. Yes
9. Don't totally lose control on Christmas Eve or Christmas!
10. Do shoulder exercises every day. Yes

So far so good; a little higher than I'd like on the calories, but by the same token, I know from personal experience that if I'm too strict, it will certainly backfire. Had to taste the biscotti and pizzelles to make sure they were fit to give away .

mhibdon, no worries, Steg is welcome to come live under the bridge with us. He looks like he is teh awesomes. Does he like cats? Enjoy your active time with PPD? Is it a possibility that PPD may eventually become a PD?

Darlene, crazy days, I know. Everything will get done in its own time. It's a shame you couldn't fit a trip south into your schedule for biscotti and tea!

edalht, welcome to the thread! You look like you're making great progress with your goals! I commend you for starting over the holiday season. I'm from Baltimore originally, so we'll just have to agree not to talk football .

Bindi, scales play head games. Don't even give it the satisfaction. Hold steady and you will be just fine! Enjoy your Wii time.

Joanna! Congrats on your classes this semester! Yes, you can succeed in grad school; you're killing it! Enjoy a well-deserved break.

Mary, I think you should trust yourself to make the right decisions for you. It may take some trial and error, but you'll get there. Just take care of yourself (sometimes physically with good food, sometimes emotionally with an occasional planned treat) and it will work out.

Pam, your time of peace and quiet sounds heavenly. I hope you enjoy and have a lovely holiday season at the lake house.

Quinn, good grief, woman, feel better so you can enjoy the holiday! Hope your sinuses don't interfere with you getting some good rest...take care. I'm doing your focaccia for Christmas Eve, btw.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I know from personal experience that if I'm too strict, it will certainly backfire.
So true!
Is that one of your cats in your avatar?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--1300 to 1400 calories a day. After trying to stick to 1300 for about a month, I've realized that I can eat upward to 14 an still drop my 2 lbs a week. M1672 not too bad considering the girls wanted Mexican for lunch today, and I didn't over indulge on the free chips and salsa
2--limit the soda. I'm NOT stressing over this this week. If I have more than 1 a day, so be it. Mhad 1 and a 1/2
3--lose 2 lbs. With 2 more I should be right under my mini goal of 230. Fingers crossed Mdidn't weight

Life/Home
1--finish last 3 blankets--N
2--finish wrapping gifts Monly have 6 more to go
3--make Christmas cookies. I've had requests for the butterscotch since October MN planning on doing these on my day off Wednesday. That way a certain truck driver can have his freaking butterscotch cookies Thursday...
4--do not kill coworkers, family or customers MY
5--relax and enjoy everything MY I was even asked by one of the guys at work if I was "high or something, cause you're never this happy on a Monday"

I'm pretty happy with what I accomplished today. I didn't hit my calories, but didn't go insane like I did this weekend.

I know that I've missed a lot of conversation today, but I'll have to catch up with y'all tomorrow evening....super duper tired after wrapping gifts since 5
Old 12-19-2011, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, Mike, any word on when Emmett and the gang will be arriving??
Old 12-19-2011, 06:52 PM
FitDay Member

Well it was a bad exercise day but I did put in a lot of pavement pounding errands and calories were low due to being full of liquids all day and I got to hang with friends and put up my feet so all in all a good day. Have a nice night everyone.

May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope;
The spirit of Christmas which is peace;
The heart of Christmas which is love.

~Ada V. Hendricks

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=0
Gym 2 days 0
Exercise 4 days: M=N
Squats 4 days: M=N
Ab work 4 days: M=N
Calories less than 1400 Mon thru Thur: M=1063
Calories less than 1900 Fri thru Sun: NA
Calorie deficit of 3000 for week: M= -870
Christmas company or visits everyday: M=Yes
Slow down and take in or share the holiday spirit: M=Yes
Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
RABBITS get stud fees!! That seems like quick money.
LOL, quick and easy. Probably makes the human males jealous.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
LOL, quick and easy. Probably makes the human males jealous.
Geez, if human males could get stud fees, the world would be a scary place. Mental picture, need brain bleach...aarrhh!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Is that one of your cats in your avatar?
Yep, that's Gordy, my big-dumb-jock cat. He's as big as the other two put together and not too bright, but he's a sweetie.

Tori: Awesomely productive day, girl! Very nice especially on the not-killing-someone goal .
Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Almeeker: Awwww! My Little for my sorority used to walk her rabbit on a leash! Are you going to do agility shows?!
I don't think we have any agility shows for rabbits around here, unless of course you count the beagle competitions. That's funny about your friend walking her rabbit on a leash. I had a leash trained black agouti, French Lop named Hercules when I was a teenager. He was HUGE, 18.5lbs of nothing but love. He was so large and had such long floppy ears that people often mistook him for an ugly dog, but nope he hopped and ate carrots and was beautiful.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by behaze
Almeeker – aw, rabbits! They’re illegal to own as pets here. I so wanted one when I was a kid. Your daughter is going to go nuts! I’m stealing your water goal this week, too.
Illegal? Wow, I had no idea. I suppose that has something to do with the fact that they aren't indigenous don't have any natural predators? I seem to recall that there was a huge problem with rabbits multiplying and eating everything green in the outback at one point. Although it seems harsh to keep a little girl from having a sweet harmless pet rabbit, they make awesome pets BTW (better than cats even). Did you at least get to have a pet kangaroo or koala bear? Both of which are illegal pets here in the States, unless you have all sorts of permits.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
They are little girls Mike, get your mind out of the gutter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.