Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Old 12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone. I'm bummed to have missed the lively conversation about bad boys that happened today. It was another crazy, stressful day, topped off by the fact that our docs meeting was out to lunch...Thai...the doc who manages the practice ordered for us and it was a disaster. When I came home and looked up the nutrition, I about fell off my chair, and ate Cheerios for dinner.

April, thanks for posting the calorie rules. I will be sure to keep them in mind...heck, I think I will frame them! I needed that smile today.

Quinn, I hope you do not have The Yuck. Rest up, fluids, chicken soup, heating pad...you know what to do. Take it easy, girlfriend.

Mike, the way you've been rocking policies lately, you should be able to get your bike sometime soon. Always helps to know what you're working for, right? I really wish I could come to N.O. for the race. Maybe one of these years!

Darlene, you are so productive I get tired just reading your posts. I know you have created a wonderful holiday for your family. I hope you can relax and enjoy it soon! I think your avatar looks great, photogenic or no.

Behaze, oh, my, the days of forgotten breakfast! Had to smile over the dinner incident; I have lots of days like that, too. Thanks for putting up your avatar as well. I love putting names with faces for everyone. Some folks look so close to how I pictured and some not so much...it's really been fun to see people.

Tori, smart girl on the Frosty. I truly believe in the value of giving into controlled cheats occasionally. Good plan. It doesn't work for everyone, but knowing yourself and what you need is super important.

Hi Pam! Wise words on the bad boys. Have you done some Christmas shopping for H & H yet ?

Almeeker, thought of you the other day; there was a big article in our paper about a gingerbread house competition; I think it was in Asheville. The pictures were amazing. I think you should bring your mad skills east next year and enter it.

Mern, hope things are all well and good with you. Thanks for your encouraging words earlier; you are always there with the right thing to say. Unfortunately that number gave me only about 100-150 cals deficit; I just don't burn that much to begin with. But it helped to have the pick-me up!

Rose, I love Chico on that tree! Do you have a sporty new sweater or scarf for his handsome self this winter? What a year he has had!

I am sorry if I missed anyone. My connection has been going funky and I can't restart the thread to check. I like it so much better when I can chat with y'all during the day, but that's not in the cards tomorrow, either. Hopefully Friday. Will check in later with the numbers...still working on a couple of them. Enjoy your evening, all!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, anytime you can make it let me know.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Okay...had to share; this made me absolutely crack up!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Run.jpg (45.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

1. 1200 calories or fewer. 871-still recovering from too many weekend party goodies 1471 long story, 1911, damn unplanned lunch
2. Follow what works for my pie chart. Yes, Yes, No
3. Log absolutely everything. Yes, even cough drops and vitamin C, Yes, Yes
4. Drink 3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Take vitamins and calcium. Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Exercise 7 times. Stationary bike, None today, Cardio Tennis
7. Do shoulder exercises. Yes, No, Yes
8. Get in bed by midnight, 1 AM Friday and Saturday. Yes Not even close, Cutting close
9. Post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
10. Focus on something wonderful that happened during the day (thx Quinn). Had an unexpected nice positive attention moment happen at work today.

Wow, totally need to scrap today and all its unplanned traps. Tomorrow I will be on the road at lunch and we have a pizza dinner planned (band night fundraiser); lunch date out Friday. It's turning out to be a week full of minefields. Between yesterday and today, I'm breaking even...better than being over, I guess.

I'm having trouble on the site tonight...pages won't load and I can't get colors to show up. Is it just me?

MAIN80, are you in bed yet? I'll go if you will!

Night, y'all .
Old 12-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) Lose 3 pounds (starting @ 182.2)
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes, yes
3) Gallon of water yes, yes, yes
4) 3000 calories deficient -1060. -907, -965
5) 1 cheat meal clean, clean, clean
6) Gym x 3 day off, yes, day off
7) No Bread none, I caved, none
8) Net Carbs less than 65g/day (not including cheat) 73.6g, 76.8g
9) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed) got up, no, ?
10) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes, yes, yes
b) Vitamin yes, yes, yes
c) Glucosamine yes, yes, yes
d) Fluoride rise yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
DONE 11) Write 4 policies (have to turn up the heat on this one) 3, 0, 1 (4 so far)

Old 12-14-2011, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie Thanks for the kind words. lol at the running pic I am sure I look the the bottom pic for sure.

Mike Thanks I will try to figure out this pic thing and I will check out your link.

Have a great night everyone.

Remember this December,
That love weighs more than gold!

Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=8.2k, T=6k, W=2.5k
Gym 2 days: 0, 0,0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Walk, W=Treadmill
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Calories less than 1400: M= 1226, T=1236, W=1168
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-818, T=-685, W=-984
Christmas prep or participation everyday: M=Christmas cookie gifts packaged and ready for delivery. T=Cookie bags delivered, gift cards all purchased, mom and dad’s gifts done. W= Started wrapping.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:25 PM
FitDay Member

Turned out to be a blah day. But I have not coughed at all!

1. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Drink water. 2L, 1L, No
3. Exercise 4 times. No, No, No.
4. Sleep before midnight. Close but no, Oh so close. Pffft

Mern, Glad I reminded you of the water... I on the other hand did terrible on that today. Today I can't use being sick as an excuse, I feel fine just being lazy. Hope your friend is recovering nicely and no more surgery is needed.

Cassie, clearly did not make it to bed by midnight... You just have to find your way around the landmines, at least the next ones you know about right? And I am sure that little girl looks better than I do when I try to run.

Quinn, I hope you get to avoid the bug! Its really no fun!

Pam, how terrible to have frozen feet, (frozen anything really). Hope your week picks up and the rats are gone for good.

April, terrible that you are sick and I hope you can rest and feel better. Forget the scale and concentrate on taking care of yourself. I love the rules, specially number 4 and 8.

Tori, you are right, the junior size is just the perfect amount to get the sweet treat but its easy to get tricked into getting the small, which is in comparison not small at all. Great job on the diet soda and shopping, now on to the blankets.

Behaze, lovely picture. Hope you settle into a routine soon, and how sweet of your little boy with his sister.

Darlene, you look great on your picture! Glad you are almost set with all the holiday shopping.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Let me explain what "bad boy" means to guys... and what I THINK it means to women, correct me if I'm wrong.

A bad boy to a guy is just that, a bad boy. Someone that's going to treat you like crap and disrespect you. Probably doesn't have a job, and if he does, he won't have it for long. A real dead beat, probably doesn't support or see his kids. He's the guy that you see on the TV show Cops, that comes out of his mobile home (nothing against mobile homes, that's just how it is on Cops), drunk, wearing a wife beater, has a budweiser in one hand and a corn dog in the other. Probably covered in tattoos and will control your every move. He says "what do you tell a woman with two black eyes?"... "Nothing you can say, you already told her twice!"

A bad boy to women (how I see it) is a good looking guy, slightly rough around the edges, maybe a tattoo or two, somewhat mysterious, can take control of a situation.

What you say you want is one thing, but then when women get a real "bad boy" that's when their world get turned upside down.

So if I'm correct, why is it that if a guy takes control of a situation (ie wears the pants) he the bad boy? That's a MAN, we are supposed to do that, we are raised to be the backbone of the family, the one that everyone can lean on when sh!t hits the fan.

Do you really want a guy that's out to 3am partying every night? Do you REALLY want a guy that's not going to answer your call, granted it's always good to let a call or 2 slip by. Women need to quit looking for boys, when it's a man that you really need.

That's coming from the only MAN in this thread... but I act like a boy at times.
I like this topic too much to not comment.

For sure the definition of bad boy for a guy is NOT my definition of bad boy, you have described a low life loser, sadly there are a women who fall for them.

When I think of a bad boy, its more like how Quinn describes it, just someone who has a little bit of mystery and attitude and of course has to be attractive or else there is no *sigh* (Right now I am picturing Jon Hamm's character in Mad Men). Sometimes they are players sometimes they are not, and I agree some women find them attractive because they see a challenge to change them (I can't understand why, I have enough issues of my own to deal with someone elses). Other women, I think, go for a "bad boy" because of that mystery dangerous element, they push you a little outside of your comfort zone and it can be fun and different, and also you know it's not meant to be a long lasting thing.

I agree that women should not be looking for boys, and I think most problems come from the fact that people in general have no idea what they are looking for or what they need so they just go with the flow and see what happens.

I have had to hear nice guys complain about this, but I think it is the same the other way around, you see many "good" men with girls that are just no good. I guess this is also a matter of balance, be generally nice with some mystery, take control over situations but not be arrogant....

Anyway its fun you brought Vito out of the lurking.

Ugh... fitday was having problems just now would let me post or log in really.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, my young sick friend's name is Bethany, age 13.

Prayers are much appreciated. Thanks.

Update is below in white for those of you who would like to know more: click and drag your cursor down to read.

No diagnosis on the cause of the hole in Bethany's large intestine since a foot long section of it and a piece of her colon were removed due to serious infection in both. During the surgery her parents were updated "we removed part of her intestines but we don't know whether we'll be able to put her back together": meaning they didn't know whether her intestines would "wake up" and resume functioning normally after the surgery. Her large intestine has not resumed functioning since the surgery (should have by now) and she continues to be fed through her veins. She is begging to eat food like Slushies and ice cream, but they won't let her have even a liquid diet through the mouth yet- poor kid.

They are testing for Crohn's disease as a complication of her Type I diabetes. Crohn's disease can be manageable with early diagnosis and the effective treatment.

From Mayo Clinic's website:
Though there is no known medical cure for Crohn's disease, treatment of the disease has changed much in the last 20 years, and it continues to evolve. Our goal is to diagnose Crohn's early and use medications and surgery to get patients into remission (symptom free) and keep them there.

Crohn's disease is a chronic bowel condition characterized by inflammation in the small or large intestine. In essence, your immune system attacks your body. White blood cells build up in the lining of the digestive tract, which becomes inflamed and causes diarrhea, abdominal pain and rectal bleeding. Additional complications include bowel obstruction, ulcers and fistulas (abnormal tunnels in tissue)."

Prayers are much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Mern; 12-15-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene, thanks for putting your pic up! Didn't have time to read your post/s yet from yesterday but when I saw your pic I just knew that was you even before I saw the dar n --you look just as I pictured you in my mind. Isn't that strange? Very pretty picture, I might add.

Small whine: I should be grateful to have stuff to do--can never complain about being bored, that's for sure. But there are just not enough hours in the day for me to do all I need to do before dinner so that I can relax in the evening. So I am behind with our group in reading and posting.

I did really well on my food, water, and exercise yesterday until very late evening when I did an uncontrolled carb binge. Though I know it does no good to beat oneself up over a cheat, I should at least regret last night's cheat, but honestly, I don't. I haven't logged my really bad cheat yet, but I will and will be honest about posting my report for Wednesday later today.

I remember that a week or so ago we had a discussion about plateaus and I posted about how they are normal and will go away if we keep on doing what we know is right for our body. But I've been on this plateau for well over a month, and no matter what I do right now I'm not losing an ounce. Yes, I've had a few cheats, but I should still have lost SOMETHING in between.

I know it's just a matter of time before I start losing again, and I will get right back on the wagon today (never intended to stay off). Yeah, I know last night's cheat certainly didn't help my cause. I'm perfectly OK--just annoyed with not losing.

Gotta go--errands are calling...

Hope to catch up with the posting later today.

Hugs to all.

Last edited by Mern; 12-15-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.