Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Old 12-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I do know that the cost of living is good there, but you have to have the $$ to actually move. And there is the small problem of not being able to see my family whenever I want. This will be my first Mardi Gras, it's always been on my bucket list.
The first time I came down there was a couple of months before Katrina. We helped my cousin and his family move into the Baptist Semenary. He wound up having to stay after the storm, but his family moved back up here. The next year I went back with his wife to help move some of their stuff back down, I'm thinking hurricane season started like a week after I helped her move back down and I asked her "are y'all sure about this? I mean, didn't you just have to move back to SC because of a hurricane???" He finished up his masters there and then moved to Raleigh, NC to work on his doctorate. He was only in NC for a year when he realized that he and his family were meant to be in N.O. So, they're back now as he finishs up his doctorate.
There was one place up here that sold authentic N.O. food, the guy was actually from down there, and it was a-maz-ing!! But, he went out of business because the freaks up here wouldn't frequent the restaurant. He even had frozen precooked meals that you could buy so you didn't actually have to eat at his restaurant. I miss that guy......
That's an awesome story. How long are you going to be down for Mardi Gras? The parades on Sat & Sunday are better than Mardi Gras day. Anytime at night is going to be INSANE on Bourbon Street. Words can not describe how packed it gets. We should meet up while you're down.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

Mern – it’s always a pleasure reading your posts. You do a wonderful job to include everyone and you always have something interesting to say. For your friend, I am still thinking of her – not being religious, I won’t offer prayers, but I send positive vibes your way and hope they can find the cause of the perforation and can fix her up like new. I also hope it’s just one of those freak occurrences and not something that’s likely to happen again. I can only imagine the absolute mixed horror and relief her parents experienced when learning of this stray piece of corn.

As for the calorie count, yeah, it’s school holidays here until the end of January, so it’s chaotic, to say the least. One child is calmed and settled and another one starts up. I’ve come back into the kitchen at lunchtime to discover my cereal, milked and ready to go, has been sitting since 7am when I made it, alongside a prepared but very cold cup of tea and I’ve completely forgotten about it! Oh well, it’ll only be a couple more months before we’re in a good routine. At least our 19mo is surprisingly gentle with the baby. He strokes her hair and face and tries to jam a dummy into her face (not necessarily her mouth – just her face) when she cries and this morning he gave her a kiss on her forehead while I was feeding her. Love!

Darlene
– I’m always so jealous of people who get snow! I know it gets old fast for many of you. But good on you for thinking ahead and getting in your hike and some bracing air for your lungs!

Almeeker – you make my back ache just thinking of crouching over 20 gazillion gingerbread houses. I’ll bet they’re spectacular.

Quinn – nice job on having almost everything prepared for Christmas! We do all our wrapping on Christmas Eve-Eve with a bottle of wine for me and a few scotches for my partner. I hope your bug buggers off! Being sick over Christmas is just not fair!

Pam – wow, you’ve been a busy girl this week! Hopefully you get a chance to relax over the weekend.

April – your goals are looking very green, indeed! Nice job.

Mike and Quinn – oh, you meant a MOTORbike . . . haha! I assumed you were talking about a bicycle. It’d have to be a pretty speedy doggy to run alongside a motorbike. I guess that’s what I get for eavesdropping on half a conversation.

I bowed out on the exercise yesterday. But it’s back to it today! Calories yesterday – I didn’t log, but I know I went over. I asked my partner to bring home some dinner and he chose hot dogs. Not only that, but he also purchased a Godzilla-sized bag of these delicious little mini choc-chip biscuits. They’re so teeny tiny, you don’t realize you’ve eaten five hundred and forty until the bag looks sad and empty. Whoops. That’s okay, my 9yo will inhale the remaining few and I won’t have to feel guilty today.

Fitness:
30 minutes of cardio exercise 5 days: Y, Y, N
Keep calorie count between 1200 and 1500 N, 978; N, 1081, didn’t log

Personal:
Play a board/console game with my 9yo every day to prove I haven’t forgotten my oldest baby. Y, Y, Y
Be more calm – my sleeplessness shouldn’t be anyone else’s problem but my own. Y, close call, but Y, Y
Old 12-14-2011, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Avatar uploaded. This is a few months old. The most recent one of me looks like someone dragged me out of the gutter by my hair . . . and I wasn't even hungover! Vanity prevails . . .
Old 12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Behaze, nice avatar. You're not eavesdropping, you've just been gone. Ive been whining for the pat month or so about getting a MOTORbike.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Mike! Are you any closer to getting it, or is it still a dream?
Old 12-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Nah, been spending too much money. I'm probably going to wait a year.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Amy I love your goal. I bet the kids all loved the gingerbread houses! I hope you have a restful day today.

Rose Your party sounded fun, good for you for sticking to your goals. My walk was great it got cold today but still no snow.

Mern Thanks for the kind words I am trying to be good this week I know next week will be a write off.

Quinn I hope you stay healthy, although getting some help with gift wrapping wouldn’t be so bad. Denzel Washington and James Dean need to be considered for bad boys in my opinion also. I love your advice for dating, we always told the kids if they need changing they are not the perfect match for you.

Mike How do I post pictures to our forum?” I would just look like a badass on a sport bike, but under the helmet I would be a big smiling nerd. See, you have to be both” Laughing so hard I can hardly type. My hubby says it’s the ring thing also, his friend is single and when they hit the pubs together he meets women for his friend. I think it has to do with confidence when you are in a relationship you are acting like yourself when you are out not pretending to be cool to pick up a woman.

Pam Cheers I love your avatar! Everyone seems to be having a really busy week I hope you find some time to relax. I took some pics of my cat he would defiantly be able to work as a mouser for you but I can’t figure out how to post them yet so coming soon…

April I am sorry to hear you are sick, get lots of rest. I love your cookie post and I will put the rules to use later this week.

Tori You are doing well with your dew addiction so far this weeks. Lol at your meeting a date at the gas station story.

Behaze Unlike most Canadians we get very little snow I live on the west coast so we get rain, rain and more rain, I do like the snow when it arrives it’s very pretty.

Alright I posted my picture as an avatar I am not photogenic and hate having my pic taken so my best friend sent me this one so I could have a face like everyone else. I got a ton of food shopping done today and it was all holiday foods so I didn’t even unpack it, just stacked it up in the corner of our room so it won’t get eaten. I think I am 100% ready for our boxing day party and about 75% ready for Christmas day so I am hoping to be able to take it easy next week. I still need to go buy a tree and get it put up this weekend the days just seem to be flying by this week. Tomorrow I am taking my parents and dd to a little town about 45min away they have decorated all the store front windows with old fashioned Christmas themes it should be nice to walk around I hope the weather holds out. I need to go start wrapping gifts so I will post actuals later. Have a great night everyone.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Nice work with the tree Mike. I get a fail today on journaling etc but a nice unexpected visit with my son.
Mary
Old 12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mary.

Darlene, if the pic is small enough, you may be able to attach it to a post, under manage attachments (I think). I just upload all my pics to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

I'll update my Wednesday Health/Fitness in the morning, for now I'll just do Life/Work....

Life/Work
1-clean the cat's bathroom....it's not as bad as last week, but still needs to be done completely N,N,N
2-all laundry....I haven't figured out why the pile keeps growing??? N,N,N
3-make all 4 blankets for the kids' N,N,N
4-finalize all Christmas shopping N,N,DONE DONE AND DONE!!!
5-start wrapping presents N,N,N
6-try not to kill anyone at work Y,Y, off work today but I didn't kill anyone at home either!!
7-stay on top of all paperwork, no more getting behind Y,Y, no paperwork today

I've really got to work on not being so lazy with the home duties. It just seems that when I get home from work, make dinner, work out, give attention to the cat because she demands at least 30 minutes every day just for her, and then pack lunch for the next day....well, I just don't feel like doing manual labor around the house too. And now that we've thrown Christmas into the mix, well that just adds to the stress. But at least my shopping is finally done. I pulled an all dayer but I got it completed! The last of my gifts were purchased about an hour ago, now I just have to unload the car and start on those dang blankets!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.