Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 12 December

Old 12-15-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

bhaze, I caught your photo as I was quickly skimming down. Your photo is really pretty! This photo sharing is wonderful--so nice to SEE with whom I am sharing this journey to better health and better fitness.

Positive vibes are appreciated just as much as prayers. Thanks--that means a lot to me. Big hug to ya!

Yes, Bethany's parents are under a lot of stress and you are right--they were both relieved and horrified by that stray piece of corn. She's in Children's Hospital. I don't know if I posted this, but while she was in surgery, her father had an attack and they rushed him down the street to a different hospital because they thought he may have had a heart attack. Their conclusion was that it was a "panic attack" and recommended he follow up with his family doctor. Family doctor also thinks it was just a panic attack, so that's good news.

Last edited by Mern; 12-15-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

oh Mern, that is sad, poor thing. I hope she has a speedy recovery and if they won't let her have ice cream, maybe she can at least have a realistic dream of eating a Reeses Blast, with extra candy.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes(if not, it was very close), W: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch M: Yes, T: was off work, W: short lunch, Th: worked half day so no lunch,
4. Exercise 4 times W-Sun W: No, Th: No,
5. Weight and post weight M: 271.2,I am going to bow out on this one since I am sick now too and it is causing huge fluctuations in my scale.

Life Goals ...
1. Make a Christmas Card List M: done for work cards, T: No, W: No,

Yesterday was pretty good. I am still not feeling great. My throat hurts to swallow and my head is congested and I get 'gook' when I cough. I know, I know...take care of myself like I would the rest of the family. So I made an appointment to see my doctor today when I get off work at 4pm. I really don't like taking medicine but I can't feel like this for much longer. I am beat and haven't done much today at all.

I didn't get a chance to do more than skim the posts so I'm sorry if I miss anyone.

Mike ... Bad boys to me are different than dirtball losers. LOL! I wouldn't want someone that spends their days laying on their mom's couch and telling her to bring him another beer. Yuck! I just like the image of a tough guy and in ways I got one. If I ever need anything, my hubby is there for me. He isn't afraid to mix words or stand up for his family. He is my rock. I have actually gained a lot of backbone from being with him. I used to be such a doormat.

Mern ... Oh, I feel so bad for your little friend. I really hope that the drs figure it out and get her eating soon.

Darlene .. You are my Christmas Idol! I just don't have that much spirit in me like you do. Your trip with the parents and dd sounds wonderful.

Vito ... You should come out of lurking more often and join us!!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

April, you got you a man on your hands!

Amy, your turn! Is your app messing up? Mine keeps saying loading and sending move!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Mike – aw. Spending always does that to big ticket dreams.

Darlene – I like your avatar! You look happy in it. Did you get all your wrapping done?

Mary – I hope you had a wonderful time catching up with your son.

Tori – Good job on getting all your Christmas shopping done! Oh, and you’re doing wonderfully in your efforts not to kill anyone at work (or at home!).

Cassie – makes you wonder how Thai people are naturally such slender people. Oh, I know takeaway isn’t REAL ethnic food, but it’s just so yummy! As for the avatars – so, am I the former or the latter? To be honest, I pictured you as having blonde, curly hair. No clue why. You have a very capable look about you, though. I guess that puts your clients at ease, hey? Your goals are also looking very green! Yay!

Main – thanks! And yeah, the boys are very sweet with their sister. She’s got them, as well as her dad (okay, maybe me, too), wrapped firmly around her little finger. Now she’s started smiling, it’s just gonna get better! Good to hear you’re not coughing anymore! Let’s hope it stays that way.

Mern – aw, shucks. And no, I hadn’t heard about her dad, too. What a stressful week for them. Poor chicky, not getting any ‘real’ food. I’m still hoping it all works out for her. So glad her dad ‘only’ suffered a panic attack and it was nothing so serious as a heart attack. It’s good to hear your head is in the right space regarding plateaus. You know just as I do that you’ll work through it and come out smiling.

April – I just clicked on your photo links. Wow! I knew you’d done a spectacular job losing 60lbs, but seeing the evidence is hugely impressive. You’re looking great!

Almost got the 1200 calories yesterday! If only things like candy canes and chocolate were filled with nutritious calories instead of empty ones, it'd all be so very easy . . . hehe. I’m sure I’m not the first person to lament that lack. Tacked on an extra 10 minutes of exercise yesterday, too, which isn’t a lot, but I felt pretty good about it. Being calm today is going to be a challenge. My 9yo is in one of THOSE moods. I will get lots of practice counting to ten today, I think!

Stats for yesterday:

Fitness:
30 minutes of cardio exercise 5 days: Y, Y, N, Y
Keep calorie count between 1200 and 1500 N, 978; N, 1081, didn’t log, N, 1112

Personal:
Play a board/console game with my 9yo every day to prove I haven’t forgotten my oldest baby. Y, Y, Y, Y
Be more calm – my sleeplessness shouldn’t be anyone else’s problem but my own. Y, close call, but Y, Y, Y

Last edited by behaze; 12-15-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Bolding!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Playing around with a signature, coz I wanna be like the cool kids.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness1-under 1300 calories....hoping for better numbers than last week M1071 Tu1542 W1094
2-48 oz water daily...64 was just not manageable for me M-sooo close that I'm giving myself this one Tu-no Wno
3-1 Dt Dew daily....I'm sticking with this one until I nail it M-YES TuYES WYES
4-Exercise 5 times...should have no excuses this week, I'm perfectly healthy I give up this week....
5-45% or less carbs....40% was really tough, I usually kept under 45 though M57% it was that dang Frosty and it's sugar!! Tu39% even if I went over my calories W61%
6-log log log....a no brainer, but it's easy green! MYES TuYES WYES
7-shooting for 2 more lbs M-didn't weigh Tu-didn't weigh W-didn't weigh.....I'm trying to get over my scale obsession. As much as I want to hit this goal, I'm not going to stress myself all week. I'll let y'all know on the weekly wrap up
Old 12-15-2011, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday was really good until a late night uncontrolled carb binge. Today was pretty much back on track.

Calorie limit 1600 1569, 1488, 1904, 1525
Cholesterol limit 300mg 192mg, 214mg, 263mg, 161mg
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 27.7g, 25.2g close enough, 125.9g 23.6g
Saturated fat limit 12% of total calories 17%, 10%, 13%, 14%
Fiber 30g 20g. 39g 26g, 26g
Veggies 5 servings 4, YES, YES, YES

Sugar Free Chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 5, 0, 6, 0
Fish oil and vitamin D, green tea capsules for help with water retention forgot green tea, ditto, YES, YES

Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off
Water: aiming for over 48 ounces Sucked big time, ditto, YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 12-15-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers, good vibes, good wishes for my young hospitalized friend, Bethany. (Mike, LOL on the Reeses Blast with extra candy. I hope she can dream of that, too. ) Update: No cause found for the tear in her intestine that was surgically repaired but it may have been a freak accident--possibly from swallowing a small, sharp piece of something like a chicken bone that she didn't feel going down but was sharp enough to cause the tear. They didn't find any bone but said it would be consistent with the type of tear she had. Her mother said Bethany has a bad habit of chewing toothpicks and they also said if she swallowed a small, sharp piece of that, it could have the same result. Crazy, isn't it? BUT the good news is that all the tests for serious disorders/diseases that could have caused the tear were negative. She is still not allowed to eat or drink any food, but may be able to within the next few days.

Sorry I'm unable to catch up with all the posts as I had promised. I'm feeling well but am just so darned tired from being so busy. So for all those not individually addressed below: kudos to those of you who are doing well; big hugs to those who are not and who are still sick or coming down with the cyber virus going around.

bhaze, thanks so much for your encouragement on my plateau.

Cassie, where would we all be without all YOUR kind words and encouragement? Your 100-150 calorie deficit is a lot better than a surplus. Martha Stewart would say "that small deficit is a GOOD THING." LOL

Darlene, maybe next week will be better than you expect.

Going to bed early! Goodnight, y'all!

Last edited by Mern; 12-15-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, that's good news I guess hopefully that'll break her toothpick chewing habit.

Since we're giving out prayers... does anyone have one of Cassie's buy one get one coupons? My brother, David, is going it tomorrow to have back surgery (the same kind I may need, but his will be more extensive). Hook him up ladies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.