Notices

Okay ladies, need some shopping advice

Old 12-05-2011, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Okay ladies, need some shopping advice

So....I'm in the market for a new, more supportive sports bra. With it being so close to Christmas, I don't have a lot of money to put toward one, and was wondering if anyone knew where I could find one. I need something that holds the girls in, doesn't allow for a lot of bounce and jiggle, and big enough to hold the girls I've tried the major discount stores like Wal-Mart and Target, but they don't carry my size Why do they think only small girls need sports bras?? I may have to hit up Dick's or Academy on my day off this week, but was just curious if you guys had any suggestions on where to go.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Tori,
I know you don't want to spent too much money, but a good supportive bra is really important, so don't sacrafice support for cost. Furthermore a good bra should last. I have bought cheap ones that stretched out, or didn't launder well and had to be replace long before I expected.

I suggest you try Champion Workout Clothes, Activewear and Sports Apparel for Men, Women & Kids | Champion they are one of the orginal manufacturers of sports bras and are always reasonably priced. The website always has deals and markdowns, so check out the sale tab.

Another great source is Title 9. Look for the "bounce" tab

Good luck in your search
Old 12-05-2011, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

I don't mind spending the money as long as it will last, so I may have to wait until after Christmas to shell it out. The last one that really did the job broke and I haven't been able to find one that measures up to my standards. Being "very gifted" as my last BF called it makes it hard to find one that's a) comfortable b)fits well and c) is supportive. It's just a tad bit frustrating. I'll definitely check the ones you've mentioned.

And trust me, we want as little "bounce" as possible....
Old 12-07-2011, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know about where you live but here where I live Academy doesn't have much at all for women of size. If Wal-Mart doesn't carry your size (I think they go up to 48 DD here) then I don't think Academy would either. You should try to look online at Just My Size or another plus clothes seller. I had to buy there when I was a DDD before I lost weight. Now I'm able to buy bras from Wal-mart.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

All the sports bras at walmart only go up to a 38D, which sucks cause I'm not that far off at a 40DD. I bought one at Academy years ago and it fit pretty well just didn't give the support I needed. I wound up using it for work, and it did well for that purpose. I may have to order online, even though I'm one of those people who normally likes to try things on before I purchase....
Old 12-10-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

How about trying a lingerie shop with a professional fitter? You might be surprised at what they keep on hand for sporty gals and there is no way you will leave with an ill fitting bra. If they don't have it they will steer you in the right direction.

Meggietye
Old 01-10-2018, 07:04 PM
FitDay Member

You can get basic ones from walmart but you won't find anything of quality there. I tend to buy my sport's bras and leggings online from Get Activewear. They have a pretty good selection at some cheap prices.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 01-11-2018 at 02:16 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 02-23-2018, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

I am a 38ii. Walmart doesn't have a size that will fit you. I ordered a bra from amazon. Sports Bra size 4x. They have lots of selections. Wonderful support. I put no wire sports bra 4x in the search engine. I think I paid $30. It is doubt the price at Walmart but the quality and support were worth it.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Check out Walmart online. They have a website and they are eager to have people order online - and have the item delivered to your home or picked up at the store. I have done both.

I saw a sports bra (4x) for around $15 there. I didn't search hard so the first 4x bra I saw was purple. There are probably more to choose from.