Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-09-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, your kitty pictures are absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing.

To everyone who is struggling with goals, I'm passing on what my doctor told me: "You don't have to be perfect--just better than you USED to be." So don't beat yourselves up over your slip-ups and give yourselves credit for each and every one of your accomplishments. Big hugs all around!
Old 12-09-2011, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mern That's Dallas - he's 15 and I love him to pieces. I like to think it's mutual.

In other news, I dropped 3 lbs. in one day! It's a Christmas miracle! Haha.

Last edited by bojibridge; 12-09-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Thanks Mern That's Dallas - he's 15 and I love him to pieces. I like to think it's mutual.

In other news, I dropped 3 lbs. in one day! It's a Christmas miracle! Haha.
Rejoice in the power of Christmas miracles!!! I am wishing for one too!

Also, your kitty cat is the same age as my dog and is cute as a button!
Old 12-09-2011, 02:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I love all the pictures of your kitties and pups! 15 years old is wonderful, may they have many years more!

To all that are struggling to make their goals, I love Mern's doctors' quote: "You don't have to be perfect, just better than you used to be". 'Tis the season for over indulgence, and I think everyone is doing an amazing job of not only keeping up with all the stresses and strains of balancing family, work, in sickness and in health, and the holiday pressure, but at the same time being mindful of how your are eating and exercising. That's a lot to pile on one person's plate (pun intended).

I hope everyone can find a moment now and again to catch your breath and give thanks for all the wonderful things in our lives - despite the occassional rocks in the road.

This week has been pretty good overall. Haven't gotten all of the chores done, but that's what weekends are for.

Diet & Fitness
1.) 80oz water (coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count)
M=Y, T=Y. W=Y. Th=Y
2.) Carbs less than 30%
M= way N (53% home made veggie pizza), T=N (Thai and Chinese), W=N (but only 800cals total for the day)
3.) Protein @ 90g
M=N (55g), T=N (see above), W=N(see above)
4) 1 (or less) glass of beer or wine w/dinner
M=Y (on the right track now), T=Y, W=Y
5.) 2 servings of fruit per day
M=Y, T=Y, W=Y (about a pound of yummy grapes_
6.) No white foods
M=N (same pizza 25& WW crust), T=N (white rice), W=Y
7.) 2 yoga, 2 X-fit, 1 run
M=N rest day, T=Y (crossfit), W=Y (yoga)

Work & Home:
8.) Get work accounts straightened out
M=Y good progress, T=Y (a little more progress)
9.) Finish trimming trees for rat exterminator
M=N(need to get the big ladder out)
10.) Send presents to east coast relatives,
M=weekend task
11.) Chip tree branches (trimmed more trees… more branches)
M=weekend task
12.) Wash patio windows
M=N maybe tomorrow Th=not yet
13.) Start cutting back bougainvillea
M=weekend task
14.) Continue cleaning out the garage rafters.
M=Y, Th=haven't gotten back to this
15.) Offer gratitude every morning. M=N kinda crabby this morning, T=Y, W=Y(got to go into the field), Th=Y for some reason I feel especially grateful for all that has been given to me.

Mike, I love the tree.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
'Tis the season for over indulgence, and I think everyone is doing an amazing job of not only keeping up with all the stresses and strains of balancing family, work, in sickness and in health, and the holiday pressure, but at the same time being mindful of how your are eating and exercising. That's a lot to pile on one person's plate (pun intended).

I hope everyone can find a moment now and again to catch your breath and give thanks for all the wonderful things in our lives - despite the occassional rocks in the road.
Well said, Pam! Congrats on all your successes this week!

I had my Golden Retriever/German Shepherd mix dog for 14 1/2 years and he was very loving, too. We were best pals. The love of and from pets is a real gift.

Joanna, congrats on losing those three pounds! Yeah, Christmas is wonderful but you earned that loss. We all know it takes a lot of work.

Rose, wishing you that Christmas miracle.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

*le sigh* okay, today's a new day! I wonder if my train wreck of a week (health-wise) was due to cockiness on my part: you know how sometimes you watch a sports team who does really well one game, and then they totally fall apart the next game (sometimes even against an easier opponent) b/c they got over-confident? I think I may have fallen victim to the same trap: when I upped my goals so much/so soon b/c they were "a little too easy" (HA!), the Universe sat back and said, "oh yeah? watch this!" ;\ I really need to be more patient w/myself and stop trying to run before I've totally nailed walking LOL

@Pam thx for that reminder. we don't fail when we fall down; we only fail when we stop getting back up. I'm up, I'm up! <G>

@Mern I love your idea of jumping back on the wagon but NOT tracking the rest of the week so you don't have to see all that red—I'm totally going to copy you b/c the LAST thing I need right now is a bunch of de-motivational shortfalls staring me in the face. thx for sharing that idea!

@Rose I'm trying, I swear I am, but dangit, developing new habits is HARD! and I know when I get extra-busy it's all too easy to fall back into old patterns. I really need to stick w/baby steps until I get those new habits firmly established—that way even when I suddenly have more on my metaphorical plate than usual, I don't slip back into lazy/easy habits. thx for the encouragement!

@dar thank you, and I will do exactly that! back on the wagon today, just not tracking the rest of the week and starting completely fresh on Mon.

@main 'tis true! I'll finish out the week w/o beating myself up, and then start over next week.

@Joanna congrats on your Christmas miracle! and a ginger-top who likes Red Dwarf (yes, the Brit sci-fi show) and loves kitties?? gosh, you're a girl after my own heart! LOL

@Mike sorry you're feeling so crummy get well soon!

now, onward and upward! I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not looking at the rest of the week, either backward or forward; I'm only going to worry about today—just focusing on passing the pebbles y'all have a great day, wherever you are w/your goals!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Tanya, I hope things will start looking up for you soon! And good for you for picking yourself up, hard as that is sometimes.

Even though everyone is so supportive and so understanding of slip-ups, I can take a few reds here and there in my daily check-in report, but when I mess up as BADLY as I did, seeing all THAT red is "de-motivational" for me, too. I'm still logging all my food but I have to in order to manage my blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides without medication. I'm just not reporting it to the group in the green and red numbers.

What an uplifting way to end your post: "I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not looking at the rest of the week, either backward or forward; I'm only going to worry about today—just focusing on passing the pebbles y'all have a great day, wherever you are w/your goals!"

You are so wise! Thanks so much for the encouragement and big hug to ya!
Old 12-09-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes (already), Th: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Didn't even have one!, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch M: Yes, even though I stopped for a phone call halfway through I picked up where I left off when I got off the phone 20mins later, T: Raining, W: Raining, Th: Yes,
4. Exercise 3 times W-F W: No, Th: No, F: No FAIL
5. Weight and post weight M: 272.8, T: 272.4, W: 273.6, Th: 274.4, F: 273.8Results this week: +1.0lbs so far

Life Goals ...
1. Create & Order girls' Christmas cards M: DONE!!
2. Fold & putaway laundry I washed this weekend M: No, T: No, W: No, TH: No,
3. Finish cleaning fam room & laundry room M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No,

I failed miserably this week on the exercise. I could use excuses... hubby's sick, TOTM, awful stress, etc etc. The main thing is I'm tired and don't feel like it. Don't think that is a very good excuse.

I am down .6 pounds today so I only have 1 to go to be back to Monday's weight. I think I can handle that.

Sorry to not be participating very much this week. I am really trying to be strong for my family and it is taking a bit of a toll on my energy level. Hopefully soon this will be resolved and we can start moving on though.

I really love seeing all the pics of you guys' pets! They are all so cute! Mine mean a lot to me and I can tell yours do too.

I probably won't be here this weekend. I just have too much going on. I can read on my phone but not post and I doubt I will find time to get on the computer. Hopefully next week brings me back with a more positive attitude.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Just got back from the doctor, I have bronchitis.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! I passed my gestational diabetes test, hooray! On the negative side, I've been eating way too much holiday junk food at work since my coworkers have been bringing in treats every day. I feel like my arms and butt are getting so big ! I've gained about 16-20 pounds depending on the time of day and I'm 29 weeks along. Oh well, only a little more time of holiday junk food!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.