Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Haha Darlene...I googled the nutrition of peanut butter blossoms (the ones with hershey kisses) and it says 100 cals per cookie. I can handle that!!! ... Just wonder how accurate that estimate is.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

well it looks like mh is gone again, so here goes...

Good afternoon my lovelies!!!! I woke up feeling like crap but guess what?!?!?! I woke up, so that means that I'm still alive!!! Wooowhooo. I called my workout partner and told him that I've been sick and wasn't sure if I was going to the gym, but if I did, I was going to start going early b/c I just couldn't do 9:00. He seemed to be cool with it. I'm going to work a short week this week b/c of being sick, so I'm back home. Guess what else?!?!?! I still feel like crap. Can you guess how crap feels???? Yep, you guessed it... soft and squishy!!!!!!!! That tells me one thing, I need to suck it up, get changed and head to the gym, because nobody like being soft and squishy, right?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
How's that expression go? "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." And I want props for calling him a sow's ear instead of a horse's a$$. LOL
ROFLOL!!! Thanks Mern, I needed that. You're correct you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but you can actually make a purse out of one, it's just not silk. Now about making a purse out of a horse's a$$, that might be a genius way of saving money. I mean seriously how often would you want to shove your hand into that purse to grab the wallet? Not that often I'll bet.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

I had a great workout. I went grocery shopping and picked up some chicken, not I'm boiling it and I'm going to make a huge pot of chicken noodle soup. It may hurt my carb goal but still no bread for me .
Old 12-06-2011, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
It’s really quite in here this week where is everyone?
It's Tuesday and there are 6 pages and you think it's quiet? Geez, the only reason I haven't posted so far today is that every time I log on, I have another 2 pages to read and by the time I finish I'm out of time.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

Well hello my lovelies. Between the kids, all their holiday parties, all the junk I volunteered to do and the "Santa" crap I have to take care of because Santa is a complete bah-humbug, I hardly have time to sit and pee between now and Christmas. Unfortunately for me, we have another round of insanity hitting New Year's weekend as well, so I may be touch and go for the next few weeks. Hopefully I can climb on the wagon and stay there for the majority, although history is not in my favor, recent history included . I've been a bad bad girl, totally on the naughty list.

This week I'm baking like a crazed elf, between now and December 20th I need to make about 100 gingerbread houses. Thankfully I don't care for structural gingerbread, I can bake it everyday and never eat a bite. Unfortunately I have a new pan this year that bakes 6 of the cutest little "cakelets" gingerbread houses you've ever seen, which are made with a soft gingerbread recipe. O M G ! it's so good! I'm sure they have this stuff in heaven, but in case I don't get in I've asked my kids to please bury me with a big piece in each hand.

Anyway I'm going to try and check in minimally the best I can so here are some goals:

1. Calories 1,600 or less.
2. Workout 7 hours.
3. Drink 100oz of water.
4. Calorie deficit 3,500 for the week.
5. Protein at 25% or more.
6. Carbs at 45% or less.

Other stuff:

1. Write Christmas letter.
2. Schedule the last of the gingerbread events.
3. Cleaning (average) 1 hour day + 1 load of laundry.
4. Finish baking and assembling gingerbread houses.
5. Finish Christmas shopping.
6. Do not kill anyone.
7. Order patches!

Mike I hope you're feeling better. What always helps me when I have a sore throat is to gargle with either Lysterine and/or salt water. The salt water I make with 1/2 cup warm water and about a tablespoon of sea salt. Do Not Swallow any of it!!! Just gargle until you can't stand it anymore and spit, repeat until the salt water is gone. I usually alternate between the salt water and Lysterine every few hours. And good for you on working out while sick and on getting a pot of chicken soup cooking. Yum, that sounds really good right now.

Darlene, good luck on all the baking, hopefully you can channel Mike's cold symptoms and won't have the smell driving you to eat. Good luck with the tank removal. Isn't it lovely living in a construction project? Our house was in the midst of a project for 7 very long years, I feel your pain.

Mern, I have to second the "you don't look old enough to be 64". Good grief woman, you look younger than some of my friends and most of them are in their early 40's. I have not been very good lately, so I'm extraordinarily impressed with your KFC avoidance plan. That's really awesome and inspiring right now, because I'm sitting at the cusp of the downward spiral to the land of zero self control. Send me some skinny juju will you?

April, a big cyber hug honey. Stress sucks, we're all here for you anytime you need to let off steam. Have you explored the healing power of primal screaming? It can help, I speak from experience.

Well that's about it for me. Hubs is in D.C. tonight so I'm a single mother, and somehow or another they don't realize that I spent the ENTIRE DAY in full submersion motherhood, so they are making lots of noise expecting more attention. No lie I went from one kid event after another today, and the rest of the week looks WORSE! And somehow my avatar got effed up. Ugh.

Last edited by almeeker; 12-06-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm still alive!

Hey Everyone! I'm still here. Sorry I have been MIA. I had an insanely busy weekend and then woke up sick yesterday morning. I'm achey, my throat hurts, my nose is extremely runny and now red and sore from so much blowing. I am exhausted too but I am happy to report that I have been amazingly good when it comes to my nutrition. I've not gone over 1400 calories and I'm on day 18 of NO added sugar and NO white flour!!! Woohoo! I've totally lost all of the 3.8 pounds I had gained in New York.

Mern, thanks for starting us off! It was so nice to log on this morning and see your adorable face in your avatar.

Mike, I think we caught the same cold but I don't know how you made it to the gym today. I took Chico out for a walk and then had to take a nap. I'm so freaking tired!

Everyone, sorry I can't respond to you all individually right now but I promise I am going to get caught up. From what I can tell, it seems like you all are doing great so far this week!

My goals:

1. No more than 1400 calories per day. 1369/ 1191
2. Minimum 25% protein. 34%/ 34%
3. Don't eat white sugar in any form. Y/ Y
4. Don't eat white flour in any form. Y/ Y
5. Take all my vitamins. Y/ Y
6. Minimum 2 litres of water per day. Y/ Y
7. Exercise 3X (because I'm sick.)

Other goals:

1. Put up Christmas tree.
2. Get stuff for party.
3. Vacuum and mop floors.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes. I do feel like I'm starting to feel better. My GF just came home with a tin of Danish cookies. I've been doing so well but I'm starting to crave the cookies.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, you are missed. Big hug to ya!

I was so yacky today because I had more free time than usual. I do know how hard it is to keep up when we're busy, though, and very often I just can't.

Mike, yeah, I copied the animated Ban Hammer on Google Chrome and tried to upload it as my avatar just to see and it said the file was too big. No big deal--I was just curious. The chicken noodle soup is a great idea. I've read that doctors say making it spicy helps--I think the spiciness is supposed to help with the congestion. Even if not spicy, it's great comfort food and the temperature warmth and the water in the broth will help with the congestion. Oh, golly, you're a big boy and you cook--I'm sure you already knew that.

Darlene, I'm just lucky that we are going to a restaurant where the menu is online so I can plan ahead exactly what I will be eating at the Christmas dinner--ours is on Sunday. My scale hasn't budged, so as long as I'm not UP on the scale on Monday, I'll be happy. Thanks for the sow's ear props. LOL OMG, I laughed aloud over your joke about babysitting grandchildren and filling them up with sugar and hot chocolate. Just entertaining the thought of payback is fun--even if we'd never follow through. But as a grandma, I can tell ya I've giggled several times when my daughter complains about her teenagers having done something that drove her nuts and I reminded her she did exactly the same thing when SHE was a teenager--and sometimes even WORSE than her kids. I hope you got your cookie baking done and are comfortably ready for your parents' visit. Blessings right back at ya.

April--very attractive avatar! I pictured you very close to that in my mind. I'd love to see everyone's faces.

Mike, I'm surprised you are going to the gym, knowing how bad you feel. Glad your workout partner was cool with your not going late with him. Hope you get decrapified soon.

Amy, you gave me a great chuckle, too. You really can make a purse out of a sow's ear, huh? LOL On the purse from the horse's a$$--actually that's where DH keeps HIS wallet so that I can't get to it. Fine with me--I'll use the ATM and the checkbook--more money in those two places anyway. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 12-06-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, if I were as miserably sick as you, I'd eat the cookies.

Amy, I'll bet not one of us is surprised you volunteered for a bunch of things in addition to your own personal boatload of things to do for Christmas. What are the (holy cow!) one hundred gingerbread houses for? I don't like the crisp structural gingerbread, either, but really love soft gingerbread. Great to keep your goal list short to enable you to more quickly check in here so you can stay motivated in the midst of all your chores. Aw, thanks for your seconding that I don't look my age. Like I said, though, the camera was really nice to me due to the angle and lighting. Avoiding the KFC was easy because I knew a whole day ahead of time that was the party menu, so as the hostess and it being just our immediate family, I had plenty of time to plan a really yummy dinner for myself that I enjoyed just as much if not more than KFC. My scale isn't budging, so I'll send you all the skinny juju I have because it's doing me no good except to prevent me from gaining. Aw, sorry 'bout your avatar getting messed up. Hope you get some ME time in between all the kid events.

Rose, truly sorry you are feeling so miserable! Congrats on your recent nutrition. OMG day 18 of no added sugar or white flour! Your report is worthy of major praise! Oh, geez, major kudos on losing the 3.8 lb. NY gain, too! Aw, thanks for your kind words about my avatar. How 'bout putting YOURS up? I hope you get some good rest!

OK, I'm going to go watch some TV. Will catch you all tomorrow.

Last edited by Mern; 12-06-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.