Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-06-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

g'morning, y'all! super-quick check-in here, I've an appt in 5 mins.

goals for today:

1) drink alkaline water except w/meals and supplements
Mon goal 1.5L; actual 1.25L (I drank another 250ml after my report last night, but I still fell short of my goal, dang water-stealing hub ;\ lol) / Tues goal 1.5L; actual not started yet

2) eat at least one meal per day that's 60-80% raw "green" veggies
Mon YES x2!! / Tues not yet

I'll have to respond to posts later, sorry. have a great day!!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Back on the wagon?

Hoping to find some motivation on this forum... My long term goal is to lose 20 lbs and maintain. Short term is to eat more veg and fruits and less processed foods, keep calories around 1600/day with 120 calories in output/day, and get one of my Xmas presents completed today.

Best of luck to you all!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch M: Yes, even though I stopped for a phone call halfway through I picked up where I left off when I got off the phone 20mins later,
4. Exercise 3 times W-F
5. Weight and post weight M: 272.8, T: 272.4, Results this week: -.4lbs so far

Life Goals ...
1. Create & Order girls' Christmas cards M: DONE!!
2. Fold & putaway laundry I washed this weekend M: No,
3. Finish cleaning fam room & laundry room M: No,

I am coming to terms with the fact that the stress I am under right now is not something that I can change or will immediately go away so I am dealing with it the best that I can. Only cried 2-3 times yesterday so much better than the weekend and so far today my eyes are dry.

Cyndees ... Congrats on being down a pound! Never feel that it is 'just a pound'! If you do that every week it is 52 lbs!

Darlene ... I am glad to hear that Mocha still knows what is important in life. An old friend of mine had a Chocolate Lab named Mocha. Don't remember if you said yours was black or chocolate. But that is a funny similarity. ... I haven't done so good on not eating the PB cookies now that they are made, just while I was making them LOL. I have eaten 2 per day since then. That isn't too bad though. ... Hope they come tomorrow and do your oil tank like they say they will.

Neonfruitfly ... Welcome!!!

Tori .. I share your paperwork goal. I didn't put mine in writing this week but I have to do my paperwork daily or it leaves me stressed.

Mern ... TY on the stress. It will sort itself out eventually and maybe not even before it gets worse. ... I love my lunch walks. It is me time usually that is only interrupted by texting my hubby. ... Great avatar pic!! and I would have been derailed by the pure smell of KFC in my kitchen so kudos for last night.

Joanna ... Yes, my burn is more accurate logging sleep as well.

My hubby has been feeling under the weather. Nose draining, sore throat, no appetite...so I sent him to the dr today and he tested positive for strep...AGAIN. He gets it at least once a year. My older son told me this morning that his throat feels sore too so that is probably the next dr appt I'll be making. They gave him antibiotics so he should be starting to feel better in the next 2 days. He said he may take off work tomorrow to rest though and that is very unlike him. Add the sick to the stress and I guess that is what happens though.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

My goals are going to be for 6 days b/c I was sick yesterday. On a good note I did finish the day 803 calories deficient. I didn't drink hardly any water b/c my throat was hurting too much.

This Week:
Health & Fitness
1) Lose 1 pound (starting at 177.6)
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies
3) Gallon of water
4) 2500 calories deficient
5) 1 cheat meal
6) Gym x 3
7) No Bread
8) Net Carbs less than 75g/day
9) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed)
10) Daily:
a) Fish Oil
b) Vitamin
c) Glucosamine
d) Fluoride rise

Non Health & Fitness
11) Make the break with my workout partner
Old 12-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

WTH has gotten into me? This being sick crap sucks. I was going to upload an avatar of some hot chick holding a sledgehammer but instead I uploaded 2 regular hammers cuddling. Then someone posted asking about if they went on a 6 brownie a day diet, I was about to paint the picture like I did for Cassie that landed her under a bridge but couldn't bring myself to it. I think the meds are getting to me.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Something wonderful: except for needing to straighten the kitchen, I'm all caught up on my chores, am caught up with the posts here, on track with my goals and have half an hour of ME time before I have to go pick up the high school grandkids. AND we have KFC (which I did not eat) leftovers from last night so DH volunteered to finish them up. I will just make myself some tuna salad and low carb steamed veggies.

Tanya, great job checking in on the fly like that. That's a great way to stay tuned in to your goals.

Babby, welcome to our group. Hope you do find motivation here. Setting those goals is a great start. I'm working on less processed foods myself and I my calorie limit is always 1600 or less. Hope you can find time to check in at least once a day.

April, big hug to ya! Good for you for putting good effort into dealing with your stress, even if it will not immediately go away. So glad you can count your lunch walks as ME time. Thanks for the kudos on my non-KFC dinner last night. I hope your DH and son get well soon.

Mike, maybe I missed your answer--how are you feeling today? I love your avatar. Hammering out the spam, I take it. But it also reminds me of the old detective Mike Hammer. (Oops, my age my be showing in that sentence. LOL ) I was going to ask if you could put your ban hammer as your avatar, but I see it's larger than the allowed 80x80 pixels.

Last edited by Mern; 12-06-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
WTH has gotten into me? This being sick crap sucks. I was going to upload an avatar of some hot chick holding a sledgehammer but instead I uploaded 2 regular hammers cuddling. Then someone posted asking about if they went on a 6 brownie a day diet, I was about to paint the picture like I did for Cassie that landed her under a bridge but couldn't bring myself to it. I think the meds are getting to me.
Aw, Mike, so sorry you're still feeling bad. Silly me--I ENJOYED the cuddling hammers--I didn't take it as cuddling, though. LOL Six brownie a day diet! Surely she was kidding! Hope you feel better both physically and emotionally tomorrow. Big hug to ya!
Old 12-06-2011, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

I'm showing the max size of 150x100 or 19kb which ever is smaller.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna I am not sure if you are using the calories allowed weight page numbers or your actual exercise minus food eaten to get your deficit but this is how mine looks maybe I am confused on the deficit thing? When I look at the weight loss page it says I can eat 1092 calories but my understanding is that is my lifestyle calories minus my recommended deficit of 652 calories not including any other activities. I log any activities such as shopping, major housework,walking,actual exercise and sleep things that I wouldn't do everyday, things like dishes, laundry, cooking and work (volunteer for me real for you) I assume are my lifestyle calories burned.
I also choose an lifestyle level under the one I really think I am because I think I can easily be off in my calorie tracking I don't track flax oil, omega's, gum and those things probably add up so I hope that saying I do less will fix my calorie logging differences. This may nor help you at all but I am also open to everyone's thoughts if I could be doing something different to improve my own results please share.

Activities
hiking, cross country 01:15 398
multiple household tasks all at once 00:30 93
food shopping with or without a grocery cart,standing 00:45 92
calisthenics, light or moderate effort 00:20 62
sleeping 08:01 383
Lifestyle (Mostly Seated / Some Movement) 13:09 1139
total 2166
Food calories = 1275
Deficit -891
I am using fitday beta so the math is done for me on my on my dashboard.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Mern We will both be Christmas partying on Saturday.The difference will be you are all planned and organized and your scale will remain happy and I am thinking yeah wine, cheese and maybe dessert and my scale will be saying what were you thinking.” And I want props for calling him a sow's ear instead of a horse's a$$. LOL” Oh my you make me laugh I will give you props.

Joanna You can do it plateaus are no fun at all but they do go away and your weight will start to fall off again.

Baby218 Welcome.

April One day our children will have children and one night we will be asked to babysit. On that night we will fill them up with sugar and hot chocolate and let them run around and get all hyper 30 min before our children come and pick them up to put them to bed and we will smile and say I love you, goodnight. We will then crawl into our quite beds and say “ha that’s for all the sleepless night you caused me” this may seem to some an odd thought especially those without teens but trust me it has given me a sense of peace and a realization that this too will pass, one day they will realize the stress of parenting until then all we can do is love them. Mocha is a beautiful English chocolate lab who lives to eat and make you happy he actually is eating kibble again today and his tail is going so things are defiantly looking up. I always justify pb cookies as protein and healthy fat, ok I am in denial about the butter, sugar and white flour but they are so good. I hope your family gets well soon.

Mike I am sorry you are sick but at least you haven’t lost your ability to make us laugh. I think your cuddling hammers are very manly lol. I read your response to the brownie lady it was very tactful but you never know she may be clueless there are allot of people who have no idea how bad the crap they eat is.

It’s really quite in here this week where is everyone? I hope you are all doing well even if you are not posting. I need to get my day started I have 6 types of cookies to bake off today and not eat, my daughter already made my dough’s when she did hers so know I just need to bake, bake, bake. My parents are coming tomorrow after the oil guy so I need to dust and vacuum my mom has a hard time with the cat hair so I should at least have an active afternoon. Hope you all have a great day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.