Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 12/5

Old 12-05-2011, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Not bad, but could be better...

Down a pound from last week - so it's 157 now... YAY!

I'm not having a problem doing the workout each day, but the jogging... eew. I hate to run. Trouble is, I have to take my ability to run up a few notches. Like go 3 miles in 27 or less minutes. Even when I was doing the training for my black-belt test I couldn't get in 3 miles in under 27 minutes. The jog/walk thing with my dog is great, except for the stops to pee and sniff (him, not me). However, he can only go about a mile before his back legs start hurting him (he has joint issues).

So, any ideas on getting moving faster? Is a treadmill better because you can pace yourself?

On to goals:
Weight & Health - 157 lbs (end goal 148 by Dec 31)
1. 1200-1400 cal per day
2. Jog/walk 21 miles for the week
3. 20 pushups, 75 crunchies, 60 sec plank, 3 sets weights daily
4. 64 oz water minimum daily
5. Don't eat after 9 pm - just water and tea.

Other than Weight & Health:
1. Request 6 mo. extension on Masters thesis - still didn't do this
2. Work on thesis - limited time for this since visiting Dad's for a few days
3. Financial - start budget (spoke to hubby bout this... that's a start!)
4. enjoy the trip to Dad's but don't overdo the food stuff

Have a great week!
Cyndee
Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Cyndee, congrats on the loss!

Has Cassie posted, what about MH, rose, Ann, Amy, Mern and the others? I've been in bed pretty much all day. I swear that I'll post up some goals by tomorrow.

I'm sure y'all may have noticed... Avatars are working again.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Mern Thanks for your kind words. Enjoy the party, your muffins sound tasty.

Joanna I share your determination! I need a strong mon-fri as we it's my hubby's Christmas party this weekend and I want the scale to move before Saturday.

Mike Congrats on the -7lbs that’s awesome. Sorry you are sick get well soon. I am happy your daughter got a job I hope for your sake she doesn’t get a discount.

Quinn We have two maine coon cats and we love them they are very family focused cats and are full of personality. Grooming our cats is very important we have to take the time every day or two to brush out their coats their fur is thick and long so they mat easily especially because ours are outdoors allot. One of our cats loves to be groomed he’s very vain and will actually go rub himself on his brush if he has leaves or dirt in his fur it’s very entertaining to watch.

Tori Have a great day at work.

Tanya I think any time you sit in a hot bath with salts or oils you are doing your body and mind a favor in our busy world we truly don't have much down time and what a better way to relax than a hot steamy tub. Awesome job on the inches lost, loose clothes are a great feeling.

April Good job on the weight loss! Sorry you are having stress again. I would never of been able to not eat the pb cookies I love them. Thanks for your kind words mocha is much better today he has defiantly lost some sight and hearing but he had no problem hearing the can opener or finding his food this morning and in his doggie world food’s important.

Pam I think you need to ask for a hunting background before you get a new kittie you need a working mouser to show your other cats how to earn their keep.

Neonfruitfly Welcome! Nice goals for your first week.

Cyndees Congrats on the 1lb loss.

I was so frustrated this morning. The oil tank guys were supposed to be here at noon so hubby had already took out the wall and I had emptied the space under the stairs on the weekend. I woke up this morning kicked my son out of bed we ripped apart his room unhooked all his computer, stereos etc. Then five minutes before they to arrive I get a call someone called in sick and they need to reschedule until Wednesday as no one else can help, so know I have to put all this crap back so both kids can have their rooms to sleep in but the whole basement is going to be upside down until wed. Ok Mern here’s my complaint to blessing= I was mad, so I called my hiking partner and put my shoes on and went for a hike around the lake at the end of our walk she said we should walk when I am mad more often we took 10min off our usual time. I had cancelled our usual hike because of the oil job so at least I got a good hike in and enjoyed the company of a friend and I am not as mad now.
Have a great Monday everyone.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Tori Have a great day at work.
Work went well, thanks! No one majorly irritated me today, always a plus

figured I'd go ahead and post my goals for the week before tonight's Zumba, may not feel like much of anything after.

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1300 calories a day....it worked last week, why not push it for another

2--1 Dt Dew a day.....last week was a good week Dew wise, hoping this one is great

3--log everything! really not that hard, I tend to log what I plan on eating for the day either the night before, or at least right after breakfast

4--at least 64 oz of water a day.....I'm almost at that now, so it shouldn't be super hard

5--exercise 5 times....was almost there last week, but got lazy those last 2 days

6--carbs no more than 40% daily.....a new goal for me, gonna see how it goes

7--lose at least 2 lbs

Life/Home
1--clean out car. long over due

2--clean cat's bathroom

3--finish all laundry

4--actually start my "real" Christmas shopping....having only purchased 2 gifts this late in the season isn't acceptable

5--run by PetSmart and only buy cat food and litter....she doesn't need any more toys!!

6--take Spring/Summer clothes out of the closet and replace with Winter, living out of Rubbermaid totes isn't what an adult should do....stupid moving from one house to another, still has me in a tizzy

7--actually do all job related paperwork on time, no more holding over til the next Monday, all it does is get me further behind

I think that should do it. If I don't check back in tonight, everyone have a great one!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

April, so sorry you're under stress. Congrats on the cookie avoidance. Way to go! Also, congrats on that 1.6 loss and (OMG) on that stellar total loss. Talk about determination! How 'bout that walking on lunch break! Wishing you relief from your stress --hope you at least have a good night's sleep. Big hug to ya!

Pam, glad to see you in again this week. Thanks for your encouragement. I did great at the party--did have my no preservative, low sodium turkey, mashed cauliflower, and sweet and sour cucumbers and low carb flaxmeal muffin while everyone else feasted on KFC, several carby sides, cake, and ice cream.

neonfruitfly, welcome! Nice goals!

Mike, I like your avatar. What a difference! I hope the hot tub did you some good for your ailing bod. So do you feel less congested? Oh no! Sonic Blasts! Be afraid--be very, very afraid! I opened the thread today but got really busy with my daughter's party, so hadn't been online since then. I missed Cassie's post--will have to go back and find it. I love avatars--glad they're back.

Tanya! Congrats on all those inches lost and the looser fitting jeans! Way to go!

Cyndee, way to go on another pound lost! Sorry, I can't advise you on your exercise, but many others here can. Wow, impressive goals this week!

Darlene, your avatar is one of my favorite snowmen. I always decorate my computer desktop for holidays and change it daily for my grandkids but I had that snowman a few times last Christmas. Something about it is just really uplifting--I think it's that he has such a friendly, kindly smile. I did enjoy the party and didn't even miss the cake because my chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffins are delicious, especially when rewarmed in the microwave. Aw, sorry for your oil tank work cancellation and extra work but I loved your complaint to blessing.

Tori, logging food before you eat it is a really great idea--wonderful for being sure you will meet your goals. I love how you listed your health and fitness goals and then elaborated a little--kind of creates a good mind-set.

Last edited by Mern; 12-05-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern. I love your avatar as well, it nice to put a face to the name. I'll probably make a new one soon, that's an old one.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Meh I don't like that one either. I think tomorrow I'll do one that's not me.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, logging food before you eat it is a really great idea--wonderful for being sure you will meet your goals. I love how you listed your health and fitness goals and then elaborated a little--kind of creates a good mind-set.

It does make it a whole heck of a lot easier to log first! And if I don't elaborate I won't do it!!

So recapping Monday....
Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1300 calories a day....it worked last week, why not push it for another M-1149

2--1 Dt Dew a day.....last week was a good week Dew wise, hoping this one is great M-I was soooo close

3--log everything! really not that hard, I tend to log what I plan on eating for the day either the night before, or at least right after breakfast M-YES

4--at least 64 oz of water a day.....I'm almost at that now, so it shouldn't be super hard M-53.8 oz and counting, so I'm claiming this one

5--exercise 5 times....was almost there last week, but got lazy those last 2 day M-YES dang Zumba

6--carbs no more than 40% daily.....a new goal for me, gonna see how it goes
M-SUCCESS 39% I barely made it! but I did it (doing my happy dance, kinda looks like me trying to do the Zumba moves, quite hilarious)

7--lose at least 2 lbs M-didn't weigh

Life/Home
1--clean out car. long over due---started it then it started raining, so it's half done

2--clean cat's bathroom---nope

3--finish all laundry---nope, but Wednesday when I'm off it's gonna be a laundry-palooza

4--actually start my "real" Christmas shopping....having only purchased 2 gifts this late in the season isn't acceptable---sometime between Wednesday and Friday???

5--run by PetSmart and only buy cat food and litter....she doesn't need any more toys!!---tomorrow on the way home from work

6--take Spring/Summer clothes out of the closet and replace with Winter, living out of Rubbermaid totes isn't what an adult should do....stupid moving from one house to another, still has me in a tizzy---Wednesday after I finish the laundry

7--actually do all job related paperwork on time, no more holding over til the next Monday, all it does is get me further behind---so far I still have last weeks paperwork and Sunday/Monday's to do....sigh

Off to watch some tv before bedtime, NIGHT ALL!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 12-05-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Here's my check-in for today:

1.) Around 1400 calories/day: 1493
2.) Get enough water: Yes
3.) Exercise 3 times:

I've decided to start logging my sleep - I think that's going to give me a more realistic sense of my calorie burn in a day. Now, instead of burning ~2200 calories/day, I'm more around 1850, which I think is more legit based on my weight loss rate.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Here's my check-in for today:

1.) Around 1400 calories/day: 1493
2.) Get enough water: Yes
3.) Exercise 3 times:

I've decided to start logging my sleep - I think that's going to give me a more realistic sense of my calorie burn in a day. Now, instead of burning ~2200 calories/day, I'm more around 1850, which I think is more legit based on my weight loss rate.
I also think its more accurate. It just makes it harder when you have a deficient goal instead of an intake goal. For a deficient goal you have to shoot for a much lower number.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.