Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 12-04-2011, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I read your entire rant. Actually, I think it's good it was long so we can see exactly where you're coming from.

From what you said, it does sound to me like this guy wants to exercise but hasn't got the willpower to do it on his own so he uses you as a crutch, but his heart really isn't in it. I think you've been really generous making allowances and waiting around for him in the past, but it really is time to push him out of the nest and let him fly on his own.

It can be done in a cordial, but matter of fact way:

My advice is to tell him outright that you've come to understand that the best time for you to exercise "is not compatible" with his time to exercise, so from now on you will be going to the gym when it's convenient for you.

Optional: maybe text him a couple times a week and just say: "on way to gym. Join me if you want." And don't wait for a reply--just go.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Pam, thanks for the advice. There's no way I'd be mean about it, I just need to tell him and hope that he doesn't get pissed. I'd think he'd understand.

Mern, Thanks for the Kudos! You are killing your goals today. You should be proud, you not only got back on the wagon but you're driving as well. I wasn't too clean today b/c I had a blast and I just had some fried trout. I'm way under on my calories but I'm sure my sodium is through the room. If I weigh in tomorrow at 4-5 down I'll be ecstatic. Gotta go, the Saints are about to play. I'll check back in a bit.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I read your entire rant. Actually, I think it's good it was long so we can see exactly where you're coming from.

From what you said, it does sound to me like this guy wants to exercise but hasn't got the willpower to do it on his own so he uses you as a crutch, but his heart really isn't in it. I think you've been really generous making allowances and waiting around for him in the past, but it really is time to push him out of the nest and let him fly on his own.

It can be done in a cordial, but matter of fact way:

My advice is to tell him outright that you've come to understand that the best time for you to exercise "is not compatible" with his time to exercise, so from now on you will be going to the gym when it's convenient for you.

Optional: maybe text him a couple times a week and just say: "on way to gym. Join me if you want." And don't wait for a reply--just go.
Good advice Mern. I was probably just going to tell him tomorrow that I'm going to start going to the gym right after work, just so I can get it over with and relax at night instead of getting home so late. I like the idea about texting him to see if he'll join me.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Good advice Mern. I was probably just going to tell him tomorrow that I'm going to start going to the gym right after work, just so I can get it over with and relax at night instead of getting home so late. I like the idea about texting him to see if he'll join me.
There ya go--you already had a great plan--honest, cordial, and should solve your problem.

Signing off--will catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, congrats for eating from the salad bar at the pizza and pasta buffet and for avoiding your craving for french fries and a frosty! I know how hard that is when you are both hungry AND have a strong craving. Kudos to you!
OMG I still want a frosty! LOL! But I have yet to cave, maybe another day.....

Originally Posted by dar n
Tori Enjoy your kids Christmas display.
They technically aren't "my" kids, they're my brother's but I claim them as mine. They all did really well, there were a few glitches during wardrobe changes, and one boy got the giggles because he had to wear a false mustache, but all in all, it was one of the best programs they've done.

Checking in for the week before my show comes on, I've pretty much met all my goals, so I'm going to call the week a success.

1--eat no more than 1300 calories a day: M-no, 1327 T-no, 1389 W-YES, 1218 Th-YES, 864 F-no, 1350 S-YES, 1091 Su-YES, 1142
Which gives me a weekly average of 1197ish calories a day, so YAY!!! I'm super pleased with that.

2--drink NO MORE THAN ONE DIET MOUNTAIN DEW A DAY, no exceptions: M-no T-YES W-YES Th-no F-YES S-YES Su-YES

3--exercise at least 5 days: M-YES T-no W-YES Th-YES F-YES S-no Su-no, still not feeling great
Didn't make my 5 but 4 out of 7 days I'll take!

4--cut back on the carbs: M-YES T-YES W-YES Th-YES F-YES S-YES Su-YES
I KILLED this one!!

5--log absolutely everything: M-YES T-YES W-YES Th-YESF-YES S-YES Su-YES
Not that I wanted to log that stupid Italian dressing that pushed me over the edge, but I did it

6--DO NOT DRINK A 2nd DIET MOUNTAIN DEW (I have a bit of a problem): M-no T-YES W-YES Th-no F-YES S-YES Su-YES

GOAL MET! 7--lose at least 2lbs: M-up 2 lbs????? gotta be retaining water from the excess sodium from the Dt Dew T-at my weight prior to Monday, back on track W-holding steady for the time being...I'll take it as long as it doesn't go up Th-239.5, down half a pound so far.... F-didn't weigh S-didn't weigh Su-238!!! And seeing as how I started the week off up 2, I technically doubled this one with 4 lbs lost! WooWoo

Looking for another stellar week starting Monday.....

G'night All!
Old 12-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats Tori on being 4 pounds down!
Old 12-04-2011, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Sunday report.

Well, not a terrible week, but not a great one.

1. Calorie average of 1300, 1285
2. Drink 3 liters of water. Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No
3. Exercise 5 times. Yes, No, No, Yes, No, Yes, No
4. Daily squats. Yes , No, No, No, No, Yes, No
5. Go to sleep before midnight. Will make it, got 7 minutes to turn this off , No, No, No, Close enough, Yes?
, Yes
Old 12-04-2011, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Final report:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1360/1674/2473/1962/1638/2161/1293
2.) Exercise 3 times: 3
3.) Drink water!: not great/not great/alright/decent/poor/okay/okay
4.) Get my PA license: Done
5.) Get PA car registration underway
--a.) Go to DMV: Done
--b.) Get inspected: Done
6.) Get oil changed/tires and battery looked at: Done
7.) Figure out my stupid phone: Done
8.) Go to hair place to ask about stuff: Done
9.) Do Astro 502 HW by Wed.: Done
Old 12-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Sunday Report

Health & Fitness

DONE 1) Lose 2 pounds yes
(?) 2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes, yes (averaged 4+)
DONE 3) Gallon of water yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE 4) 3000 calories deficient -982, -1425, -1102, -978, -290, -936, -751 (-6364 so far)
Fail 5) Walk 13 miles 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
DONE 6) 1 cheat meal clean, clean, clean, clean, clean, clean, 1 cheat
DONE 7) Gym x 3 0, 1, 0, 1 (home gym), 1, 0, 1
DONE 8) No Bread 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
(?) 9) Net Carbs less than 65g/day 31.2g, 64.5g, 48.1g, 32.7g, 63.7g, 32.2g, 149.4g (60.3g avg)
Fail 10) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed. Update in the morning) didn't get up, didn't get up, didn't get up, got up to eat, didn't get up, didn't get up, didn't get up
11) Daily:
DONE a) Fish Oil yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE b) Vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE c) Glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE d) Fluoride rise yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
Fail 12) Write 3 policies 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0

I'm feeling a cold coming on, I'm going to have to take that into consideration when making the goals for next week.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM
FitDay Member

It's been a crazy day but food is back on track
Our dog ate canned food today and is drinking lots of water. The stroke seems to have effected the left side of his body so he is still weak. He made it out to the yard three times today unassisted, he really does move like a 90 year old man we have been letting him out in the front yard as its only five steps instead of 15 to the back and my hubby was thrilled as he was carrying him out and back yesterday and hes a good 85lbs. Hopefully we are out of the danger zone and he will keep improving but we are watching him closely, I don't want him to be suffering we want him to have quality in his very senior years. Thank you all for your kind words
Hope you have all had a great weekend, I will try to catch up on posts tonight.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.8, T=0, W= 4k, T=7.4K, F=4.5k, S=0, S=2.6k = 25.3
Gym 2 days: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 fail
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=0, W=Walk, T=Hike, F=Walk, S=0, S=Walk =Yes
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=N, S=N, S=Y = Yes
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=N, S=N, S=Y = Yes
Calories less than 1400: M=1369, T=1399, W= 1247, T=1320, F=1903, S=1585, S=1152 Fun food= Fail
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -836, T=-550, W= -805, T=-993, F= -178, S= -515, S=-981 =(-4858) so close
Christmas prep everyday: M= Gift bought for friend and secret santa gift, Christmas cards finished. T= Hampers made and ready to deliver. W= Found a screwdriver set for son to move out with instead of taking hubbys., T= Christmas cards mailed that needed to be., F=0, S=0, S=0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.