Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 12-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, the sleeping didn't mess me up. In fact I went to the office today to make some call... a last ditch effort to get that 3rd policy. Got a few people on the phone that are interested, 1 scheduled for next Saturday at my New Orleans office. The others wanted me to call back next week b/c the LSU game was just starting. With that being said, no more calling for me. People here take their LSU football seriously and me calling ones the game starts could potentially piss someone off. I never call on Sunday, that's just a bad idea, so I'm done with only 2 policies. Oh well, I gave it my best.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

I don't see me making my walking goal this week, just not in the mood to walk. So far diet has been good, I didn't get up to eat last night, very clean today, low on carbs & calories and not craving junk. If I can pull it off (without setting myself up for a backfire) I may be able to make a full week without a cheat. I can't remember when was the last time that I've done than. Keeping my fingers crossed but not counting my chickens before they hatch.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

hi y'all! I didn't check in last night b/c I forgot we had a special family event today and we were busy getting ready for that. so here's my check-in for the end of the week, including my late rpt from yesterday:

1) drink alkaline water except w/meals and supplements
Tues goal 2L; actual 1.5L / Wed goal 2L; actual 500ml / Thurs goal 2L (carry-over); actual 1.25L / Fri goal 1.5L; actual 1.5L W00T! / Sat goal 1.5L; actual 1L

2) eat at least one meal this week that's 60-80% raw "green" veggies
Tues no / Wed no / Thurs YES x2!! / Fri no / Sat no

so not a great week, but not completely craptastic, either LOL next week is a clean slate! I'm gonna go veg w/hub for a bit, then I'm knocking off early tonight since I was up at o'dark-thirty this AM ;\ g'night!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

[quote=01gt4.6;64089]April,
Pam, there is a lot of green going on with your goals. What about spraying for rats yourself. Around here we have a place that sells the exterminator chemicals to the public for cheap, do y'all have they there? What the kitties to tighten up and to their job, bring home some Chinese food and start staring at them. j/k

/quote]

Dude, I live in California, the state that tried to ban charcoal fluid for it's effect on air pollution. You don't think they'd allow us something as toxic as rat poison do you . Actually we can get some moderately toxic poisons and traps, but the biggest problem (and cost) is figuring out where they are getting the attic and sealing up those holes. The traping is relatively cheap. We did consider just doing the trap-out, but this is such a long standing problem we just want the beasts ban from the house once and for all

I've tried tell the kitties that they have a job like everyone else around the house, but they just look at me like a combination of spoiled teenager and innocent 2 yr old. What??? me???

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I do however still get really ticked off when people ask how I lost so much weight and then fight me over my answer, which we've discussed before. ("I'm not doing that!") I just want to say, "Well, fine. Be overweight and out of shape, if that's what makes you happy.")
Amen sister! I know you have some back problems that hinder your exercise options, but when I tell perfectly healthy, usually 20 years younger people, that you need to start in the kitchen and end in the gym (or trails etc), they look at me like I've suggested daily enemas.

Originally Posted by Mern
Friday Report

My food all day yesterday was only chicken, fish, green beans, spinach, strawberries, coffee with cream, almonds, a protein shake and flaxmeal. That brought me back to a week so far of all green averages. My only goal not met was forgetting my evening fish oil one day.

Calories 1600 1295, 1058, 1475, 1806, 1359, AVERAGE 1399
Sat fat average 12% of total calories 10%, 5%, 12%, 19%, 12%, AVERAGE 11.6%
Cholesterol average 300mg 130mg, 81mg, 174 mg, 268mg, 281mg
Carbs less fiber 25g 26.7g, 25.1g so I'm calling it green, 23.6g, 35.7g 14.2g, AVERAGE is 25.06g now so I'm calling it green
Fiber 30g 34g, 32g, 37g, 20g, 32g, AVERAGE 31g
Fish oil and vitamin D forgot evening oil, YES, YES, YES, YES
5 servings fruits/veggies YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy 0. 0, 0, 2, 0

Water 48 oz.or more YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES

Something wonderful on Friday: fun shopping alone with no time limit since I had a grandkid free day. PLUS DH and I had a lunch date and I stayed well within my food goals.
Mern, you are rocking the list. Well done on the calories and EVERYTHING else! Wooo Hoooo

Originally Posted by bojibridge
For yesterday:

So, I have a question. Obviously, this week was a tough week for me calorie wise. But, I still have exercised twice so far, and even though my calories were up, I still logged a net deficit of, oh maybe 2500 calories. Now, obviously there are other things that affect how fast the weight comes off like sodium intake and whatnot. But it seems to me that if I'm burning 500 calories a day, I should still lose weight, just not as fast as when I burn 8-900 calories a day. My experience, however, shows me that this is not the case. Unless I'm burning close to 1000 calories a day net, I don't lose any weight at all. Any ideas on why I don't lose weight at all when I'm burning half that, instead of just losing half the weight, on average?

hmmmm, Joanna maybe Fitday isn't calculating your average daily needs very well. You might think about lowering the number a bit. If the deficit was really 500 cal/day, you should be seeing the numbers on the scale move. (Just a thought )
Old 12-03-2011, 02:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Friday'a report (yes, I know it is Sat. evening... let you know how Sat went tomorrow)

Diet & Fitness
1.) 80oz water (coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count)
M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y F=N (close, but not quite)
2.) Carbs less than 30%
M=N (33%), T=N (40%)W=Y (30%), Th=Y (30%) F=N/Y (31%)
3.) Protein @ 90g M=N (78g), T=Y (116) W=N (76g)Th=Y (109g), F=Y (125g)
4.) 1 (or less) glass of beer or wine w/dinner
M=N(3). T=N (2), W=N(2), Th=Y (a very large glass, but still only 1), F=N (1 beer, 2 wine)
5.) 2 servings of fruit per day M=Y, T=Y W=N (1), Th=Y F=Y
6.) No white foods
M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=N (twice cooked potatoes)
7.) 2 yoga, 2 X-fit, (possible race on Sunday)
M=rest day, T=Y (crossfit), W=Y (yoga) Th=Y (crossfit), F=Y (yoga)

Work & Home:
8.) Finish booking Feb X-C train trip
M=Y train from LA to Montana, 3days ski, train back. Can’t wait!
9.) Get rat exterminator estimate
M=Y (yikes…expensive), T+=Y signed papers (kitties are on strike, won’t do their job)
10.) Finish presents for east coast relatives
11.) Chip tree branches
12.) Wash patio windows
13.) Get decorations down and up
T=Y (down out of the garage rafters), Th=Y (about half way done) N=Y (need to pick-up a few things, but it is looking very festive)
14.) Start cleaning out the garage rafters. T=Y well started
15.) Offer gratitude every morning.
M=all is well in my world, T=N just forgot, W=Y, Th=Y F= N (too much of a hurry)
Old 12-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Saturday Report

Health & Fitness

DONE 1) Lose 2 pounds yes
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes
3) Gallon of water yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE 4) 3000 calories deficient -982, -1425, -1102, -978, -290, -936 (-5613 so far)
5) Walk 13 miles 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
6) 1 cheat meal clean, clean, clean, clean, clean, clean
7) Gym x 3 0, 1, 0, 1 (home gym), 1, 0
8) No Bread 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
9) Net Carbs less than 65g/day 31.2g, 64.5g, 48.1g, 32.7g, 63.7g, 32.2g
10) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed. Update in the morning) didn't get up, didn't get up, didn't get up, got up to eat, didn't get up, didn't get up
11) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
b) Vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
c) Glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
d) Fluoride rise yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
Fail 12) Write 3 policies 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-04-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

Friday and Saturday report, got caught up yesterday and didn't report.

1. Calorie average of 1300, 1316
2. Drink 3 liters of water. Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No, Yes
3. Exercise 5 times. Yes, No, No, Yes, No, Yes
4. Daily squats. Yes , No, No, No, No, Yes
5. Go to sleep before midnight. Will make it, got 7 minutes to turn this off , No, No, No, Close enough, Yes?
Old 12-03-2011, 04:32 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinion about the artificial sweeteners.

Darlene, I use the artificial sweeteners in coffee mostly. But that day I couldn't bring myself to drink pure water so I made lemon water and added the splenda. Hope your trip and day with your friend was a hit.

Mern, you have done great this week! How nice you got to enjoy a day to yourself. Thanks for the info on sweeteners. I have read that if it tastes sweet the body just processes it as a sweet. I will try to go some time splenda free to see what happens, I don't know when though.

Quinn, thanks for your reply on the splenda... I have an ant problem so I think its safe to say that they don't like splenda, they never seem to go there I don't drink diet sodas but do like it in my coffee, I do agree with you about people doing what works for them. Thanks for sharing the link on the cookies, I will definitely make the ones in the waffle iron, once I locate the waffle iron.

Tanya, thats funny about not wanting to get up to get the water, some days I don't want to drink it because I don't want to be taking that many breaks to go to the bathroom... But you did better these last days.

April, your night with your boys sounds great! Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Mike, congrats on a great week! I am rooting for you on the no cheat. About your non rant, I think the answer was related to the fact she has had the shirt that long, its a typical answer to I have had these many years yet you are only NOW asking about it (even if she never really wears it). Funny you only woke up to hammer a spammer, sleeping in is good and don't sweat it too much on the policies, you did 2, that is no fail.

Pam, a 31% is green in my book. I think some people would much rather have the daily enemas... Hope your Saturday went well.

Joanna, I don't really like Stevia either. My dad has blood sugar problems so I have always found artificial sweeteners to be "normal" things to have around. About the no loss on a smaller calorie deficit, I think bodies get used to a certain level of calorie intake and activity and then you need to do something to get it unaccostumed again, like go lower/higher on calories, higher on exercise, play with your ratios. I know I have to figure out a way to change things up as I have not lost any weight either, even while having a deficit every day. The other thing is that the weight will come off eventually but not as exact as 1 pound every week with the 500 calorie daily deficit, maybe it will take a little longer but eventually it will catch up, so we just have to be patient.

Almeeker, I had never thought about the fat dude in a red suit taking credit... that must be hard, I don't think I could do it. Hmmm... on the positive though eventually she will know it was you, so I guess its just a matter of being patient. Hope you found the tea pot. And I hear you on the coffee I really don't feel like giving it up either.

Rose, Totally jealous of how great your Friday night was! Nothing like having no voice the day after to show you had a great time.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

Didn't get home last night until well after midnight and didn't check in, so here's Friday and Saturday all rolled into one.....

1--eat no more than 1300 calories a day: M-no, 1327 T-no, 1389 W-YES, 1218 Th-YES, 864 not really sure how that happened, I swear ate today F-no, 1350 but really close AND I ate at an all you can eat pizza buffet and didn't partake in the pizza or baked spaghetti. It was salad bar for me, so not only did I not eat the really crappy greasy pizza, I come out smelling like a rose only having to pay $2.99 for the all you can eat salad bar. If only they had had any low cal dressings, it was the homemade Italian dressing that pushed me over the edge, and that was only using HALF of a serving of it!!! S-yup, 1091 despite the fact that I was super hungry all day and really wanted a Frosty and some Wendy's french fries.

2--drink NO MORE THAN ONE DIET MOUNTAIN DEW A DAY, no exceptions: M-no T-YES W-YES Th-no F-YES S-YES

3--exercise at least 5 days: M-YES T-no W-YES Th-YES F-YES S-no, haven't felt well today and have been wicked tired, so I took a 3 hour nap and then put up the Christmas Tree.

4--cut back on the carbs: M-YES T-YES W-YES Th-YES F-YES S-YES

5--log absolutely everything: M-YES T-YES W-YES Th-YES
F-YES S-YES

6--DO NOT DRINK A 2nd DIET MOUNTAIN DEW (I have a bit of a problem): M-no T-YES W-YES Th-no F-YES S-YES

7--lose at least 2lbs: M-up 2 lbs????? gotta be retaining water from the excess sodium from the Dt Dew T-at my weight prior to Monday, back on track W-holding steady for the time being...I'll take it as long as it doesn't go up Th-239.5 down half a pound so far.... F-didn't weigh S-didn't weigh

Should be a good day tomorrow too, kids' Christmas program at church tomorrow night, always good times.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hi I have not had time to read everyone’s posts but I promised myself I would post my actual's no matter how bad they were. I had a great night last night and although my calories were high it’s mostly 4 glasses of wine and hummus and veggies, a friend brought homemade sundried tomato and olive oil hummus the two of us ate most of the bowl it was fantastic. I did manage to convince my tipsy friends that walking at 1am in the big city is a fun way to burn of the alcohol or in my case the sugar calories it was a great idea as they had Christmas trees decorated and lit up in the center of downtown it was very pretty. I got woken up this morning with sad news and had to come home earlier than expected our 13 year old chocolate lab had a stroke during the night and is very ill so being mom I was needed home asap. I have him eating a little he loves chicken so hubby went and bought him a roasted chicken and I just keep giving him little pieces he also started taking water this afternoon. I hope he will bounce back his first stroke was minor and he had no after effects this one was much worse he couldn't walk or even lift his head this morning. He is 13 which is old for his breed and he has cancer which we learned about when he had his last stroke but until this episode he`s been pain free and pretty easy going so hopefully he will pull through. Thanks for listening I know many of us are dog lovers and you understand my concern.
Have a nice Sunday everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.8, T=0, W= 4k, T=7.4K, F=4.5k, S=0
Gym 2 days: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 fail
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=0, W=Walk, T=Hike, F=Walk, S=0
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=N, S=N
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=N, S=N
Calories less than 1400: M=1369, T=1399, W= 1247, T=1320, F=1903, S=1585
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -836, T=-550, W= -805, T=-993, F= -178, S= -515 =(-3877) need -1123
Christmas prep everyday: M= Gift bought for friend and secret santa gift, Christmas cards finished. T= Hampers made and ready to deliver. W= Found a screwdriver set for son to move out with instead of taking hubbys., T= Christmas cards mailed that needed to be., F=0, S=0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.