Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 12-01-2011, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks Main80, I wasn't sure about posting it b/c I didn't want to be a downer.
Whenever I hear the word downer I think of this:

SNL - Debbie Downer (Featuring Lindsay Lohan) on PanasonicYouth's Videos - Buzznet

I do however understand that feeling of not wanting to be one.

Hope you had a restful night and excellent going on your goals.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Main You better be sleeping or you have really messed up bed before midnight lol.
Well I was asleep by then, but did not make my midnight goal again... its safe to say that goals has gone down the drain this week. BUT tonight I am posting at my regular hour and will be very close to midnight!
Hope your jambalaya turned out great!
And wow on the amount of cookies your daughter makes!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Damn I just got up to eat. I went to bed too hungry for too many days in a row. Just had a bowl of Cheerios and some peanut butter.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

Rose, you are doing amazing this week! All green. Your lazy day sounds perfect! Sorry you miss your Bristol class...

Tori, you were not over by a lot on the previous days so don't sweat it. All in all there is a lot of green in your goals.

Joanna, cookies are so hard to resist! But yey on having your car stuff sorted out.

Tanya, I have been finding it very hard to drink water this week, its cold I don't feel like drinking it. I hear you on catching up with posts, it gets complicated, hehehe.

Rubypeanut! Congrats on the boy and hope you did well on your blood sugar test... sounds like a complicated hassle. Keep taking care of yourself.

Mary, great you dropped by How goes the post detox?

Almeeker, hope you find your tea pot, getting the water in is getting complicated. Cookie incidents seem to be common around this time. Congrats on the doll, I must be hard to keep it a secret when its such a beautiful gift.

Quinn, hope you enjoyed the snow playing! Revenge is a good show, I have only watched a couple of episodes, I have gotten bad at watching TV, and watch most shows online... may catch an episode tonight.

Terri, glad your day ended better

April, hope you are having a better day today.

Mern, you are right! It is all a matter of averages... I think on average we will have a good week!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:56 PM
FitDay Member

Thursdays report

1. Calorie average of 1300, 1282
2. Drink 3 liters of water. Yes, No, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 5 times. Yes, No, No, Yes
4. Daily squats. Yes , No, No, No
5. Go to sleep before midnight. Will make it, got 7 minutes to turn this off , No, No, Close enough

I know Mern you watch the daily amount of artificial sweeteners you use, is there are reason for it? I had a 6 packets of Splenda today which is a lot more than usual, does anyone else watch how much of these sweeteners they take in?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:43 PM
FitDay Member

Pam My jambalaya is 1lb chicken, .5lb spicy Italian sausage or chorizo browned with onions, peppers, garlic, celery, salt and pepper then I add 4 cups diced tomatoes red pepper flakes, black pepper, parsley and cayenne pepper (the more seasoning the hotter it gets) add about .5 to 1 cup water,1 cup of tomatoe sauce and simmer for a couple hours about 5 min before serving I dump in 1-2lbs prawns and serve with rice or pasta and invite friends mine all seem to love it and invite themselves. It’s probably not as good as your mom’s some things never are but it’s tasty and pretty healthy if you are smart about the pasta.

Quinn Enjoy playing in the snow.

Rose I am sorry your gym isn’t as good as Bristol’s but at least you went. The reason I need to make an appointment to get in my kitchen is for food safe reasons I can’t just walk in and make toast and slap on my PB when she’s got the kitchen cleaned and laid out for no nut cookies. The quantity she’s cooking in also requires some planning so today's jambalaya feast pushed her decorating back until Friday there’s no way she’s going to move a hundred half decorated cookies just because I want to make dinner I don’t know if I blame her for that.

Mike Way to resist sonic! congrats on the 4lbs lost.

Main80 What are you using artificial sugars in? I do not use them if I am going to use sugar I use raw cane sugar it still has 17 calories per tsp but its processed naturally without the use of chemicals to bleach it.

My dinner was fantastic I was really good and had about 1.5c pasta and a huge serving of jambalaya I didn't eat the Ceasar salad or the garlic bread and skipped desert so calories are still intact. I am going to one of my closest friends "Santas workshop party" tomorrow night and the theme is Christmas martini's and cupcake's it's going to be a calorie nightmare
Outside of the calories I am very excited she lives about a two hour drive away and it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow so the drive will be great. We are going out for a nice early dinner then we will prep for the party I am going to crash their and come home later on Saturday after we get some shopping in.
Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.8, T=0, W= 4k, T=7.4K
Gym 2 days: 0, 0, 0, 0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=0, W=Walk, T=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1369, T=1399, W= 1247, T=1320
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -836, T=-550, W= -805, T=-993
Christmas prep everyday: M= Gift bought for friend and secret santa gift, Christmas cards finished. T= Hampers made and ready to deliver. W= Found a screwdriver set for son to move out with instead of taking hubbys., T= Christmas cards mailed that needed to be.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

I had a good amount of red in my Thursday report but my averages for the week include only one red for carbs less fiber.

Calories 1600 1295, 1058, 1475, 1806 average 1409
Sat fat average 12% of total calories 10%, 5%, 12%, 19% average 11.5%
Cholesterol average 300mg 130mg, 81mg, 174 mg, 268mg
Carbs less fiber 25g 26.7g, 25.1g so I'm calling it green, 23.6g, 35.7g average 27.8g
Fiber 30g 34g, 32g, 37g, 20g average 31g
Fish oil and vitamin D forgot evening oil, YES, YES, YES
5 servings fruits/veggies YES, YES, YES, YES
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy 0. 0, 0, 2

Water 48 oz.or more YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off

Something wonderful: Due to DD taking a rare day off work and live-in GD not scheduled to work at Burger King tonight, I have a totally kid free weekday today with no driving anyone anywhere.

Last edited by Mern; 12-02-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MAIN80

I know Mern you watch the daily amount of artificial sweeteners you use, is there are reason for it? I had a 6 packets of Splenda today which is a lot more than usual, does anyone else watch how much of these sweeteners they take in?
I started using Splenda myself last summer in an effort to stop craving frozen yogurt. When I wanted something sweet, I would have a really sweet cup of coffee or tea avoiding the calories, which worked really well.

I have to admit that I have wondered how healthy it is. I have a couple of other weird questions that only I would wonder about, too. Like, if it's made from sugar is it bad for your teeth? Oh... and last summer I spilled a bunch of it and asked my husband, "If it's made from sugar, will this attract ants??" LOL Like I said, only I would be interested in those answers...

I try to limit myself to 2 packets a day because I also drink diet soda and I really don't know what the health risks are. I tried to look into it last summer, but it's hard to figure out. Anyone else know how healthy it is?? My SIL swears by Truvia. To me, they all taste about the same.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

With my previous unhealthy lifestyle, this time of year, I would be making 4-5 different types of Christmas goodies a week. My counters were loaded with bins of every kind of treat that you could imagine. Well, I've really cut back over the last couple of years, and don't even start baking until mid-month.

This morning, I was trying to figure out how I could avoid all of the calories this year and I found these recipes for healthier, lower calorie cookies, etc. Now, I realize that our families aren't going to want to replace their favorites that they have waited all year for. But, maybe if we had an alternative to munch on, we could avoid a lot of empty calories this holiday. I haven't tried any of them yet, but I think that I'll make a batch of something to keep on hand for myself and see how that goes.

Here's the link:
Healthy Holiday Cookie Recipes and Cooking Tips | Eating Well
Old 12-02-2011, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

g'morning y'all! it's bright and early here (~7am), but I've already had 8+ hrs of sleep and feel better this AM than I did last night. I knocked off SUPER-early (and w/o checking in) last night b/c I started feeling pretty crummy—I think it's just my body starting to detox, so while it sux to feel lousy like this, I know I'll be through it in a few days and then I'll start to feel a LOT better!

so yesterday was...let's call it a mixed bag LOL here's my report from last night:

1) drink alkaline water except w/meals and supplements
Tues goal 2L; actual 1.5L / Wed goal 2L; actual 500ml / Thurs goal 2L (carry-over); actual 1.25L (better than Wed!)

2) eat at least one meal this week that's 60-80% raw "green" veggies
Tues no / Wed no / Thurs YES x2!!

while my water intake still wasn't stellar, I doubled up on my "green" meal goal, W00T! my goals for today:

1) drink alkaline water except w/meals and supplements
Tues goal 2L; actual 1.5L / Wed goal 2L; actual 500ml / Thurs goal 2L (carry-over); actual 1.25L (better than Wed!) / Fri goal *1.5L; actual 250ml so far (I'm off to an early start today, wahoo!)

*I'm adjusting this down until I'm through detox—don't want to make myself REALLY sick

2) eat at least one meal this week that's 60-80% raw "green" veggies
Tues no / Wed no / Thurs YES x2!! / Fri not yet

@April I always forget running errands burns calories (it's called "running," duh! lol). I was sitting for ~2 hrs in a business mtg, but the other 3-1/2 hrs were non-stop shopping (Christmas presents and groceries)—no wonder I was wiped out by the time I got home! what sane person exercises for 3-1/2 hrs at one go?? ;\ lol

@Mern your senses are right, sweetie, qwertyitis is totes a joke it's what you get when you fall asleep in front of the computer and your head hits the keyboard LOL

@Pam mixed results yesterday, but overall I'm counting it as a win, YAY!

@Rose so glad I'm not the only one! I'd probably do better about staying on task if I didn't suffer from ADOS (Attention Deficit Oooh Shiny!) ;\ lol it's a standing joke in our family that we're all easily distracted (that's actually the name of my blog, haha!)

@Mike what are you writing policies for? <--- me being nosy

@Amy I'm always amazed by people w/the skill to sew. I could make a pillow case if my life depended on it, but clothes? not that anyone would want to be seen wearing in public ;\ lol and doll clothes?? fuhgettaboudit. sounds like your DDs are in for a real treat for Christmas!

@main I've always been pretty good about drinking water year 'round, but drinking alkaline water means I have to fill up my IonPod WAYYYYYYYYY more often than my usual "bucket o' water" b/c the IonPod only holds 250ml, gah. so when I'm working I have to FORCE myself to stop and go get a refill. I know, it's a lame excuse, huh?

@dar we love jambalaya! I usu cook w/jasmine rice (we eat a LOT of rice!) but IMO it really doesn't work well in jambalaya, so that's the only thing I keep white rice around for. and finding andouille sausage out here is a PITB, but smoked sausage works in a pinch (I just load my own plate up w/sriracha sauce—I know, Cajun + Thai sounds weird, but it totes works). YUM!

@quinn bad news, hun: artificial sweeteners aren't any better than sugar; in some ways they're worse! I just finished reading a health and nutrition book by a Ph.D. microbiologist/nutritionist (sounds like a weird combo, but it makes sense if you think about it), and he explains that artificial sweeteners break down into potentially deadly acids in the body. aspartame in particular breaks down into formaldehyde! a neurotoxin and carcinogen?? no thanks! he recommends stevia or chicory instead—you can find both at natural food stores. also, check out what MedicineNet.com says about sucralose, the main ingredient in Splenda, specifically: "Sucralose is made when sugar is treated with trityl chloride, acetic anhydride, hydrogen chlorine, thionyl chloride, and methanol in the presence of dimethylformamide, 4-methylmorpholine, toluene, methyl isobutyl ketone, acetic acid, benzyltriethlyammonium chloride, and sodium methoxide, making it unlike anything found in nature." can you say "chemical $#!tstorm??" (frankly I don't trust the FDA as far as I can spit) I don't know if you've got a Whole Foods or Good Earth or Harvest Market or some such out there, but I'd try someplace like that for stevia or chicory. just be careful: so many people are looking for natural alternatives to sugar that adulterated products are cropping up now; just do a little research on a brand before you buy it.

okay, I've still got ~1hr before DD gets up for school, so I'm going to see if I can get a bunch of other tasks done before I have to help her w/her morning routine. y'all have a great day!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.