Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 12-01-2011, 10:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Goodmorning just a quick Hi I got my chorizo now I am off to pick up my hiking partner. It's not looking to nice out but so far it's not raining and I am very grateful we do not have snow like Quinn & Amy Have a great day I will be back later all full and sleepy from my jambalaya carb fest I did buy whole grain pasta and rice hopefully no one cares but hey it's a free meal for them so they better keep their opinion to themselves even if they do care.

Yum jambalya, my mom used to make the best. I can't seem to replicate it and I have never had anything that approached hers even in the best restaurants.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check in and then I'm going to go goof around in the snow. (Yes, I'm excited about snow now... come March, I'll want to pull my hair out!) LOL

1. Calories under 1200. 1009, 1179, 1013, 1002
2. 4 fruits and veggies a day. 4, 4, 1, 3
3. 80 oz. of liquids a day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. NO bread until Friday. 0, 2 (I forgot!), 0, 2 (made breakfast for supper)
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. NO eating after supper... brush your teeth and read something! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 12-01-2011, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report... very late, I could almost do Thursday's report already

1. Calorie average of 1300, 1231
2. Drink 3 liters of water. Yes, No, Yes
3. Exercise 5 times. Yes, No, No
4. Daily squats. Yes , No, No
5. Go to sleep before midnight. Will make it, got 7 minutes to turn this off , No, No
Old 12-01-2011, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Thursday

I had a pretty good day today. I went to a spin class at the Y and while I enjoyed myself, and it was definitely intense and I worked up quite the sweat, it just didn't have that same energy as the classes I was taking in the UK. In Bristol I was getting such an amazing adrenaline high with every class! The instructors were amazing and the music was amazing and the classes were the bomb! I miss my gym in Bristol! Sigh. I'm bummed.

My health goals:

1. No added sugar. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
2. No white flour. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
3. Maximum 1500 calories per day. 1405/ 1033/ 1093/ 1293
4. Drink min. 2 litres of water per day. DONE/ DONE/ DONE/ DONE
5. Take vitamins. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
6. Exercise 5 hours. 40 min./ 60 min. (TOTAL SO FAR: 1 hr. 40 min.)
7. Log everything.YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
8. Achieve a 5000 calorie deficit. M: -732/ T: -1373/ W: -1044/ TH: -1384 (TOTAL SO FAR: 4533)

Joanna, your major cookie incident made me chuckle. You're funny!

Darlene, you have to make an appointment to use your own kitchen? LOL. But just hearing about your daughter's cookies was making my mouth water. All 11 flavors sound absolutely delicious. If you weren't so far away, I'd order some and impress my friends and family.

Mary, we miss you! Are you going on a cruise?

Amy, wow, I am so relieved that I don't have a house that smells like vanilla and is full of freshly baked cookies. All this cookie talk is like a contact high!

Terri, I am reading a book called Overcoming Overeating by Jane R. Hirschmann and Carol H. Munter. I am finding it totally fascinating. I'm trying to figure out how to tell when an emotional trigger is causing me to turn to food even though I am not physically hungry. I am sick and tired of gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for the past year. I am so stuck and felt like I had to get to the bottom of this. I also have a therapy appointment on Saturday. Hopefully that will help too. Sorry to hear about your rough day at work yesterday but YAY, you're on the short list for that job you applied for! Awesome!!! Kudos on that.

Tanya, thanks so much for the support. I sympathize with the challenges of time management. I feel like I am always chasing time. It's so frustrating!

April, I'm so sorry to hear that you felt sad and ended up overeating last night. If anyone understands that it's me. I've also been having my TOTM every 3 weeks. I realized that the last time I saw my gyno was this time last year so I guess it's time again for an appointment. Let's make a pact to make the appointment!

Mern, thanks for the cheers! I am totally green because I kept my goals to a minimum this week and never even got around to making any non-health related goals although I've gotten quite a few chores done around the house so it's win win.

Pam, way to go on being on track today and getting lots of administrative work done. Chico says thank you for the early birthday wishes!

Quinn, hope you're having fun goofing around in the snow!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 12-01-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1360/1674/2473/1962
2.) Exercise 3 times: 2
3.) Drink water!: not great/not great/alright/decent
4.) Get my PA license: Done
5.) Get PA car registration underway
--a.) Go to DMV: Done
--b.) Get inspected: Done
6.) Get oil changed/tires and battery looked at: Done
7.) Figure out my stupid phone: Done
8.) Go to hair place to ask about stuff: Done
9.) Do Astro 502 HW by Wed.: Done

So I finally got all my car stuff done. The bummer is that to officially pass inspection, I've got about $500 worth of work to do - good thing I was kind of expecting it.

I'm having trouble staying under on my calories this week. It would help if I didn't buy cookie dough. Also, I'm thinking about changing my calorie goal on exercise days to maybe under 1600. I feel like I get better results that way, and also, when I get home from the gym at dinner time, I'm just plain starving! What do you guys think?

Well, homework is calling my name, singing in harmony with the Starbucks around the corner, so I'm gonna bounce. Thanks all for your kind words!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Yum jambalya, my mom used to make the best. I can't seem to replicate it and I have never had anything that approached hers even in the best restaurants.
Hmmm, I hope you're not trying to find good jambalaya in Cali.

I decided that instead of waiting on my workout partner (like always b/c he likes to work out at 9:30), I'd did it without him... I didn't even have to leave my house. I used my gym, stability ball and dumbbells and I'm done already. Now I can relax. Oh yeah, I wrote another policy today. 1 more to make my goal.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Oh yeah, I hoped on the scale today and was 180.6, that's 4.0 down for the week.

Everyone in my house just left to go to Sonic, I told them NOT to bring me anything back. This week has been great so far. No bad cravings and still NO BREAD!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 weekdays, 1,600 weekends. 1,902, 1,855, 2,295, 1,420 a little over but in desperation I'm counting it.
2. Workout 7 hours. 40 min, 60 min, 115 min, 0 min (total 3:35)
3. Calorie deficit 5,000. +104, -1,115, -636, -725 (total - 2,372)
4. Protein 25% or more. 12%, 17%, 11%, 27%
5. Carbs 50% or less. 56%, 49%, 47%, 39%
6. Water 100 oz or more. 75, Y,50, Y
7. Log everything. Y,Y,Y,Y
8. Report weight. 158, 158, didn't weigh, 161.8

Other Stuff:

1. Write Christmas letter. N,N,N,N
2. Schedule gingerbread parties. N,N,N,1 scheduled.
3. Make gingerbread dough. N,N,Y 3 double batches, N
4. Deal with flower pots. N,N,N,N
5. Housework 1 hour daily + 2 loads of laundry. YY,YY,NY, YY
6. Drag Christmas boxes up. N,N,N,N
7. Schedule Christmas picture. N,N,N,N
8. Deliver load to Goodwill. N,N,N,N

I did a little better today managing my calories/protein/carbs. I ignored most of my goals, but got some secret Christmas stuff finished. Our oldest DD wants a retired American Girl doll for Christmas (Lindsey 2001), so I've become addicted to ebay... At one point I was top bidder on 3 separate auctions, DH was pulling hair out, but I only ended up winning one. The nicest one actually. She arrived today and she's BEAUTIFUL!!! I was a little nervous about buying a used doll as a gift, but it's going to be okay after all. I even pulled out the sewing machine and whipped out a few pieces of clothing for her. DD's going to LOVE her. I'm so excited. Middle child got one last year, and it was such a big hit that the oldest and youngest both wanted one this year. Thankfully the youngest wanted one that is still in production, so her's is new. Anyway I'm going to make a box of clothing and give it to all of them, so I'll be sewing in secret for the next couple of weeks. I love that you can whip out an entire AG outfit in like 30 minutes.

I would love to chat longer and address all the funny comments, but my back is killing me and I really need to lay down.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

I'm posting early b/c I'm about to relax. I'll try to reply to everyone tomorrow.

Health & Fitness
1) Lose 2 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes, no, yes
3) Gallon of water yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE 4) 3000 calories deficient -982, -1425, -1102, -978 (-4487 so far)
5) Walk 13 miles 0, 0, 0
6) 1 cheat meal clean, clean, clean, clean
7) Gym x 3 0, 1, 0, 1 (home gym)
8) No Bread 0, 0, 0, 0
9) Net Carbs less than 65g/day 31.2g, 64.5g, 48.1g, 32.7g
10) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed. Update in the morning) didn't get up, didn't get up, didn't get up, got up to eat.
11) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes, yes, yes, yes
b) Vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes
c) Glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes
d) Fluoride rise yes, yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
12) Write 3 policies 0, 1, 0, 1

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-02-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Reporting in.....after realizing I had made a mistake logging my foods I have to ammend Monday and Tuesday's caloric intake and I'm just over my 1300 calories for both those days, which sucks....thought I had done a better job. Oh well, no biggie

1--eat no more than 1300 calories a day: M-no, 1327 T-no, 1389 W-YES, 1218 Th-YES, 864 not really sure how that happened, I swear ate today

2--drink NO MORE THAN ONE DIET MOUNTAIN DEW A DAY, no exceptions: M-no T-YES W-YES Th-nope

3--exercise at least 5 days: M-YES T-noW-YES Th-YES

4--cut back on the carbs: M-YES T-YES W-YES Th-YES

5--log absolutely everything: M-YES T-YES W-YES Th-YES

6--DO NOT DRINK A 2nd DIET MOUNTAIN DEW (I have a bit of a problem): M-no T-YES W-YES Th-no

7--lose at least 2lbs: M-up 2 lbs????? gotta be retaining water from the excess sodium from the Dt Dew T-at my weight prior to Monday, back on track W-holding steady for the time being...I'll take it as long as it doesn't go up Th-239.5 down half a pound so far....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.