Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 12-01-2011, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 weekdays, 1,600 weekends. 1,902, 1,855, 2,295
2. Workout 7 hours. 40 min, 60 min, 115 min (total 3:35)
3. Calorie deficit 5,000. +104, -1,115, -636 (total - 1,647)
4. Protein 25% or more. 12%, 17%, 11%
5. Carbs 50% or less. 56%, 49%, 47%
6. Water 100 oz or more. 75, Y,50
7. Log everything. Y,Y,Y
8. Report weight. 158, 158, didn't weigh, 161.8

Other Stuff:

1. Write Christmas letter. N,N,N
2. Schedule gingerbread parties. N,N,N
3. Make gingerbread dough. N,N,Y 3 double batches
4. Deal with flower pots. N,N,N
5. Housework 1 hour daily + 2 loads of laundry. YY,YY,NY
6. Drag Christmas boxes up. N,N,N
7. Schedule Christmas picture. N,N,N
8. Deliver load to Goodwill. N,N,N

Yesterday was completely off track. It started snowing on Tuesday night, by Wednesday morning we had a whole whopping 3" on the ground so apparently that's reason enough to call off school. In my book you shouldn't call off school unless there is enough snow to drive your snowmobile through the middle of downtown and not wreck up your tread, but they never call to ask me. So instead of 2 kids, there were 6 and we we decided to make Christmas cookies!!! Cookies aren't really a trigger food for me, but having the whole house smell like vanilla gets to me, I ate about 20 stars plus some dough, thankfully they were hot right out of the oven and not frosted yet, or it could have been worse. To redeem myself I put in an extra 40 minutes on the bike, but it wasn't enough to undo all the damage. I don't think the extra pounds are all from cookies, Af is due any time now and I haven't been drinking my water. It's too cold for ice water and the tea pot is MIA.

Anyway I probably won't be on much today, I'm down to one kiddo today and roughly a day behind on everything that needs doing. Good luck everybody. For the record I've tucked the box of cookies out of sight, and once they're room temperature they are much less tempting, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Last edited by almeeker; 12-01-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Woke up to the same 3-4 inches of snow as almeeker but I have to admit, it's the kind of snow that you see on Christmas cards... light and fluffy and kind of blanketing the trees. I'll take this over the 16 degrees that I woke up to yesterday! Last night, I was actually able to watch a little tv and relax... that hasn't happened in a couple of weeks. I was able to catch my new favorite show, "Revenge". Has anyone else seen it? I really like it and I'm not a huge tv person.

Putting my past couple of days behind me. The only way that I can describe how I was treated by both companies was how it is depicted on the Discover ad, where the guy with the accent says, "My name is Peggy. How can I help you?" lol And my husband managed to crawl off of my shit list my bringing me a couple of unexpected, little trinkets when he came home. So, things (fingers crossed) should go more smoothly today.

On a really happy note, I braved the scale a day early and I'm only up one pound from my pre-Thanksgiving weight. So, I was really happy and excited about that. That means that I have 4 lbs. to lose in about 10 days, which is a stretch, but I'll do my best.

1. Calories under 1200. 1009, 1179, 1013
2. 4 fruits and veggies a day. 4, 4, 1
3. 80 oz. of liquids a day. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. NO bread until Friday. 0, 2 (I forgot!), 0
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes
6. NO eating after supper... brush your teeth and read something! Yes, Yes, Yes

Lots and lots of paperwork to catch up on today, but with the snow I really don't mind. Put a pot of coffee on, start a fire in the fireplace and I'm a happy girl.

Enjoy your morning!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Just a quick update, I have to get back to work.

Health & Fitness
1) Lose 2 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes, no
3) Gallon of water yes, yes, yes
4) 3000 calories deficient -982, -1425, -1102
5) Walk 13 miles 0, 0, 0
6) 1 cheat meal clean, clean, clean
7) Gym x 3 0, 1, 0
8) No Bread 0, 0, 0
9) Net Carbs less than 65g/day 31.2g, 64.5g, 48.1g
10) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed. Update in the morning) didn't get up, didn't get up
11) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes, yes, yes
b) Vitamin yes, yes, yes
c) Glucosamine yes, yes, yes
d) Fluoride rise yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
12) Write 3 policies 0, 1, 0
Old 12-01-2011, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

April: Hahahaha! Oh I have plans for thanking him involving both of us burning some calories

Mike: Some days you just need to kind of rest and do nothing - a battery recharge, getting your stuff together without even realizing you're doing it.

quinn: UGH. So sorry about your cable problems. That sort of thing is completely ridiculous - BF had a similar problem once with a totally legitimate and good credit card offer that suddenly POOFED when he navigated away from the screen. I hope that everything comes out on your bill properly AND that the bank does what you're asking them to do! Sheesh! Have your daughter buy a pack of gum or something with the account? I hope that your Christmas plans are still great after your talk with hubby! Hugs for you!!

Mern: Your green reports fill me with happiness!!!

Rose: See, YOU are the poster-child for knowing when you need to slow down and just have a day of doing nothing. I firmly believe that such days are good for the soul! Your reports are amazing!! What book are you reading? I haven't gotten the idea yet to more deeply explore my relationship with food, but that sounds interesting.

Joanna: ... I hope it was was at least a DELICIOUS cookie incident!

Tanya: I hope you had a restful night after an exhausting day - you've got the right attitude, it'll look better in the morning!!

Darlene: It sounds like you and your hubby make the perfect team - jobs are always better when they're done, you can look back, and go "heck yeah, I did that!"

almeeker: LOL! "Frisky squirrels in the attic"!!! Yeah, I try to give myself 2 days a month where I just roll with things. They're usually unplanned, but I can sort of mentally check those days off and just focus on the other good things going on. What's on the plate is something that's just less important at those times. I mean heck, I don't even LIKE Tuscani pasta all that much (I find it oddly bland) but the meal was delicious for a million other reasons.

ruby: UGH, that sounds like a nightmare!!! Chugging orange syrup sounds completely gross, couldn't it at least be something more palatable? You're a trooper, and congratulations on the baby boy. You're doing what you have to do for him, though he's already giving you trouble before he's out!

Weekly Goals

1) Calorie average between 1,200 and 1,400 for the week. No single day over 1,600. M: 1,463 T: 1,420 W: 1,168 (Week Average: 1,350)
2) Exercise 3-4 times M: Zumba T: No W: No
3) Calorie deficit of 5,000 for the week M: -941 T: -395 W: -647 (Week Total: -1,983)
4) Multivitamin daily M: forgot T: Ugh, forgot again! W: Geez!! I need to stop running out the door!!
5) 80 oz. of water daily M: no (72) T: yes W: yes
6) In bed by 11:30 every night M: I tried! T: 11:45 W: Complete fail, 12:30?
7) Protein average of 25-30% for the week M: 31% T: 19% W: 31% (Week Average: 27%)

Other Goals

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes T: no makeup W: no makeup
2) Put in paperwork for conference travel reimbursement M: No T: No W: Got it all together, just need to turn it in
3) Clean one room every day M: No T: BF did it all! W: No
4) Report something wonderful that happens to me every day M: Organized a Skype call with 2 very dearly missed friends in NY T: Impromptu candlelight dinner!!! W: I got word that I'm on the "short list" for a postdoctoral fellowship!

I had a rough day at work yesterday, but it ended on a really high note as I got an e-mail right before I left saying that I was on the "short list" for a job I applied for last month. I had had an informal interview about this position at my conference a couple of weeks ago, so it was lovely to hear back (I'm hoping this means she put in a good word for me!). They want my recommendations now, so I've notified my best/most pertinent references and I will just keep my fingers crossed. I know they'll be doing interviews in January.

This position is probably one of the "top two" I'm most interested in for my move after Florida - the only real drawback to it is that it's not a permanent position (2 years), but other than that, when I read the job description I was like "...This position was made for me!!" I'm trying not to get my hopes up and keep level-headed about the whole thing (I haven't even had a formal interview yet) but it's hard not to take the little boost to my ego when I needed it.

Got a long day ahead of me... need to buckle down and get to it!

Happy Thursday everyone!

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 12-01-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

okay, today is a clean slate!

goals for the day:

1) drink alkaline water except w/meals and supplements
Tues goal 2L; actual 1.5L
Wed goal 2L; actual 500ml
Thurs goal 2L (carry-over); actual not started yet*

*I wait until 30 mins after my last AM supplements b/c alkaline water accelerates the body's absorption of nutrients and I don't want to screw up the time-release of the supplements

2) eat at least one meal this week that's 60-80% raw "green" veggies
Tues no
Wed no
Thurs not yet

@Terri slept okay—not fantastic, but okay. I'll take okay, it sure beats insomnia! good luck w/your job hunt, I hope you get the one you want and I'd say "have fun thanking your BF for being such a sweetie" but that's just completely unnecessary ROFL

@Quinn fingers crossed for you to have a better day today, too! and we STILL don't have snow here yet (we've had a little over the past few weeks, but it's been unseasonably warm and it all completely melted); it's pretty weird, actually

@dar the carryover is pretty much a necessity—I'm not sure my body could handle increasing my water intake by that much if I try going from 0 to 60! I think I may need to plan on slower increases, too, instead of the daily increases I'd initially decided on. nothing wrong w/getting where I want to go a little bit slower

@ruby congrats on the baby boy! I remember the orange syrup, that was truly unpleasant; I would much rather have just loaded up on Jelly Bellies LOL

@Tori look at all that green—YAY you!!

@Rose solid green for you this week, how impressive!!

@main major off-track day yesterday re: water, but that's mostly b/c I wasn't home and didn't have a way to carry 2L of water w/me that wouldn't interfere w/everything I needed to get done. but I'm back at it again today—thx for the encouragement!

@Mern green Green GREEN!! looking good there, YAY!

I have GOT to do better about managing my time—I started this post over an hour ago (and it's not even that long!!), but then I got distracted doing a bunch of other things that honestly could've waited until later, and now here it is 10am and I've still not had breakfast, GAH. I better get moving! I'll check in again later. y'all have a great day today!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Terri - pre-congrats, if you will, on the postdoc position! I hope it works out in your favor. And yes, I did enjoy the cookies - all 9 of them, thank you very much! I guess I should be glad it was only 1350 calories worth... could have been worse.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes (already!), T: Yes (120oz), W: Yes,
2. walk on lunch min 1-1/2 miles M: 1-1/2miles, T: raining, W: 1/2mile (40degrees and raining),
3. workout 4 times from weds - sun W: 1hr, Th: 1hr 5min, Total time - 2hrs 5 min
4. allow one day to buy dessert to eat with lunch (strawberries over angel food cake) M: didn't buy, T: not ordering, W: didn't order, Th: didn't order,
5. No added salt M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
6. Limit one diet soda daily M: 1-1/2 cans, T: Yes, W: Yes,
7. Log in and report all 7 days M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
8. Weight and post weight M: 274.4, T: 274.6, W: 275.4, Th: 276.4 Weekly total: +2lb

Life Goals ...
1. Water Christmas tree M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Do paperwork daily at work M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
3. File home paperwork M: Nope, T: No, W: Nope,

Last night wasn't the greatest that we have had in a while. I got into a pretty bad argument with my hubby. That always leaves me sad for the evening even after we make up. I overate again. Apparently by the trend my TOTM has taken in showing up 5-7 days early every month it should be just around the corner, again. Ugh! This every three weeks thing is getting old fast and I may need to make an OB appointment. My hubby thinks that I have made changes in my body and that is what is throwing it off. I don't know but I hate PMS symptoms. I never had any before I got my tubes tied about 4 yrs ago. ... Sorry Mike for the TMI. So now I am overeating and picking fights with my hubby. Sounds like TOTM is coming. Ugh!

Quinn ... I have had almost the exact rant about the cable company. The bank never seems to do what you want them to either. I hope you get it sorted. I'm glad your hubby got back off the shit list and I hope that your FIL doesn't ruin your plans too much..... I would so love a day to be at home while there is snow and just sit near a window and read or watch it snow.

Mern ... 3lbs? That isn't bad at all. Heck I've almost gained that so far this week. Good for you for getting better control on the s/free chocolate habit.

Mike ... Your mom's story was very touching. I agree, don't ever feel bad for talking about something in your past. It is part of what makes you the guy you are today. ... Your gf not wanting to switch to your insurance company over a few bucks is crazy. But now she has you paying the bill so she is saving even more money!

Rose ... Great way to spend a lazy day. I can't tell you the last time I had a day where I did nothing....I only lasted about a 1/2 mile in the cold and drizzle yesterday. But I went to the store and back so at least I went out there. 30% more calories burnt walking in the cold? That is incentive enough to get back out there some more.

Tori ... Good job keeping your Dew to one yesterday. My hubby actually reversed his D diagnosis through diet modification. I am sure you can avoid it too.

Joanna ... MMmmmmmm Cookies *drool*

Tanya ... Running errands burns calories too. .. We haven't had any real snow yet either. A coating twice I think. It is a strange winter.

Darlene ... I love that your daughter still bakes with her illness. That seems to be her passion in life and everyone should have something to be passionate about. ... Your homemade jambalaya sounds great!

Ruby ... Congrats on the boy! Good luck on the second sugar test! and Can't they give you anything for the contractions?

Mary ... Is the remodeling almost done then? I would be anxious to have it over so I could decorate if it was me having work done.

Amy ... 115 minutes of exercise! Go girl!! ... I have to agree cookies are best raw or warm but iced is pretty good too.

Terri ... Congrats for making it onto the short list. I am thinking that is better than being on Quinn's shit list!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene, thanks for your encouragement. You're doing a fantastic job, too! Wow, I'm impressed with all your exercise!

Tanya, occasional fast food just happens as a matter of necessity sometimes (in my book, anyway.) You did a great job with all you got done PLUS buying a bunch of "green" veggies. Way to go! What's "qwertyitis" ? I'm sensing that's a joke.

Joanna! You got your license finally and got some other life goals done! Congrats. Put the cookies behind you (mine ALWAYS go there--on my behind. LOL) and start fresh today. As long as you don't make a habit of it every day during the holidays, you'll get through OK.

Tori, great job yesterday!

Rose, congrats to you for having two lbs. off YOUR little hiccup. And,
OMG, you're TOTALLY green. So glad to read you enjoyed such a relaxing day and made nutritious food to boot.

Main80, yeah, finding the double recorded avocado really made me feel better. As long as I AVERAGE 25g for the week or don't go too badly over, I'll be satisfied with my effort.

Ruby, thanks for updating us on your pregnancy. Have you chosen a name for your baby boy? Best wishes on the glucose test. Let us know how it turned out. It's very common for people with high blood sugar issues to have weight problems because excess carbohydrates convert to sugar in one's body and are then stored as fat if not burned off.

Mary, enjoy that new flooring and Christmas decorating. We've been
very fortunate the past couple years on workers/repairmen cleaning up after themselves. I can understand late arrivals on condition that they call me and let me know they're running late. I've read that five pounds is the average holiday gain. Did I miss it? Are you going on a cruise? Congrats on being so close to your goal weight!

Amy, what a wonderful way to spend the snow day with all the kids--making Christmas cookies. Way to go on the extra exercise!

Quinn, so sorry 'bout the stress you've been under lately. I thought all the "Peggies" were in Ohio--guess not. Hope this coming weekend will bring you lots more relaxation. Wow, congrats on being up only one pound from your pre-Thanksgiving weight! Great job on your report--you can easily make up for that little veggie/fruit hiccup yesterday. (I like that hiccup reference Rose made--very fitting.)

Terri, thanks for your encouragement. You're not doing so bad yourself under very busy circumstances. I put notes all over and even set my supplements on the kitchen table and still forget to take them sometimes. LOL Best wishes on getting the new job. Keep us posted!

I gotta go--running behind. Will be back for more catching up later.

Last edited by Mern; 12-01-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Goodmorning just a quick Hi I got my chorizo now I am off to pick up my hiking partner. It's not looking to nice out but so far it's not raining and I am very grateful we do not have snow like Quinn & Amy Have a great day I will be back later all full and sleepy from my jambalaya carb fest I did buy whole grain pasta and rice hopefully no one cares but hey it's a free meal for them so they better keep their opinion to themselves even if they do care.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Couldn't quite get around to posting after reading all the updates this morning so here it is:

Diet & Fitness
1.) 80oz water (coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count)
M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
2.) Carbs less than 30%
M=N (33%), T=N (40%) W=Y
3.) Protein @ 90g
M=N (78g), T=Y (116) W=N (76g)
4.) 1 (or less) glass of beer or wine w/dinner
M=N(3). T=N (2), W=N(2)
5.) 2 servings of fruit per day
M=Y, T=Y W=N (1)
6.) No white foods
M=Y, T=Y, W+Y
7.) 2 yoga, 2 X-fit, (possible race on Sunday)
M=rest day, T=Y (crossfit), W=Y (yoga)

Work & Home:
8.) Finish booking Feb X-C train trip
M=Y train from LA to Montana, 3days ski, train back. Can’t wait!
9.) Get rat exterminator estimate
M=Y (yikes…expensive), T+=Y signed papers (kitties are on strike, won’t do their job)
10.) Finish presents for east coast relatives
11.) Chip tree branches
12.) Wash patio windows
13.) Get decorations down and up
T=Y (down out of the garage rafters
14.) Start cleaning out the garage rafters.
T=Y well started
15.) Offer gratitude every morning.
M=all is well in my world, T=N just forgot, W=Y
Haven't gotten as far along on the home stuff as I had hope (don't let the green fool ya - that's from earlier in the week).
Diet and food has been so,so. But we're on track today.
Just a couple of quick notes:
Re: insurance. I have a colleague that is sure all insurance is a scam. I am quite fond of her, but she is one of the people who always looks for worst and therefore usually finds it. 2 weeks ago her house was broken into abut $6000 worth of stuff was take + her truck. The truck was found with only minimal damage and while she was sure that her home owners was going to refuse payment, it looks like she will get full replacement value (minus deductable) for everything!
Amy: find that teapot... can't get through the winter w/o one.
Joanna: look at that green!
Rose: Happy hippidy birthday to Chico, I bet he's looking like quite the sport.
Tanya: I looks like things are going better today, but you know we all have good days and bad days.
Quinn: congrats on the friendly scale
Terri: good luck with the job. 2 years is better than no years, and if I recall it will take you closer to home.
Mern: How's the GD these days?
Ruby: ickk, I hope the tests went well, but even if they weren't quite what you hoped for, it is much better to know what's going on rather than being in the dark.
Back to work for me. Getting lots of administrivia done yeah!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.