Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Tori ... I used to be a hardcore full flavor Mt Dew drinker. I quit that and went to diet sodas when my hubby was diagnosed with Diabetes. Now I have it limited to one can per day and have actually forgotten to drink my can on a few occassions now. You will get it under control too. I have faith in it! ... Also, thank you for sharing your story. It feels so good sometimes to just get that stuff off your mind. It also helps me to know where you are coming from in life. Not that it really matters but it helps me to feel more connected to you.
I've never been a regular Mt. Dew fan, it was Pepsi or Dr. Pepper for me. I switched to diets about the same time I was diagnosed with the Graves, I was also told that I was prediabetic and to cut my carbs and sugars. I'm happy to say that I was able to avoid the big D, and have stuck with the Dt Dew. I'm trying to limit myself to one a day, and I can definitely tell when I don't have it at all, I get MASSIVE headaches from the lack of caffeine. I don't typically tell "my story", I'm the 'it's my issue and I don't want to burden you with it' type of person. But it did help just to vent it all once and for all. I get what you're saying about not that it matters, but it helps know where I come from.

ANYWAY......

1--eat no more than 1300 calories a day: M-YES T-YES W-YES
2--drink NO MORE THAN ONE DIET MOUNTAIN DEW A DAY, no exceptions: M-no T-YES W-YES
3--exercise at least 5 days: M-YES T-nope, I got lazy W-YES
4--cut back on the carbs: M-YES T-YES W-YES
5--log absolutely everything: M-YES T-YES W-YES
6--DO NOT DRINK A 2nd DIET MOUNTAIN DEW (I have a bit of a problem): M-no T-YES W-YES
7--lose at least 2lbs: M-up 2 lbs????? gotta be retaining water from the excess sodium from the Dt Dew T-at my weight prior to Monday, back on track W-holding steady for the time being...I'll take it as long as it doesn't go up
Old 11-30-2011, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

So, there may or may not have been a major cookie incident at my apartment tonight. And for no apparent reason than that I decided there needed to be cookies. A lot of them. In my belly.

1.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1360/1674/2473
2.) Exercise 3 times: 1
3.) Drink water!: not great/not great/alright
4.) Get my PA license: Done
5.) Get PA car registration underway
--a.) Go to DMV: Done
--b.) Get inspected: Scheduled
6.) Get oil changed/tires and battery looked at: Scheduled
7.) Figure out my stupid phone: Done
8.) Go to hair place to ask about stuff: Done
9.) Do Astro 502 HW by Wed.: Done
Old 11-30-2011, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

UGH. I'm exhausted—was out running various errands for 5-1/2 hrs today. came home and put a truckload of groceries away, ate dinner (fast food; not something we do frequently but tonight it was the only way we were gonna eat dinner before DD's bedtime, so I caved), and responded to business emails; it's now after 10pm here. again, I say UGH. so while today was very productive in non-dietary areas, otherwise it was one of those days you just chalk up as a loss and move on.

quick report on my goals for today:

1) drink alkaline water except w/meals and supplements
Tues goal 2L; actual 1.5L
Wed goal 2L (carry-over from yesterday); actual 500ml (BLAH)

2) eat at least one meal this week that's 60-80% raw "green" veggies
Tues no
Wed no

on the up side, one of the things I did while I was out for so long today was some MAJOR grocery shopping—I bought lots and LOTS of "green" veggies and several gallons of distilled water, YAY!! tomorrow's gonna be a much better day, I can just feel it!

but tonight, I'm exhausted and need to go to bed before I end up w/an acute case of qwertyitis LOL g'night!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:21 PM
FitDay Member

Amy Thanks for sharing your story and I think it's great that your mom still gives back I agree when you really need help and strangers and friends come through for you it’s pretty special.

April My daughter makes 11 cookies Oatmeal/raisin, chocolate chip, snicker doodles, ribbon cookies, chocolate brownie cookies, coconut chews, peanut butter, cinnamon spice, cherry cheesecake, meringues and sugar cookies. The sugar cookies are the hardest but the 1st people to order get them she makes 500 max as they are really time consuming to decorate she does snowflakes, candy canes, stockings, holly leaves, Christmas trees and this year fish as she had a special order for 100 Christmas fish from my cousin who works for the fisheries dept. for their annual Christmas party. Awesome job on the exercise this morning.

Tanya Good try on your water I love how you are carrying over what you don’t drink today to tomorrow, enjoy all your veggies.

Terri My hubby does end up with most of the reno work I am full of great ideas and plans he needs to execute. I love to shop for all the supplies and I also enjoy painting but truth be told he complains about having to do the jobs but that’s half of the enjoyment for him and he loves his finished work. Your bf sounds like a sweetheart and I agree sometimes calories are not what’s most important at dinner.

April Lol your response to Terri’s post was perfect.

Quinn I hope your evening got better that was a good rant, I hope your billing is correct, banks can make the nicest person crazy. I have gotten in the habit of treating myself to salsa and flax seed, whole grain tortilla chips and avocado for dinner whenever hubby isn’t home. I love it so it seems like a big treat but still filling enough to call dinner and since I am looking forward to it I sit down and eat instead of grazing like I used to when he skipped dinner so maybe you have a favorite you can call a meal that really isn’t. I just got to your post about your fil, I hope your glass of wine helps it usually helps me.

Mern Great job on avoiding the candy you are a green machine.

Main80 I missed you last night I even checked back after I posted but I was also happy because it meant you made your sleeping goal. I had a great time out with my parents we went to a winter farmers market where I got some free range chickens and leeks strange combo but it is winter so you take what you can get. I am making homemade jambalaya tomorrow night for dinner and the more the word spreads the larger my pot is getting I am expecting 11 guests as of tonight. I need to get up and out early tomorrow there is a butcher who makes amazing homemade sausage and I need some spicy chorizo but he sells out fast and I am hiking at 1030 so I need to be at his door before that.

Mike I love that you and everyone else posts honestly it’s what makes this place important to me I feel like I am really making friends not just chatting to strangers who don’t really care to share who they are or get to know me. The world could use a little more “real” and a lot less “everything’s great”” fake smile”.

Rose I have envy of your day it sounds really nice and relaxing. The bowtie will be soooo cute and you can never go wrong with treats. My daughter loves to bake before she got too sick to work she had finished her baking courses and was baking full time she loved it. The baking at home gives her a sense of purpose and the huge Christmas orders make so many people happy it’s a win win situation unless you are me and want to use the kitchen I literally have to give her notice.

Tori Lots of green good job.

Joanna I think if I had to go to the dmv, get my car inspected and figure out my stupid phone I might have needed a cookie or six too.

Ok It’s really hard to catch up when I miss my morning read, sorry if I missed anyone. It’s after midnight and my alarm is set for 7 and I haven’t even found pj’s yet so I need to sleep.

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.8, T=0, W= 4k
Gym 2 days: 0, 0, 0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=0, W=Walk
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1369, T=1399, W= 1247
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -836, T=-550, W= -805
Christmas prep everyday: M= Gift bought for friend and secret santa gift, Christmas cards finished. T= Hampers made and ready to deliver. W= Found a screwdriver set for son to move out with instead of taking hubbys.
Blessings: The ability to spend time with family and enjoy it.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:24 PM
FitDay Member

Main You better be sleeping or you have really messed up bed before midnight lol.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Pam, I've tried ear plugs, my GF usually scoffs at me when I do, as if it bothers her.

Amy, how did you find out about the suicide. I really want to know the history of my house. About 5 minutes ago I heard a loud crashing sound in the kitchen, Chloe and I went in there but nothing was disturbed. I even checked in the fridge and freezer to see if something fell, nope.
Weird. You might have some acoustic issues going on. We live 1/2 way down a valley and occasionally hear really strange noises that knock down through the land form, and because the noise is echoing back and forth, it sounds like it's coming from the wrong direction or was generated inside the house.

My parents bought the farm from the woman's widower, who continued to live in the house for 15-20 years after his wife committed suicide. The person that actually told my parents about it first was the real estate agent that sold them the house. The agent should know too, as he has lived across the street his entire life. It was sort of funny because he was sitting in his office with them showing them various papers on the available houses in the area and told them straight out that this one had been the scene of a suicide in the early 60's and some folks think the house is haunted. My parents are only the 3rd owners of the house, even though it was built in 1873, the previous 2 owners were members of the same family. Which I suppose explains why he was reluctant to sell it after his wife died.

I can't tell you anything about the owners of your house, but if you PM me exterior photos of it, and some of the interior details (specifically original carpentry, framing, windows, nails, etc) I can probably pin down a time frame for when the house was constructed and tell you what style(s) it is. Also there should be a document down at the title office called an "abstract" which is a record of any financial agreements on the property, it usually contains a list of previous owners plus dates when loans were taken out against the mortgage, stuff like that. And once you have the abstract you can find out all sorts of information about the previous owners, you might even be able to find out who built the house.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-30-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Terri ... Your BF sounds like a keeper. That was so sweet of him to set up an at home dinner date. I wouldn't worry about those calories either. I'm sure you could think of some way to burn them off and thank him for the dinner all at once.
LOL, yes I'd say that warrants a frisky game of "squirrels in the attic" . I agree, there are people in my life that are really quick to ruin an event by complaining about the contents of the plate. It's really better to be able to roll with it, at least sometimes anyway.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, that sucks. Do you think is possible that the popup may have been bogus, or worse yet, a virus that caused your computer to crash?
  1. cable company
  2. banks
  3. insurance company
So is this the order of you shit list? If so, I feel better.
Dude you missed "husband", he's on the shit list too.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Been trying to catch up. I'm 28 weeks along now, we're having a boy! I've been feeling good except I get so tired by Wed and spend all Wed-Thurs-Fri trying to move as little as possible at work and keep my Braxton-Hicks contractions at bay, then I spend all Sat and Sun trying to rest and catch up on house chores.

I barely missed the "passing" cut off on my first gestational diabetes test -- you have to drink 400 cals of glucose in the form of orange syrup and then sit for an hour and then have your blood drawn to check for blood sugar levels.

So now I'm at the lab for a THREE hour test.Fast for 14 hours, draw blood then chug 400 cals of orange syrup, then get my blood drawn once an hour for three hours. Ugh! Plus, what a waste of calories! Why can't I have a huge starbucks eggnog frappe thingie w chocolate shavings and whipped cream instead!!! ;P I've always had fairly high blood sugar and triglycerides when these things get tested, though.

I wonder if people who have higher blood sugar issues tend to have eating/weight issues more than people who don't? Would make sense if so.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning. Just thought I'd check in and say I'm lurking this week - reading your posts but not doing well on reporting in. Had guys in putting down vinyl and carpet. It's nice to know there are still some people who do a good job and arrive on time. Trim will be done today then I'll start my Christmas decorating.

Keep up the good work all. I wonder how the holiday season average weight gain compares with a cruise? I've heard 7 pounds is the average gain on a cruise. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.