Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 11-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Something wonderful today: Finally got brave and stepped on the scale. I'm only 3 lbs. heavier than I was on October 26. Not nearly as bad as I thought.
Haha, I gained that last WEEK.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
What were your calories?
I had 1172 cals yesterday, changed the average already... must have been asleep when I wrote that.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Haha, I gained that last WEEK.
And look how well you're doing now working it off!

DH needs the computer. I'll try to get back on later.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

After yesterdays talk on the TV show, I have been tempted to watch episode after episode! I love Jenniffers perfectly manicured nails! But Almeeker you need to travel in a motorbike, its a must!

Mern, all green again! Congrats and awesome you had a repeat avocado, its great when you find out you actually had less carbs/calories. And your gain is totally manageable, you can rebound from that!

Tori, sorry you had a rough day at work, but you did great on your goals! Unload all you want, sometimes it just helps to write something down just to get it out.

Quinn, good day yesterday! Hope you manage to have a good evening.

Rose, kudos for waking up early and going to the gym! You rock! Hope you get to go to the hot yoga! Thanks for sharing your dad's story, those are difficult moments.

Pam, hope the exterminators get rid of the roof rats!

Almeeker, you are getting back on track which is important and you had an excellent deficit yesterday, you should be proud!

Mike, you had a great goal day! Sorry to hear about your mom's story, but thanks for sharing it.

Tanya, you are close to your water goal, keep at it.

Darlene, sorry I missed my late night post Hope you are having a lovely day with your parents.

April, hope you remember to watch it! Great going on your exercise.

Terri, your dinner date sounds lovely! And even if estimated your calories are right on the mark. Hope your day at work ended better.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Main80, I wasn't sure about posting it b/c I didn't want to be a downer.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday check-in

Well, I had a very lazy lazy day and quite frankly I don't feel bad about it one bit. I was in my pj's until about 2pm. I took a super long walk with my pooch because it was unseasonably mild here today and met a friend for tea. Then I came back home, cooked some lovely healthy dishes, had a nice salmon dinner and am going to spend the evening watching TV and reading. I haven't had a day like this since....well... I can't remember the last time! I guess I needed it. I did really well on protein and ate really healthy food today. Now I'm going to have a lavender tea and give my dog some treats because his begging is out of control.

My health goals:

1. No added sugar. YES/ YES/ YES
2. No white flour. YES/ YES/ YES
3. Maximum 1500 calories per day. 1405/ 1033/ 1093
4. Drink min. 2 litres of water per day. DONE/ DONE/ DONE
5. Take vitamins. YES/ YES/ YES
6. Exercise 5 hours. 40 min.
7. Log everything.YES/ YES/ YES
8. Achieve a 5000 calorie deficit. M: -732/ T: -1373/ W: -1044

Darlene, I got Chico a bow tie to wear on his birthday. He looks very handsome. As for his present, I'm not sure what I'll get him. Stuffed animals and treats are his two favourite things in the world, so maybe I'll go with those. So your daughter makes cookies on order? Wow, I can't even begin to imagine baking over 2000 cookies!

Amy, thanks for your kind words! And way to go on the swimming. If I weren't so embarrassed about my body, I would go too. But my gym is crawling with people I know and I'd be mortified to be seen in a bathing suit.

April, I heard that you actually burn 30% more calories when you walk in the cold! Way to go on getting out there and facing the freezing cold! Talk about determination.

Terri, thanks for the shout out about my quitting the sugar and white flour. It's honestly not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm curious to see what happens at Christmas though. Your boyfriend sounds like such a sweetheart. That was really nice of him to surprise you with dinner by candlelight. And you are so right about calories not being as important as enjoying life. I am reading a really great book right now about food addiction and you have exactly the right attitude, not giving the food power over you.

Mike, I feel the exact same way you do today. I just didn't feel like doing too much. Maybe because I have spent the last 4 months working and running around like crazy. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your little nap with the adorable Mytsie.

Quinn, what you described with the cable company and the bank makes my blood boil. I would have lost it! Kudos to you for being so patient.

Mern, good for you for getting on the scale and I am thrilled to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. 3 pounds is a tiny little hiccup. I gained 3.8 pounds and have already lost 2 of them just by cutting out the sugar and white flour. I hadn't even done any exercise last week. It's encouraging! And congrats on all your GREEN!

Main80, thanks for the kudos. I am definitely going to try the hot yoga next week. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Rose, I never did take a nap with her. I started messing around on the computer and before I knew it a lot of time went by. I may still try for 30 minutes though.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, that sucks. Do you think is possible that the popup may have been bogus, or worse yet, a virus that caused your computer to crash?

cable company
banks
insurance company

So is this the order of you shit list? If so, I feel better.
LOL!!!!! Yes, that's the order of my list. If I had an agent like you, "insurance company" wouldn't be on there. My agent unfortunately retired and I was pawned off to a... well, I can't say what I really want to call her. I can't stand her. I thought our old agent looked out for us. This one is just looking to make a buck and doesn't really care what's in our best interest. God help us if we have to file a claim! By the way, the pop-up was legit. I had been researching prices on their website a week ago, and that's why it popped up.

By the way, I'm glad that you shared the story about your mom... Experiences like those make us the strong, wise people that we are today, right? I've had similar things in my life. But as crazy as it sounds, I'm thankful for them because those times made me incredibly strong, patient, nurturing and thankful. I've found in my own life that the people who have suffered the most, are the most understanding and kind when things go wrong. They've been there and they know what to do. Your mom raised a good boy.

As far as being patient, I was really good with the cable incident... (I won't be if my bill is screwed up!) Hubby already let me have it for dropping HBO/Cinemax... oh well, he'll get over it. But, the bank was a different story. I may or may not have let loose on her..... again, she'll get over it. I lost it when she tried to save the account and told me how much better they were than where I do my banking (...my husband's bank!). We started this account for my daughter before he got his position there. Yeah, I kind of told her (while smiling, of course) what I thought of her bank, in front of about 6 people.

FIL just called while I was writing this and screwed up all of my plans for Christmas! Now, I'll have another thing to discuss with husband over a late dinner... ugh... May not post numbers until morning...

(Where did I put that bottle of wine and my "scream pillow"???)
Old 11-30-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I hear ya. I spent way too much time messing around on the computer today.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Quinn for the kind words. My GF was in the same situation last year when her State Farm agent retired. The agent she got is a real douche bag, that's actually a compliment for him. I quoted my GF & her daughter and we were $13 a year higher. She didn't want to make the switch. You have no idea how close I was to kicking her ass to the curb! My GF of 7 years was willing to give her business to a DB over me over $13, really? Now they are on my policy and I've been paying it. Not like I was going to make much money it was just a slap in my face! I still can't believe that she'd even consider staying with him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.