Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 11-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

I am waaay deficient, I hope I can make it through the night! 40g (total carbs) today came from a 1/2 serving of oatmeal for breakfast and my post workout banana.

Health & Fitness

1) Lose 2 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes
3) Gallon of water yes, yes
4) 3000 calories deficient -982, -1425
5) Walk 13 miles 0, 0
6) 1 cheat meal clean, clean
7) Gym x 3 0, 1
8) No Bread 0, 0
9) Net Carbs less than 65g/day 31.2g, 64.5g
10) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed. Update in the morning) yes
11) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes, yes
b) Vitamin yes, yes
c) Glucosamine yes, yes
d) Fluoride rise yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
12) Write 3 policies 0, 1
Old 11-29-2011, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
The grocery store here (Winn Dixie) has fuel perks with Shell. They add up for the month but my GF always uses it. Well we are up to $1.00 off per gallon and it expires tomorrow. She's leaving me the card for it, There is a Shell station in town that is $3.00/gal, so I'll be getting it for $2.00/gal
The grocery chain I work for here (Bi-Lo) is the only company in our market area that does the fuelperks! program. We also have some of the cheapest gas prices in the country (thank heavens to betsy), and the Spinx station I go to also has a seperate cheaper price if you pay cash, so the last time I used my fuelperks I only paid $1.92 a gallon. It felt good to fill up for under $35, until I remembered when gas was cheap enough to fill the tank up twice for that same amount!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, good for you on leaving the possible murder victim to HR. And way to go on that Mt. Dew today. I know a lot of people who have trouble curbing their desire for that. Did you notice you and I started at about the same weight? Only I started last year and I'm sure I've regained some. Will weigh in next Monday, maybe and change the weight in my signature.
Yeah, I decided not killing would be the better of the options. I've also been told that I can't even threaten death or dismemberment, but they haven't said anything about throwing things and kicking people. Maybe that'll be what I start doing when people get on my nerves. And there were plenty of them to get on my nerves today. It started at 7:30 this morning, went through lunch (I think I finally remembered to eat around 2) and continued until I said to hell with it at 4:45. Tomorrow will be a better day, I'M OFF!!!!

I definitely wanted the extra Dew today, but was a good girl. I also wanted to break down and buy a pack of cigs but that habit has long been quit. I'm hoping that my weight will start to gradually come off. It's been a long hard struggle most of my life. I was always the heavy one in terms of my brother and me, and growing up with him was tough. I love him dearly and would gladly lay my life down for him, but there were times when I doubted he even cared for me. As adults we have a much better relationship, and his wife is one of my dearest friends (in fact we were friends before they ever met). It's just never come easy for me to be the "healthy" one in the family.

I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 16 and Graves Disease at 26. I initially lost 70lbs in 6 months with the Graves, but was in a really unhealthy relationship and didn't take care of myself the way that I should have, and because of that relationship I gained all 70lbs back.

When I did finally decide to take care of myself and get treatment for my wacky wacky thyroid, I went WAY hypo....and on top of the original weight I had gained back, I gained another 25lbs on top of it. I had pretty much given up, and then a little more than 3 weeks ago I woke up and was just done with it. I was done living a life that was half fulfilled. I've always known there was a thin, healthy person inside me. Now I'm ready to find out the woman she'll be. It's going to be a daily struggle, and I'm going to have my ups and downs. Only now, I'm ready to face those struggles head on, instead of running and eating to mask the pain. For the first time in my life, I'm doing somemthing for ONLY ME! It seems selfish at times, knowing that I'm telling this person or that person no for one reason or another, but I've come to the conclusion that I only have one body, and for 34 years I've put it through hell by not taking care of it, and now I'm going to try and get back some of that lost time.

Whew, didn't mean to unload!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 PM
FitDay Member

okay, quick check-in before I knock off for the night:

1) drink alkaline water except w/meals and supplements
Tues goal 2L; actual 1.5L (I got a late start, dangit, but I was close!)

2) eat at least one meal this week that's nothing but raw "green" veggies
Tues no

so...not off to a fantastic start, but not completely horrible, either. at least it's a start, right?? g'night!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:53 PM
FitDay Member

Tanya That’s pretty cool I have never met anyone who shares your career choice is there a lot of work in voice overs, the bed is pretty awesome also to bad my kids are all grown.

Main80 Thanks for the link it’s a great memory.

Mern We did two hampers this year. One for an older lady at church who has recently gone onto disability and seems really disheartened by her inability to afford baking goods on her new lower income and she is one of those ladies who always brings baking everywhere she goes. Her hamper we did completely around baking so flour, oats, sugars, chocolate, baking powder etc. My concern with this one is carrying it to her house as one of our lovely ladies purchased huge costco sized flour and sugar so I will get my exercise dropping it off. The other hamper is for a family who my daughter knows, Hubby works full time as an Assistant manager at a 7-11 and they have 3 kids 7, 4 and 3 months and they are struggling to put food on the table. We did a whole Christmas dinner, turkey and all the fixings and staples like pasta, rice, cereal and lots of canned fruit and vegetables. When we were a young family someone helped us out one Christmas and it was a blessing I will never forget. I did not eat any cookies I find sugar cookies easy to resist unlike last week’s oatmeal raisin, what did me in today was the holly berry candies I put on the table for guests coming and no exercise.

Rose Yeah on your work out! 15 is a good old age for a dog what will you get him for his b-day. My hubbys Christmas party is the 10th so we will both be logging Christmas goodies. My daughter has orders for 2050 cookies all need to be complete before the 10th for pickup so she’s been a busy baker for the last week but she loves it, the real challenge is for us trying to work around her and to not eat them.

Mike I am sorry for your loss. Speaking as a Mom I am sure she was grateful you were there, you decision was not selfish. Nice job on your goals today.

Pam One rat in the kitchen would = exterminator tomorrow for me. Lol at your cats not caring to catch rats mine won’t kill anything either we obviously feed them to well.

Amy way to go on all the exercise.

Gas is cheaper in America I am paying$ 1.29 a liter approximately $ 4.7 a gallon.

Tori Great job on resisting the Dew. I think it’s great that you are getting healthy for yourself and for your health you really can’t do it for anyone else and be truly successful.

I need to sleep so I can pick my parents up early in the morning but I am wide awake maybe the lack of exercise today or one to many coffees. Goodnight all have a great Wednesday.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.8, T=0
Gym 2 days: 0, 0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=0
Squats 5 days: M=Y, M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1369, T=1399
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -836, T=-550
Christmas prep everyday: M= Gift bought for friend and secret santa gift, Christmas cards finished. T= Hampers made and ready to deliver.
Blessings: Even when times seem financially tight we still have so much more than many.

Last edited by dar n; 11-29-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I think is was/is Amy who has noted that when she doesn't eat carbs in the morning her whole day goes better, so I think you may be on to something there.
Actually I eat carbs, just not grain based carbs. Which is really sad, because I adore toast.

Originally Posted by Mern
Amy "developing a rich inner life" LOL. I'm often teased about HAVING to look up stuff so that I can have the last word and be right. LOL
We might just be related you and I, LOL.

I haven't tried the ear plugs lately, I've been turning the TV way down though.
The best ear plugs hands down are Splash Puppies, I carry a pair or two in my purse at all times. You just never know when the girls are going to want them for a swim meet or I'm going to have to go to some sort of crazy Girl Scout sleepover thing. "Sleep" over, as if...

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
These things are roof rats (actually native to SoCal, unlike the brown rats) and they like to live in the insulation in the attic. (Also trees, expecially palm trees for some reason) The cats are very good at keeping rodents out of the house (unless, they are the ones that bring them in), but there is no way to get them up through the hatch to patrol the attic (at least that we can figure out ).

They don't really get into food or anything, but they are quite noctural and like to throw big parties in the attic while we are trying to sleep - it is a little creepy knowing that something is living in the house uninvited!
Geesh, I'm glad to say that I've never had to deal with California roof rats. DH and I had a family of squirrels that lived in the attic above our kitchen one winter. They were also nocturnal and um randy. I kid you not, those squirrels were doing the nasty up there morning, noon and night. We finally did catch them using a live trap on the roof, but they are not nearly so smart as rats. I wonder if there is such a thing as a California roof cat?

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Mike, I was holding my dad's hand when he died too. He had ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and he was completely paralyzed. He could only move his eyes for the last 3 weeks of his life. It was horrific and traumatizing. He specified verbally and in a living will that he did not want to be kept alive by any machines and yet he was hooked up to a feeding tube. It was I who talked him into getting that feeding tube. I felt a lot of guilt about that and I still do to a certain extent but Mike, your mom had cancer. She was dying and you were heart broken, overwhelmed with grief and sadness. Please don't feel bad about whatever decisions you made under those circumstances. Your mom knows the only thing motivating you in that moment was love. Parents know these things. You're a sweet son and she was a lucky lady to have you.

So now, yes, that is definitely enough of that, I don't even know what city the "Saints" are from but yeah how about those Saints!

I have to agree Mike, you did the very best thing you could do. My deepest sympathy goes out to both of you, losing a parent so young in life is a great tragedy I wish neither of you had experienced. But it does seem like both of you have focused on healing and have probably been helpful to others in that situation.

Now how about those New Orleans Saints! Whoo hooo!!!

Last edited by almeeker; 11-29-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Mern We did two hampers this year. One for an older lady at church who has recently gone onto disability and seems really disheartened by her inability to afford baking goods on her new lower income and she is one of those ladies who always brings baking everywhere she goes. Her hamper we did completely around baking so flour, oats, sugars, chocolate, baking powder etc. My concern with this one is carrying it to her house as one of our lovely ladies purchased huge costco sized flour and sugar so I will get my exercise dropping it off. The other hamper is for a family who my daughter knows, Hubby works full time as an Assistant manager at a 7-11 and they have 3 kids 7, 4 and 3 months and they are struggling to put food on the table. We did a whole Christmas dinner, turkey and all the fixings and staples like pasta, rice, cereal and lots of canned fruit and vegetables. When we were a young family someone helped us out one Christmas and it was a blessing I will never forget. I did not eat any cookies I find sugar cookies easy to resist unlike last week’s oatmeal raisin, what did me in today was the holly berry candies I put on the table for guests coming and no exercise.
That's very cool that you do that, and I love it that you take the time to figure out what really needs to go into the hampers. Isn't it funny how a single event in your life can have such a lasting impact? When I was about 3 we were robbed right before Christmas. We lived in an apartment building on a military base, it wasn't the apartment that was robbed, but the storage cages in the basement. Our cage contained a few pieces of old luggage and several boxes of Christmas presents from our family in the States. Anyway, my parents filled out a police report along with all the other tenants and somehow or another a drive was organized to replace the things that had been stolen. That was one insane Christmas morning, TOYS EVERYWHERE. Ever since my mom has secretly taken on a family that needs a little help, and she takes her elf duties very seriously.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-29-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

I'm jealous of all the cheap gas, we're paying about $3.60-3.75 here in Michigan, which is at least cheaper than the $4.25-5.00 we paid this past summer. We do have some stores with fuel rewards, but the local grocery store is pretty stingy, and only gives out $.05 off/gallon for every $50 spent. Since I only spend $50-100 there at a time, it's not that much incentive to buy their gas which is usually $.03 -.05 more than the station across the street.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I'm way under on my calories and about to head to the gym.

Thanks Rose. This is for you are anyone one that has lost a friend or loved one (pets included).
Thanks Mike. You're a peach.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Diet & Fitness
1.) 80oz water (coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count)
M=Y, T=Y
2.) Carbs less than 30%
M=N (33%), T=N (40%)
3.) Protein @ 90g
M=N (78g), T=Y (116)
4.) 1 (or less) glass of beer or wine w/dinner
M=N(3). T=N (2)
5.) 2 servings of fruit per day
M=Y, T=Y
6.) No white foods
M=Y, T=Y
7.) 2 yoga, 2 X-fit, (possible race on Sunday)
M=rest day, T=Y (crossfit)

Work & Home:
8.) Finish booking Feb X-C train trip
M=Y train from LA to Montana, 3days ski, train back. Can’t wait!
9.) Get rat exterminator estimate
M=Y (yikes…expensive), T+=Y signed papers (kitties are on strike, won’t do their job)
10.) Finish presents for east coast relatives
11.) Chip tree branches
12.) Wash patio windows
13.) Get decorations down and up
T=Y (down out of the garage rafters
14.) Start cleaning out the garage rafters.
T=Y well started
15.) Offer gratitude every morning.
M=all is well in my world, T=N just forgot

Not too bad. Not sure where the carbs came in.. they are sneaky little devils.

Hey Tori, unloading is why we are here. You know, doing this for yourself is really the only way to go. I am really impressed with your resolve. Many (if not most) would have thrown in the towel - but not you .

Tanya... baby steps girl. You'll get back in the swing soon enough.

Everyone else: have a productive, but peaceful day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.