Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
I went to the gym today!!!! I actually woke up at 5:30am and hauled my ass to the gym for 7am sharp and did 35 minutes on the cross trainer. It's not a huge workout but I really feel like I am back on the wagon! I'm also looking into a hot yoga class that is very close to my work and they offer lunch hour classes so I'm hoping to squeeze in 2 of those per week.

So for some reason, I didn't eat all that much today. It's weird. I think not eating sugar or white flour is really making a huge impact on my satiety. I just don't feel hungry like I used to and I feel full faster when I eat.
Way to go on the gym. Here's hoping the the inertia is over and you will continue. I totally agree about getting up and out when it is dark. About the only way I can bring myself to do it is when I have agreed to meet a friend for some activity. I've done lots of running at the break of dawn that way, but I don't think I have ever started a run all by myself in dark.

I think is was/is Amy who has noted that when she doesn't eat carbs in the morning her whole day goes better, so I think you may be on to something there.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Pam, I've tried ear plugs, my GF usually scoffs at me when I do, as if it bothers her.
Ummm, maybe it is time to pull on the big boy briefs and ignore her scoffs, rolly, and evil eyes, and just follow your instincts... I'm just say'n
Old 11-29-2011, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Amy "developing a rich inner life" LOL. I'm often teased about HAVING to look up stuff so that I can have the last word and be right. LOL

Going to bed early. Will catch up with the rest of you tomorrow.

Goodnight, y'all!
Old 11-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Ummm, maybe it is time to pull on the big boy briefs and ignore her scoffs, rolly, and evil eyes, and just follow your instincts... I'm just say'n
I haven't tried the ear plugs lately, I've been turning the TV way down though.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Pam, my parents had rats, the little buggers moved in during an addition/renovation project. Anyway they tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them, and I mean EVERYTHING, poison Doritos, Exlax, traps, smoke in the hole, etc etc. Nothing worked until they borrowed a cat. Within 48 hours the rats had moved out completely. The cat didn't even catch any rats, but rats won't live near them for any reason. Surely you could cat sit for a few days, you might even get paid rather than shell out a fortune.

".
These things are roof rats (actually native to SoCal, unlike the brown rats) and they like to live in the insulation in the attic. (Also trees, expecially palm trees for some reason) The cats are very good at keeping rodents out of the house (unless, they are the ones that bring them in), but there is no way to get them up through the hatch to patrol the attic (at least that we can figure out ).

They don't really get into food or anything, but they are quite noctural and like to throw big parties in the attic while we are trying to sleep - it is a little creepy knowing that something is living in the house uninvited!

So I am glad your parent managed to get rid of theirs
Old 11-29-2011, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I was holding her hand when she died. It was the hardest thing that I ever had to deal with. Mentally I beat myself up over it, b/c she was in so much pain (she was dying of bone cancer) and she asked me to give her her pain meds again. She had recently had it and I knew that if I were to give it to her again it would probably kill her, so I didn't. Right about then she reached over, grabbed my hand and started to cry, then she died, right there. It was the toughest situation that I've ever been faced with it and I've often thought that I made the wrong decision. I can only hope that the next time that I see her, she'll forgive me for being selfish.

Okay enough about that. How about them Saints?!?!
Mike, I was holding my dad's hand when he died too. He had ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and he was completely paralyzed. He could only move his eyes for the last 3 weeks of his life. It was horrific and traumatizing. He specified verbally and in a living will that he did not want to be kept alive by any machines and yet he was hooked up to a feeding tube. It was I who talked him into getting that feeding tube. I felt a lot of guilt about that and I still do to a certain extent but Mike, your mom had cancer. She was dying and you were heart broken, overwhelmed with grief and sadness. Please don't feel bad about whatever decisions you made under those circumstances. Your mom knows the only thing motivating you in that moment was love. Parents know these things. You're a sweet son and she was a lucky lady to have you.

So now, yes, that is definitely enough of that, I don't even know what city the "Saints" are from but yeah how about those Saints!

Old 11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Way to go on the gym. Here's hoping the the inertia is over and you will continue. I totally agree about getting up and out when it is dark. About the only way I can bring myself to do it is when I have agreed to meet a friend for some activity. I've done lots of running at the break of dawn that way, but I don't think I have ever started a run all by myself in dark.

I think is was/is Amy who has noted that when she doesn't eat carbs in the morning her whole day goes better, so I think you may be on to something there.
Thanks Pam! I sure do miss summer. I hate how dark it is in the morning and today it was pitch black out there by 5pm. It sucks but I feel damn good with how my day went today after that workout this morning. I'm doing it again tomorrow! And thanks so much for your support, it means a lot coming from a star athlete such as yourself!

As for the sugar challenge. It lasts for 30 days but I will assess when I get to the end. I might just keep going.

Last edited by mtlgirl; 11-29-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

"5. Carbs 50% or less. 56%, 49%"

Amy, you gave yourself an extra RED mark. That 49% should be green, Darling! Give credit where credit is due and all that.

Wow, you had an active day! WTG!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I'm way under on my calories and about to head to the gym.

Thanks Rose. This is for you are anyone one that has lost a friend or loved one (pets included).
Old 11-29-2011, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Here's my check in for today:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1360/1674
2.) Exercise 3 times: 1
3.) Drink water!: not great/not great
4.) Get my PA license: Done
5.) Get PA car registration underway
--a.) Go to DMV: Done
--b.) Get inspected: Scheduled
6.) Get oil changed/tires and battery looked at: Scheduled
7.) Figure out my stupid phone: Done
8.) Go to hair place to ask about stuff: Done
9.) Do Astro 502 HW by Wed.: Done

Got so hungry after working out today, but I'm not sweating it too much, still had a 1000 calorie deficit for the day!

Rose - good for you working out so early! I've learned I'm not a morning exerciser...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.