Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 11-29-2011, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, It would really be terrible for me not to sleep through the night, that really messes me up for the whole day. But I guess if you have enough energy during the day.

Darlene, nice going on YOUR goals! Avocado def counts for a veggie/fruit, I am craving some right now. And I was well asleep by the time you posted

Mern, you did well on your goals, you are getting back on track quickly! As I said before waking up during the night for anything is horrible so I hope you get an interruption free night.

Almeeker, I am working on my time management Catching up with posts before midnight! St. Mattress and I get along extremely well too, don't get me wrong, as soon as I put my head on the pillow I am gone.

Terri, hope you go to sleep at the right time tonight.

Tanya, glad you are back in the wagon and you are taking it slowly.

Michelle, but the green really stands out! You did well yesterday, now on to that water and vitamins.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Jennifer Paterson, the smaller of the Two Fat Ladies died of cancer on August 10, 1999, one month after her diagnosis of lung cancer. She was often shown smoking and talking with the taller lady, Clarissa Wright, after they were finished cooking.

Rose, yeah, I guess St. Anthony is super busy helping people recover all sorts of stuff lost last weekend on the busiest travel day of the year. Probably lots of stuff lost at hotels and in the sofas of relatives. Mmm, that leftover turkey chili sounds great. I had leftover casserole tonight and 1/4 cup pumpkin puree straight out of the can.

April, that's so sweet that your DH likes to show off your homemaker skills.

Michelle, glad I remembered your name correctly. LOL--your shade of green didn't bother me at all. No luck on the ring yet, but I've not given up hope. I hope you figure out how many calories you want to do, but it looks like you're doing a fantastic job on all the other stuff. I manage my blood sugar, high cholesterol, and high triglycerides through diet alone, with the help of my wonderful new doctor. She does a blood test every four months (used to be three but I'm doing so well that she graduated me to four) so advises me on vitamins and other supplements based on that. My blood tests show I'm deficient only in Vitamin D and I take the fish oil to help reduce my triglycerides and cholesterol. Your doll ghost story would make a really great movie!

Darlene, I hope you have a wonderful get-together with your ladies group. Out of what do you make the hampers and for whom? Best wishes around the cookies!

Tanya, even if I'm behind reading this thread for one day (we're such a yacky group! LOL) it's extremely difficult for me to catch up and reply to everyone I'd like to reply to. Oh, I'm in awe of your voiceover work! You are so talented!

Main80, thanks for your encouragement on my restart. Even when I drink very little I have to get up during the night for a potty break because of having a small bladder. But occasionally (maybe two or three times a year) I get so dog-tired that I do sleep straight through.

Last edited by Mern; 11-29-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
WHAT?! The smaller one died of a heart attack? I had no idea! How sad.
Oops, my bad, Jennifer Paterson died of lung cancer in 1999. Here in the U.S. I'm certain the news reported that she died from cardiac arrest. A friend of mine and I went to lunch that day and toasted her with cocktails, she would have appreciated that.

Oops, Mern beat me to it.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-29-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

UGH could this day get worse? I'd better not say that, cause it always can. At least I didn't murder anyone at work today. I thought about it, and decided it was a HR issue and I really didn't want to have to go through all the hassle. The week diet/exercise wise is starting off well

1--eat no more than 1300 calories a day: M-YES T-YES
2--drink NO MORE THAN ONE DIET MOUNTAIN DEW A DAY, no exceptions: M-I failed miserably T-YES
3--exercise at least 5 days: M-YES T-not yet, but it's on the agenda
4--cut back on the carbs: M-YES T-day isn't over yet but I see no carboloading in the near future
5--log absolutely everything: M-YES T-YES
6--DO NOT DRINK A 2nd DIET MOUNTAIN DEW (I have a bit of a problem): M-no T-YES
7--lose at least 2lbs: M-up 2 lbs????? gotta be retaining water from the excess sodium from the Dt Dew T-at my weight prior to Monday, back on track
Old 11-29-2011, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Oops, my bad, Jennifer Paterson died of lung cancer in 1999. Here in the U.S. I'm certain the news reported that she died from cardiac arrest. A friend of mine and I went to lunch that day and toasted her with cocktails, she would have appreciated that.

Oops, Mern beat me to it.
Amy, I often get so intrigued by a question that I just can't help looking it up on the Internet right away. I thought I'd go nuts on Thanksgiving trying to think of the word a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade commentator misread off the teleprompter. Hours later I called my daughter at home to tell her I finally remembered the comentator said the military choral group performing was COMPROMISED of...instead COMPRISED of...
Old 11-29-2011, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

Another pretty good day... just squeaked in on my calories. So tired... going to call it an early night.

1. Calories under 1200. 1009, 1179
2. 4 fruits and veggies a day. 4, 3 so far. Ran out of calories.
3. 80 oz. of liquids a day. Yes, Yes
4. NO bread until Friday. 0, 2 (I forgot!)
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
6. NO eating after supper... brush your teeth and read something! Yes, Yes
Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, good for you on leaving the possible murder victim to HR. And way to go on that Mt. Dew today. I know a lot of people who have trouble curbing their desire for that. Did you notice you and I started at about the same weight? Only I started last year and I'm sure I've regained some. Will weigh in next Monday, maybe and change the weight in my signature.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, great job today! I'm glad you posted your Tuesday report early--it reminded me that I still need to get in 1 1/2 servings of veggies. Lets see now, that's three bites of a pickle according to our new rules via Mike. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 11-29-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, we are both rocking it, except no bread for me. Day three is always hard for me.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-29-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report was edited after I noticed I counted two servings of avocado instead of one. Still over in carbs, but not as bad as first reported.

Calories 1600 1295, 1058, 1475
Sat fat average 12% of total calories 10%, 5%, 12%
Cholesterol average 300mg 130mg, 81mg, 174 mg
Carbs less fiber 25g 26.7g, 25.1g so I'm calling it green, 23.6g
Fiber 30g 34g, 32g, 37g
Fish oil and vitamin D forgot evening oil, YES, YES
5 servings fruits/veggies YES, YES, YES
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy 0. 0, 0

Water 48 oz.or more YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES

Something wonderful today: Finally got brave and stepped on the scale. I've gained only 3 lbs. since October 26. Not nearly as bad as I thought.

Last edited by Mern; 11-30-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.