Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 12-04-2011, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Pam, congrats on finishing strong. Speaking of cross fit. Have you even seen this guys videos? This dude is big, strong, has great balance and grace. Oh if you want to see something that'll really get you pumped, watch this video!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-04-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Pam, congrats on finishing strong. Speaking of cross fit. Have you even seen this guys videos? This dude is big, strong, has great balance and grace. Oh if you want to see something that'll really get you pumped, watch this video!

OMG those guys are crazy strong! and Matt's incredibly coordinated and flexible. I'm going to forward this onto my coaches THX
Old 12-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

No problem. I figured you'd enjoy it.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation I need opinions here!

I really need some opinions on my Rant Of The Week!

This is going to be long, but please read it if you have the time.

I'm about to dump my workout partner. We've been friends for a few years, been on the same pool team for that same time. We go fishing, hang out at times but as a workout partner he drives me nuts. We've been working out together for a year and a half. After my 1st annual membership expired, I didn't renew it then. Money was really tight so I figured that I'd do P90X again. A few weeks into it, he was begging me to come back. He said that he was barely even going since I wasn't there. He jokingly said that if he had the money, he'd pay for my membership since I was like a personal trainer/motivator to him. I made a few good sales, got caught up on all my bills and signed back up at the gym again. About that time I injured my back, but I continued to go to the gym, not only for my health and well being, but I knew my workout partner needed me (even though I no longer had a "contract"). That's just a background of what's happened. You're probably thinking "What's the problem?". There's not too many issues, but they really bother me! I'll list them in the order in which they piss me off.
  1. He doesn't respect my time
  2. We have to go when it's convenient for him
  3. Sometimes he acts as if he doesn't want to be there
We'll start with # 2 "We have to go when it's convenient for him"
I can't stand to workout late, I don't need to work out at 6am but I don't like having it hanging over my head ALL day. We use to workout at like 7pm, which was fine, I'd prefer to go earlier but I can deal with 7pm. Then on Thursdays he'd want to work out at 9pm b/c him and his wife (now soon-to-be-ex wife) would go out to eat. One day a week I could tolerate but I was still waiting around for him until 9. He knew I hated it (I've told him MANY times). Then he would tell me that they went shopping after they went to eat and it's like "Hey... can we do 9:30?". That started to drive me nuts. Then he started bitching that the gym was too crowded at 7:00 so we started doing 9pm EVERY time.

now # 1 "He doesn't respect my time" He and his soon-to-be-ex still go out to eat (strange I know). I find out that they aren't even going out to eat that late. I sent hm a text a few months ago seeing if he could do 8:30 by some chance. He tells me that they just sat down to eat at McAlisters (a little deli, it's like you are in and out in a 1/2 hour) so he wants to do 9:30. THIS WAS AT 7:00!!!!! I wait and we meet at the gym and I'm like "Dude do you really need to wait 2 hours for your food to digest to go to the gym?" I'm thinking, it's not like we're running an Ironman, we are lifting weights! A couple months ago same thing, they are eating at 7, he can't make it until 9:30. I call and ask him "Is there any way you can make it earlier?" He tells me "No, when we get back, we are going to watch Big Brother." I tell him "Don't you have a DVR? Record it!" He tells me it is recorded. Now I'm pissed. I'm sitting here day in and day out waiting on him as he pussy foots around. So I tell him I'm going without him, which I do. He doesn't even go. There are many times that I'll call or text him to see if he can make it before 9... or 9:30 and I wait and wait for his response or return call. There have been times that I waited and he backed out, either was working later or didn't feel like going, but by the time I hear back from him, I've already waited hours. Thursday was the same thing, he was on his way home from work, was going to be home around 7 but didn't want to go until 9 or 9:30 b/c the we going to watch Survivor, which was recorded. So I worked out at home. He couldn't go yesterday b/c he was busy so he wanted to go today. Okay, so I just chill out yesterday. The gym opens at noon today. I send him a text at 1:00pm saying:
Me "You about ready to hit the gym?" tic toc tic toc tic toc, just after 2:00 I grab my stuff and get ready to go. As I'm pulling out the driveway he FINALLY texts me back (2:10)
Him "No, let's go around 4:30."
Me "I'm headed there now. I waited but didn't hear from you."
Him "I'm cutting grass now."

I didn't bother responding but I was thinking...
  • now? What about for the past hour that I waited to here from him?
  • now? It's freaking December, I've seen his grass it doesn't need to be cut!
  • now? If he was cutting it by some chance, it would only take 20-30mins to cut it... why does he need his usual 2.5 hrs, like he does for EVERYTHING?
On to # 3 "Sometimes he acts as if he doesn't want to be there." Not a huge deal but I wait and wait for him to finally show up acting like he doesn't even want to be there. Stay your ass home, don't make me wait!

Seriously by the time I get back from the gym it's 10:30, sometimes later. So I'm going to tell him that I can't do the 9-9:30 crap. If he wants to work out with me, great he can work around MY SCHEDULE, if not we can workout by ourselves. It won't bother me one bit.

This is where my problem comes in. I know how people think, once you do something for them for so long, they begin to expect it, as if it's "owed" to them. When I tell him that he'll probably think that I'm being selfish and get pissed, when this entire time I've been bending over backwards to accommodate him. What's the best way to handle this?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-04-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Sunday report--reporting now because I've already logged my snack that I'll eat later tonight--celery stuffed with a mixture of cheese, mayo, almonds, and olives. Looking forward to that.

Calorie average 1600 1295, 1058, 1475, 1806, 1359, AVERAGE 1399, 1540, 1432, so that's a 7 day green average.
Sat fat average 12% of total calories 10%, 5%, 12%, 19%, 12%, AVERAGE 11.6%, 10%, 12%, so that's a 7 day green average.
Cholesterol average 300mg 130mg, 81mg, 174 mg, 268mg, 281mg, 185g, 211mg
Carbs less fiber 25g 26.7g, 25.1g so I'm calling it green, 23.6g, 35.7g 14.2g, AVERAGE is 25.06g now so I'm calling it green , exactly 25g, 24.3g so that's a 7 day green average
Fiber 30g 34g, 32g, 37g, 20g, 32g, AVERAGE 31g, 34g, 33g, so that's a 7 day green average
Fish oil and vitamin D forgot evening oil, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
5 servings fruits/veggies YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy 0. 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0 so happy about curbing this addiction!

Water 48 oz.or more YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, NO
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES, YES scheduled day off

Edited in my something wonderful today:

Enjoyed the kids' birthday party to which we took our two youngest grandkids. (I had only four barbecue potato chips and 2 diet cokes.) The noise pollution I expected was non-existent--only people talking and laughing and the sound of bowling and kids having fun going on. And my grandkids were as good as angels.

Last edited by Mern; 12-04-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

WOW Mern, you are killin' your goals. So what's got you so motivated these days? Can you bottle it and distribute it to all of your FD buddies .

Mike, it just sound like you need a new partner. I know how much a partner helps to keep things rolling, but it's not like you are wedded to the guy, just let him know it's been great, but clearly your schedules and priorities are no longer aligned - it happens. You don't have to be an A-hole about it, just a pleasant: Hope I run into you at the gym sometime (then ignore any pleading and begging to meet up).

I had a running partner like that a while back. We'd set a date, time and location. It would be on my calendar and I would often work other obligations and appts around that day and time. Then she'd call/text and say much the same thing your buddy says - only for her it is her kids. AARRRG, but she has her own life to live, so I just quietly told her that I needed to set my own schedule and hopefully some day we'de be able to get together again. We're still good friends, both of us still run, and every once in a while we'll do a race together.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

Catching up except for Pam's last post and the reply to Mike's rant which I haven't read yet--but I'll get there.

Sugar vs. no sweets at all or using artificial sweetener. I think it's wonderful how all of us here feel free to voice our opinions and that even if we heartily disagree with someone, we can agree to disagree and respect each other's choices. Nice there is such a great selection of saccharin, aspartame, sugar alcohols, sucralose (Splenda) for those of us who choose to use them.

Joanna, I didn't take your post as frustrated or snarky sounding. I often post something and then the next day hope it came across the way I wanted and not as a sour puss old grandma. But then I figure most of you all know me well enough to know my heart is usually in the right place--just don't always express myself in the right way. I can be a real bitch sometimes, though--ask my DH. LOL

Mike, OMG, congrats on being down that 7 pounds!!! I hope it holds tomorrow, but even if it's less of a loss than that, it's fantastic nonetheless! I think the difference between men and women usually balance out. We'll all be thrilled for your fantastic loss. Also, I'm so happy for you that you can see a difference in your pics comparing now with Nov. 6! That goes a long way in holding one's willpower. Glad your oversleeping didn't mess you up. I'm not a football fan but I can understand the fans not wanting to talk insurance at game time. Wow, you really did great this week in your goals. Major kudos on the clean eating! I went to a birthday party today where pizza, breadsticks, all sorts of chips and cookies were served. ALL I ate was four (Yeah JUST 4) barbecue potato chips and 2 Diet Cokes.

Tanya, I love your phrase "but not completely craptastic, either." LOL If we don't keep a sense of humor about our little misses, we'll go nuts.

Pam, thanks so much for your encouragement on my accomplishments this week. There's a lot of green in your reports this week as well. Wishing you better willpower on the beer and wine next week. I was young once--I know that's a hard one. Congrats on your exercise and for hitting most of your goals this week.

Main80, great recovery Saturday in your reports. That's the ticket--just jump right back in there. Kudos for the great calorie average! Most people I know do quite well with Splenda. I don't know why I don't.

Tori, congrats for eating from the salad bar at the pizza and pasta buffet and for avoiding your craving for french fries and a frosty! I know how hard that is when you are both hungry AND have a strong craving. Kudos to you!

Darlene, glad you had a great night with your friends, but so sorry to hear about your dog. We all consider pets as part of our families, so my heart is with you.

Last edited by Mern; 12-04-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

WOOT! Go Mern! Great week, congratulations!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, I wish we all could bottle our motivation to distribute to our FD pals when needed. Wouldn't that be a real problem solver? LOL It really does take special motivation for me to do as well as I have this past week. This is probably more than you wanted to know. LOL

1. I actually lost 5 lbs. last year between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. I don't think I'll show a loss for that period this year, but I'm hoping to not gain a lot--would be thrilled to just maintain during the same period.

2. The second is kind of juvenile for a 65 year old woman. I have a blood test coming up on Dec. 28 to see if I'm still doing well on managing my blood sugar, triglycerides and cholesterol with diet alone. I'm trying to be on my best behavior. One can't fake those tests easily and I wouldn't want to anyway because I need to know in order to manage my health. I think I've done good on the cholesterol and triglycerides, but I'm hoping by being good now I can lower the A1C blood sugar percentage over the past three months.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Joanna, thanks for your continued encouragement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.