Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 12-03-2011, 08:18 PM
FitDay Member

Joanna Please do not judge me on my bad grammar I will always fail. One of my closest friends is an English teacher and she loves to correct me, good thing I love her lol. I think with the artificial sweetener conversation like I said it`s totally just my opinion and I don`t have to avoid sugar but in your case and many others with health problems you need to make choices that work for your health. My daughters condition means she has ridiculously low blood pressure so she needs sodium in great amounts and actually takes sodium pills. Increased salt consumption goes against everything I know about how bad salt is for us but for her without it her heart stops and she is also always getting lectured about her salt and weight so I certainly understand that frustration. My grandfather used to say that opinions are like belly buttons everyone has one.

Tanya Thanks, I knew this would be a high calorie weekend so I was prepared to enjoy it and bounce back happily on Sunday.

Amy I love your idea for the basement room I would need to do some measuring that’s for sure, once it`s empty I might be more inspired. I hope you find your teapot.

Quinn Your words are very wise! We all process food differently, we all have different metabolisms, we all have different health concerns and what works for one person may not work for the next and that is what’s great about a site like this we can share and take what we need and leave the rest for someone else. Having said that I want to lose weight without exercising and while drinking red wine is that possibly how you did it, I would totally follow that plan. Oh hang on that was my plan this weekend.

Mern Nice goals you are having a great week.

Mike Sorry to hear about your commission.

Rose I am glad you enjoyed your concert! Prince will be in Victoria in a couple weeks my friend who had the party last night has tickets and she`s so excited. I seen him in Toronto for the purple rain tour in 1984ish we were laughing as a friend and I remember complaining at the time that it was almost $20.00 for tickets and she just paid $185.00.

Pam Lol at the enema comment ,I think some people would rather do that then actually put in the sweat and sacrifice that’s required sometimes. I hope you get your rats evicted soon.

Main80 My night was a lot of fun and I made ok choices so I am pretty happy about it.

Tori Enjoy your kids Christmas display.

Goodnight All.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday Report

Up on the scale today to 216 but I'm not recording it as official. I have been super-good on my goals this week--only one not met was evening fish oil on Monday. I've been watching sodium and preservatives, so I'm attributing my regain to returning to exercising faithfully--muscles likely retaining some water as a self-protection measure. I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing and wait for my scale to be nice to me.

Calorie average 1600 1295, 1058, 1475, 1806, 1359, AVERAGE 1399, 1540 so average still green
Sat fat average 12% of total calories 10%, 5%, 12%, 19%, 12%, AVERAGE 11.6%, 10% so average is still green
Cholesterol average 300mg 130mg, 81mg, 174 mg, 268mg, 281mg, 185g
Carbs less fiber 25g 26.7g, 25.1g so I'm calling it green, 23.6g, 35.7g 14.2g, AVERAGE is 25.06g now so I'm calling it green , exactly 25g
Fiber 30g 34g, 32g, 37g, 20g, 32g, AVERAGE 31g, 34g so average still green
Fish oil and vitamin D forgot evening oil, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
5 servings fruits/veggies YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy 0. 0, 0, 2, 0, 0 so happy about curbing this addiction!

Water 48 oz.or more YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES, YES

Complaint to blessing: Was asked by a birthday child's mother to bring my 7 & 10 year old grandkids to a bowling birthday party on the other side of town today. My complaint is that at age 65 I love kids but hate their noisy birthday parties at Chucky E. Cheese, roller skating rinks and now the bowling alley, so I wish she had asked my daughter to bring them instead of me. The blessing is that DH volunteered to accompany me so if I get nervous from all the noise I can leave the building and go enjoy a diet coke or do some shopping nearby.

Last edited by Mern; 12-04-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene, I hear you about the artificial sweetener. I was reading my post about it and realized it came across a bit frustrated/snarky sounding - sorry! I agree that if I didn't have unusual circumstances, I'd probably try to avoid the chemicals, too. I'm sooo sorry about your puppy! I hope he recovers quickly.

I realize I'm having trouble getting my head in the game this week, and I can't figure out why. Was it letting myself go for couple of days over Thanksgiving - really a first for me since I started all this? Or maybe it has something to do with me being around my lowest weight since adulthood - some kind of subconscious don't-believe-it's-possible kind of thing? I don't know, maybe both. Or maybe I'm just having a tough week and I'll get over it Anyway, I'm glad for all of your support!
Old 12-04-2011, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Wooowhooo I stepped on the scale today and it said 177.6, that's 7.0 pounds down for the week so far. The "official" weigh in should be Monday morning to make it a complete week but I think it's safe to say that I'll make my 2 pound goal for the week.. I know a lot of it is water weight, due to coming off of a bad Thanksgiving week, but I'd have to guess that at least a pound or two was fat. I know that someone is thinking about how unfair it is that men can drop weight so easily. Keep in mind that my "real" fat loss is probably a pound or two. I also log my sleep, if I didn't I would have been at a 7000 calorie deficient for the past 6 days. So it's not like I'm eating 2000 calories a day. As of last night, I have averaged 1303 calories/day for the week. That could explain why I haven't been in the walking mood.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-04-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Hi I have not had time to read everyone’s posts but I promised myself I would post my actual's no matter how bad they were. I had a great night last night and although my calories were high it’s mostly 4 glasses of wine and hummus and veggies, a friend brought homemade sundried tomato and olive oil hummus the two of us ate most of the bowl it was fantastic. I did manage to convince my tipsy friends that walking at 1am in the big city is a fun way to burn of the alcohol or in my case the sugar calories it was a great idea as they had Christmas trees decorated and lit up in the center of downtown it was very pretty. I got woken up this morning with sad news and had to come home earlier than expected our 13 year old chocolate lab had a stroke during the night and is very ill so being mom I was needed home asap. I have him eating a little he loves chicken so hubby went and bought him a roasted chicken and I just keep giving him little pieces he also started taking water this afternoon. I hope he will bounce back his first stroke was minor and he had no after effects this one was much worse he couldn't walk or even lift his head this morning. He is 13 which is old for his breed and he has cancer which we learned about when he had his last stroke but until this episode he`s been pain free and pretty easy going so hopefully he will pull through. Thanks for listening I know many of us are dog lovers and you understand my concern.
Have a nice Sunday everyone.
Oh Darlene, so sorry to read about your fur baby. It is so hard when our pets get old. I suspect that he'll let you know what he needs. 13 is pretty old for a lab, but here are my hopes and prayers that he pulls out of it and has a couple more years of family time.

Last edited by RunbikeSki; 12-04-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

Darlene, I missed your post about your baby. That's so sad. I'll pray that he pulls through with no lasting effects.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Good News: I just took pics of myself again and I can see a big difference between today and November 6th.

Bad News: I'm miles away from the pics in my signature.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
I realize I'm having trouble getting my head in the game this week, and I can't figure out why. Was it letting myself go for couple of days over Thanksgiving - really a first for me since I started all this? Or maybe it has something to do with me being around my lowest weight since adulthood - some kind of subconscious don't-believe-it's-possible kind of thing? I don't know, maybe both. Or maybe I'm just having a tough week and I'll get over it Anyway, I'm glad for all of your support!
That can be a stumble for many people.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

where are my weekend warriors?!?!?!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Saturday Report:
Yesterday after I finished my chores I went out to watch my CrossFit Crew compete with a bunch of other CrossFit gyms at the "Battle of the Boxes" (CrossFit calls their gyms Boxes - which is essentially what they are, big boxes with heavy toys, pullup bars, rings and mats). Our intermediate team did very well: 9th out of 23 teams, especially concidering that only 1 of the 4 members had ever competed before. The advanced team was a little disappointed with 5th out 10, but watching those guys and gals do muscle ups on the rings and handstand pushups (things I can only dream about) was inspiring.
Diet & Fitness
1.) 80oz water (coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count)
M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y F=N (close, but not quite), S=N (kinda forgot)
2.) Carbs less than 30%
M=N (33%), T=N (40%)W=Y (30%), Th=Y (30%) F=N/Y (31%), S=N/Y (32%)
3.) Protein @ 90g M=N (78g), T=Y (116) W=N (76g)Th=Y (109g), F=Y (125g), S=Y (94g)
4.) 1 (or less) glass of beer or wine w/dinner
M=N(3). T=N (2), W=N(2), Th=Y (a very large glass, but still only 1), F=N (1 beer, 2 wine), S=N(a lovely syrah!)
5.) 2 servings of fruit per day M=Y, T=Y W=N (1), Th=Y F=Y, S=N (1)
6.) No white foods
M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=N (twice cooked potatoes) S=Y
7.) 2 yoga, 2 X-fit, (possible race on Sunday)
M=rest day, T=Y (crossfit), W=Y (yoga) Th=Y (crossfit), F=Y (yoga), no race too many items of the todo list

Work & Home:
8.) Finish booking Feb X-C train trip
M=Y train from LA to Montana, 3days ski, train back. Can’t wait!
9.) Get rat exterminator estimate
M=Y (yikes…expensive), T+=Y signed papers (kitties are on strike, won’t do their job), Starts Tuesday
10.) Finish presents for east coast relatives,
S=Y , just waiting for the packages to arrive Yeah!
11.) Chip tree branches
S=Y, but trimmed a few more to be chipped today
12.) Wash patio windows
S=N not yet, hopefully on Sunday
13.) Get decorations down and up
T=Y (down out of the garage rafters), Th=Y (about half way done) N=Y (need to pick-up a few things, but it is looking very festive)
14.) Start cleaning out the garage rafters. T=Y well started, S=N probably will get some done on Sunday
15.) Offer gratitude every morning. M=all is well in my world, T=N just forgot, W=Y, Th=Y F= N (too much of a hurry), S=Y you bet woke up with a snuggly kitty and a sunny day
It looks like I am going to hit most of my goals this week. I haven't weighed myself yet - that's Monday, but I am feeling pretty good. Not as good as Mike though: Mr I lost 7lbs! You really nailed it this week dude! Step away from the Blast and reward yourself with a more appropriate treat. Maybe a massage, or a new pair of walking shoes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.