Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 12-02-2011, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

Your weather has been beautiful down there... why aren't you walking, Mister???

It was 6 degrees when I woke up this morning!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, that's a good question, wish I had an answer for ya. I'll try to take Chloe' for a walk tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, have you ever had a king cake? They are so good, it's a good thing that the bakeries only make them during Maris Gras! Hey don't blame me if you eat 1/2 the cake, and we've never been out of shape... round is a shape.

Bad news, I have a slight cough. Even worse news, I have about $3k in commission that's about to get recaptured. Nothing like losing a few pennies right before Christmas. The good news is it's not as bad as last year... Having $6500 come off at the beginning of 2011, yet paying taxing on it for 2010 sucked! Could always be worse, I could be living under a bridge with two batty women, and their cats.

Good night ladies.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Friday Report

My food all day yesterday was only chicken, fish, green beans, spinach, strawberries, coffee with cream, almonds, a protein shake and flaxmeal. That brought me back to a week so far of all green averages. My only goal not met was forgetting my evening fish oil one day.

Calories 1600 1295, 1058, 1475, 1806, 1359, AVERAGE 1399
Sat fat average 12% of total calories 10%, 5%, 12%, 19%, 12%, AVERAGE 11.6%
Cholesterol average 300mg 130mg, 81mg, 174 mg, 268mg, 281mg
Carbs less fiber 25g 26.7g, 25.1g so I'm calling it green, 23.6g, 35.7g 14.2g, AVERAGE is 25.06g now so I'm calling it green
Fiber 30g 34g, 32g, 37g, 20g, 32g, AVERAGE 31g
Fish oil and vitamin D forgot evening oil, YES, YES, YES, YES
5 servings fruits/veggies YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Limit 2 pieces sugar free candy 0. 0, 0, 2, 0

Water 48 oz.or more YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES

Something wonderful on Friday: fun shopping alone with no time limit since I had a grandkid free day. PLUS DH and I had a lunch date and I stayed well within my food goals.

Last edited by Mern; 12-03-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, oh no that sucks about your commission! I hope karma sorts it out and you come into a financial windfall to compensate... and soon!

Amy & Mern wow you are so crafty. I wish I had more time to do stuff like that because I really enjoy it myself. I got a great sewing machine for Christmas last year and have taken it out twice, maybe and both times to hem things. I have to dedicate more time to that in 2012.

Mike & Quinn, I have successfully eliminated bread, white flour, and all added sugar for 15 days now! I can't even tell you how much better I feel. When I think back to how miserable I felt just 2 weeks ago, I am so glad that I went this route and I have very few cravings.

Last night, I went out for dinner to a sushi restaurant and ordered edamame, steamed tofu and salmon tartare. I was able to avoid white rice in a sushi restaurant! I was so proud of myself!

After dinner 3 girlfriends and I went to see Prince in concert and I danced for about 2 and a half hours straight. I seriously have no voice today from all the screaming and singing. It was AMAZING!!!!! Seriously Prince is a musical genius. He sets the bar so freaking high! I don't know if I will ever see another concert that even compares to the level of performance and entertainment that Prince delivers. He is so warm and generous. He involves the audience to such an extent that you literally feel like you are at a party that Prince is throwing and you have been especially invited to attend. I never wanted that show to end. Seriously THAT is what good music is all about!
Old 12-03-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I gotta say it again. You are having a spectacular week on your food and fitness goals! Hope your cough gets better soon. Golly, so sorry about the recaptured commissions. Sure sucks at Christmas, but it's good that you're counting that blessing of not having to live under a bridge with two batty women and their cats.

Quinn, I hear ya! People who don't realize that we're all different and that there are many ways to healthfully lose weight have a lot to learn. Enough said on my part because I could easily turn this paragraph into a long rant. LOL

Amy, I can see that coat hanger/garbage bag/red glass bead wreath as being quite beautiful. It's not the materials or cost of them that matters--it's how well they're put together. I hope you get out of the painting so you can enjoy your sewing. I am seriously not into crafting myself--don't have the patience for it. I'd rather paint a one-color living room. But one of the prettiest things I ever had my 5 year old Sunday School (aka Religious Education Program) students make was a votive candle holder made out of baby food jars, white glue, and torn strips of colored tissue paper. OMG, it was absolutely gorgeous and the kids were amazed to have made such a pretty Christmas present for their parents. The only two "artistic" talents I ever had were for keeping white diapers and making Concord grape jam. We couldn't afford disposable diapers so my kids wore cloth diapers and plastic pants. When my kids outgrew them, the diapers still looked almost new. My multi-talented sister won first place at her county fair with her grape jam. She gave me a jar the winning batch and I didn't tell her that my family chose my jam over hers in a blind taste test. It was the only thing I ever did better than Carolyn. LOL on the morning coffee sweetened with Splenda. That reminds me of when my oldest stepson was 12 and he asked me if he could have a cup of coffee. It was decaf, so I told him "OK, but we won't make a habit of it." Anyway, in his six ounce cup he put six heaping tableware teaspoons of sugar. (I wonder if all that dissolved.) Then he walked around flaunting his coffee and offering sips to his brother and his dad. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 12-03-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, I'm not crafty at all, but I really do appreciate the artistic talents of others. In my post to Amy that I was composing while you were posting, I told her about how my only two talents were for making really good grape jam and for keeping cloth diapers white when my kids were young. I don't sew either--I just mend and hem by hand. OMG, major congrats on eliminating bread, white flour and all added sugar for 15 days now! Great sushi restaurant meal! I agree it's really difficult to avoid the white rice there. You have every right to be proud! So glad you enjoyed the Prince concert. What a great way to enjoy an evening-- with friends, music, and dancing.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1360/1674/2473/1962/1638
2.) Exercise 3 times: 2
3.) Drink water!: not great/not great/alright/decent/poor
4.) Get my PA license: Done
5.) Get PA car registration underway
--a.) Go to DMV: Done
--b.) Get inspected: Done
6.) Get oil changed/tires and battery looked at: Done
7.) Figure out my stupid phone: Done
8.) Go to hair place to ask about stuff: Done
9.) Do Astro 502 HW by Wed.: Done

So, I have a question. Obviously, this week was a tough week for me calorie wise. But, I still have exercised twice so far, and even though my calories were up, I still logged a net deficit of, oh maybe 2500 calories. Now, obviously there are other things that affect how fast the weight comes off like sodium intake and whatnot. But it seems to me that if I'm burning 500 calories a day, I should still lose weight, just not as fast as when I burn 8-900 calories a day. My experience, however, shows me that this is not the case. Unless I'm burning close to 1000 calories a day net, I don't lose any weight at all. Any ideas on why I don't lose weight at all when I'm burning half that, instead of just losing half the weight, on average?
Old 12-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

I over slept today, which is crazy. I got up and banned a spammer, and went back to sleep. I just woke up at 11am.

Mern, great job on your goals as well. I'm loving all the green!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for your encouragement on all my green. I hope your oversleeping didn't mess up your day too much.

I just got back from the butcher shop where I got Boars Head brand low sodium ham and turkey luncheon meat with no preservatives to hinder my weight loss. Also got some lean butterfly pork chops for dinner. I can afford the sat fat because I've been so good today. Will have some mashed cauliflower and some pumpkin puree with that.

Joanna, we're all different that way--some have higher metabolisms than others and for some losing weight is extremely difficult.
-- I have to drink at least 48 oz. of water a day in order to lose weight. For some people that's not nearly enough to help speed up metabolism.
-- My blood sugar is now in the normal range (down from pre-diabetic) but I can't lose weight at anything over 30g carbs less fiber, even if I eat only 1200 calories per day (and that's not much at all for a 215 lb. woman.)
-- Food alergies and food preservatives can also hinder weight loss. Kumochi (Mary) pointed out one time about the preservatives sodium nitrite and sodium nitrate hindering weight loss and once I cut them out I started losing again.
--Bumping up exercise can cause our muscles to retain water until our bodies get used to the increased activity--then it will let it go.
--Some medications can hinder weight loss.

But you've lost a wonderful amount of weight since June so you gotta be doing a lot of stuff right. Sometimes our bodies just need to get used to the new low weight before letting us lose more. Maybe you're just on a plateau that your body needs. Keep up your good work!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.