Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many) >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/28 (recovery week for many)

Old 12-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, how are you doing on bread? I out eating dinner with the chirrens and just thought of you as I pushed my croutons aside that came on my salad. Still going strong here.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Well..... I had a veggie pizza out tonight, so it depends on what you call "bread".

Overall, I've had a great week. I was able to keep on track and loose a few pounds, despite having a very stressful, chaotic week. This sort of week would have put my diet in a tail-spin a while back. Now, I'm kind of use to working around it.

Looks like a quiet weekend, which will be great to catch my breath.

(By the way, I love croutons! I make my own. )
Old 12-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Unless the crust was made with cauliflower it probably had bread . Congrats on having a kickass week and taking off a few pounds despite a hectic week.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, how are you doing on bread? I out eating dinner with the chirrens and just thought of you as I pushed my croutons aside that came on my salad. Still going strong here.
You always make me crack up every time you say "chirrens"!!

Congrats on a great week!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
You always make me crack up every time you say "chirrens"!!

Congrats on a great week!
You knows dat I gots to keeps them chirrens in line!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

I have no idea why that makes me laugh, but I seriously laugh out loud every time I read that!

I thought of you today, too. I was watching a show that featured a tour of NO restaurants. One, I can't remember the name, had HUGE pies. OMG! They looked so good! If I lived as close as you do with all of that great food, I'd be a moose.

As far as the artificial sweetener thing, I think that you can find 100 sites saying that they will kill you and 100 that will say it's fine in moderation. As for me, the only way that I can maintain my weight under 120, is with the help of diet caffeine-free Coke, decaf coffee (A LOT of decaf coffee!) and Crystal Light. If I didn't have those things, I would seriously be 20-25 lbs. heavier and probably clinically insane. (How do I know? Because I've lived my whole life 20-50 lbs. heavier than I am now.) Is it a trade off? Probably. Would plain water be healthier? Sure. But, plain water gets old after a few years and I don't consume a whole lot of artificial sweeteners. (I don't bake with it, etc.) The list of household and everyday items that are thought to be carcinogens is pretty lengthy... everything from hair coloring to florescent lighting, canned goods, cookware and everything in between. It's kind of like the HCG thing. Everyone has their own opinion and everyone has to do what works for them.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Huge pies have nothing on a king cake. My carb cravings are starting to kick back in. I still have a cheat meal, I may go get a blast.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I think that you can find 100 sites saying that they will kill you and 100 that will say it's fine in moderation.
That's with anything diet and fitness related. There are studies that say that breakfast is the most important meal of the deal and others that say that is good to skip it. Some same you should eat every few hours while others say that intermittent fasting is best. Some say it's best to do cardio before weight training, some say after and some say you don't need to do it at all. Some say low fat is good, others say high fat low carb is good. Some say you should load up on protein at each meal, others say your body can only make use of 30g per meal. No matter what you read on the internet about diet or fitness there will be just as many people saying to do just the opposite... and they wonder why people get so confused.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-02-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

I figured if I post now, I may not cheat.

Health & Fitness
1) Lose 2 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies yes, yes, no, yes, yes
3) Gallon of water yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
DONE 4) 3000 calories deficient -982, -1425, -1102, -978, -290 (-4777 so far)
5) Walk 13 miles 0, 0, 0, 0
6) 1 cheat meal clean, clean, clean, clean, clean
7) Gym x 3 0, 1, 0, 1 (home gym), 1
8) No Bread 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
9) Net Carbs less than 65g/day 31.2g, 64.5g, 48.1g, 32.7g, 63.7g
10) No disturbing the ghost during the night (in other words, no getting up to eat after I lay down for bed. Update in the morning) didn't get up, didn't get up, didn't get up, got up to eat, didn't get up
11) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
b) Vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
c) Glucosamine yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
d) Fluoride rise yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
Fail 12) Write 3 policies 0, 1, 0, 1, 0

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-03-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

I think that's because everyone's body processes foods differently. It's really hard finding the right combination of foods that your body will release it's fat supplies without feeling that it's in danger of starving. To some people, the pie chart is important... to others the only thing that matters is overall calorie count.

I've learned to be a lot more tolerant of people's views on fitness, weight loss and maintenance. (Yes, even HCG, Mike ) I do however still get really ticked off when people ask how I lost so much weight and then fight me over my answer, which we've discussed before. ("I'm not doing that!") I just want to say, "Well, fine. Be overweight and out of shape, if that's what makes you happy.") I remember going to Six Flags once with my family and we were running to the other side of the park to catch a ride. I had to stop running because I was so out of breath. I'll never forget how sad that made me. I decided, right there, that I had to make some changes, and I did.

Besides, my husband is having a really easy time maintaining his weight loss and I'll be damned if I'll let myself get heavy while he stays thin!!! LOL

You had to mention King Cake! I think I'm going to break down and make your Rum Cake over Christmas. Those extra pounds are going to be all your fault!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.