Notices

Survived Thanksgiving!!!

Old 11-27-2011, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Survived Thanksgiving!!!

Well I survived Thanksgiving. I only ate 1 small piece of Pumpkin pie, I didn't overdo it on the potatoes or stuffing, and I avoided the cranberry sauce completely. The day after Thanksgiving is almost the same as that day due to leftovers. But again I made sure I didn't overdo it. Saturday I went back to my salads and put turkey on it but stayed away from the heavy carbs. I made sure I ate my yogurts and fruit. So now I'm making a huge pot of my fabulous turkey soup with lots of veggies. I am going to make sure I pile up on Lean Cuisines this week because I love the meals they have. And since they are on sale for $2 each I'm going to be able to really enjoy my foods. That means though I will have to eat my big carbs in the morning. I just hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and thank you all for being here. I have seen that my will to lose weight is strong and every little bit I do makes me feel like I've taken a giant step. Thank you all.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Wanda51
Well I survived Thanksgiving. I only ate 1 small piece of Pumpkin pie, I didn't overdo it on the potatoes or stuffing, and I avoided the cranberry sauce completely. The day after Thanksgiving is almost the same as that day due to leftovers. But again I made sure I didn't overdo it. Saturday I went back to my salads and put turkey on it but stayed away from the heavy carbs. I made sure I ate my yogurts and fruit. So now I'm making a huge pot of my fabulous turkey soup with lots of veggies. I am going to make sure I pile up on Lean Cuisines this week because I love the meals they have. And since they are on sale for $2 each I'm going to be able to really enjoy my foods. That means though I will have to eat my big carbs in the morning. I just hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and thank you all for being here. I have seen that my will to lose weight is strong and every little bit I do makes me feel like I've taken a giant step. Thank you all.
Thanks for the update Wanda. I've been following your posts on here and I think it's really great how you are able to keep at it.

Lean Cuisines do have some good choices just be careful because not all of them are the same. Some of them have more calories than others do and all are fairly high in salt so even if you're not counting sodium right now it is something to be aware of, especially if you have high BP.

I usually pick and choose between different frozen dinner brands. Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, even a couple of Marie Callenders are ok on calories (not many of those last ones, but a couple). Just read the labels and you'll be ok.

I would suggest having some protein with your morning carbs to help you from feeling too hungry later. During the summer for example I was able to eat a plate of fruit in the morning and I felt full for hours but now that the weather's colder I'm craving fat and protein more and not really so into the fruits. I don't know if it's different for you or not.

I'm glad you know how to portion out your meals so well. It's hard for me to judge portions which is one reason it's good for me to use the frozen dinners for one meal a day. I think you're doing really well Wanda and congratulations on sticking with this!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Well I survived Thanksgiving. I only ate 1 small piece of Pumpkin pie, I didn't overdo it on the potatoes or stuffing
I too survived Thanksgiving, only I substituted a VERY small piece of Pecan Pie instead of Pumpkin. And had only a tablespoon each of mashed potatoes and potato salad (my family is big on any type of potato).

I have seen that my will to lose weight is strong and every little bit I do makes me feel like I've taken a giant step. Thank you all.
Isn't it great to know that you DO have the will?! I was dreading the family dinner because my aunts only know how to cook one way, with lots of butter and fat! But I surprised myself, by only sampling my favorites, I was really able to keep my portions under control. If only that damned pecan pie hadn't been calling my name!! I was also surprised that I really didn't even want to pile my plate full of food as I would have done in the past. I guess even the most stubborn can change after all!

Originally Posted by Rubystars
I usually pick and choose between different frozen dinner brands. Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, even a couple of Marie Callenders are ok on calories (not many of those last ones, but a couple). Just read the labels and you'll be ok.
I have been grabbing the frozen dinners for lunch at work. I'm the receving manager for a local supermarket and I never really know when I'm going to get to go to lunch. So if I forget my lunch I usually run by the frozen department, grab a meal and nuke it in the deli, then take it back and eat at my desk while waiting on my next delivery. I limit myself to one frozen meal a day and everything else is fresh and unprocessed. I also try to pack my between meal snacks before leaving for work, that way I'm not tempted by the single serve bags of chips up by the registers. I've tried most of the lowcal frozen dinners except for the Marie Callendars, maybe I"ll try one of those out next.

Originally Posted by Rubystars
I'm glad you know how to portion out your meals so well. It's hard for me to judge portions which is one reason it's good for me to use the frozen dinners for one meal a day.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble judging portions. If it weren't for my kitchen scale I'd be in serious trouble!!
Old 11-27-2011, 04:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble judging portions. If it weren't for my kitchen scale I'd be in serious trouble!!
Me too... that's why I got one. It's especially important for measuring out foods like cereal. I could easily pour 4 servings of cereal into a bowl and not think anything was off if I didn't have a way to weigh the serving to the right number of grams on my food scale.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not much of a cereal eater because I'm lactose intolerant. I do love my oatmeal though and either get the ones already packaged or I measure out the Quaker oats. For breakfast though I seem to always want omelets and bacon with toast. The fully cooked bacon is only 90 calories for 4 slices and I eat the egg substitute. When I am out of the substitute I just eat the egg whites. I load them up with veggies and sometimes add a small amount of shredded 2% cheddar. I use Promise light margarine and Light wheat bread. The breakfast fills me up and gives me the protein I need without all the fat. My problem with eating use to be sweets but for some reason I'm not into sweets anymore. When I am tempted I chew on Extra Desserts gum. I'm addicted to their apple pie flavored one. LOL
Old 11-28-2011, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Wanda .. you are doing so great! It is nice to hear such optimism in your posts!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not much of a cereal eater because I'm lactose intolerant.
Soy milk, rice milk, or almond milk might work for you.