Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-27-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I haven't gotten back on the wagon since Thanksgiving. I feel like Quinn, it's so hard with all the good stuff in the fridge and you don't want it to go to waste.

I went to bed VERY late, got up too early to go to the mall to knock out some Christmas shopping. I'm once again, like Quinn, waiting for my checkbook to recover, more like the debit card to cool down. Will at the mall I made a huge diet mistake without even thinking. There was a kiosk setup and they were selling candles and oils, pretty harmless, right? I picked up some bottles of the most awesome flavor... I mean scent. I swear my entire house has been filled with the scent of sugar cookies, undercooked to perfection. Let me just say I have been craving sweets big time!

I then laid down and crashed and finally woke back up, now I'm cooking.

That sounds delicious! I think I'd be busying "cleaning" myself. As far as waiting to buy the two gifts, thanks that is so sweet but there's really no need to wait. I hear the Suzuki dealership is offering special low financing. I'll take any color of the GSX-R. You really are the best... really!
That's why I couldn't pick it up on Friday... I'm having a custom paint job done just for you... nothing but the best for you!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, say it ain't so. I actually prefer the stock graphics on a bike. The first thing someone does to a wrecked bike it put a custom paint job or aftermarket fairings with funky graphics. I have seen a couple custom job that look nice and not like some pieces together junk. I'm sure you're having it tastefully done... I hope.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 1 more holiday hurdle

Unlike many, I don't have a fridge full of left overs, EXCEPT the cheesecake I made for the fam. I've been pretty good about having just 1 smallish slice a night, but it is calling to me this morning trying to convince me that cheesecake is an excellent breakfast... I'm resisting with all the will power I have because the last hurdle is brunch with the DH's uncle. It is one of those super fancy-schmancy places with just about anything you can image. Eggs benedict, steamship round, shrimp and salmon, wonderful salads (lots of mayo based dressings) cheeses and pastries out the ying-yang. You get the idea.

I usually make good choices, but with all that delicious food one has to try some of nearly everything.

I did, however, run off most of the T'giving over indulgence yesterday. A long, biggggg hill up and then down again. The down started off fun, but after 2 miles or so it was really wearing on my knees and quads.

OK, tomorrow is a new week and time to tighten up before the Christmas indulgences start .
Old 11-27-2011, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, say it ain't so. I actually prefer the stock graphics on a bike. The first thing someone does to a wrecked bike it put a custom paint job or aftermarket fairings with funky graphics. I have seen a couple custom job that look nice and not like some pieces together junk. I'm sure you're having it tastefully done... I hope.
I told the guy at the shop that your favorite color was pink... he said he'd take it from there... I hope that was OK... LOL
Old 11-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Awwwww maybe he'll throw in different shades.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default The rant of the day.

Well a common problem that my GF and I have is the fact that I'm always right. I guess that is common among many couples. I know it pisses her off when I second guess her on something and I usually get the "evil eye". Sooooo this time when she came to me and said that the TV in the door kickers room was bad, I asked her if she was sure that it wasn't the cable, a loose connection, whatever b/c the picture was scrolling and the picture had some static. She said yes, she was sure and gave me the evil eye. Needless to say, I didn't bother checking it b/c she was sure and if I would have checked it, it would have only pissed her off more. So then we go to Walmart, stand in line for hours waiting for midnight to hit so we could get the 40" TV that had for the Black Friday sale. Get it, set it up and put the TV that was in my room into the other room to replace the bad TV. I set the bad one out by the trash, along with the stand that I bought for it on ebay (that I never used) and the remote for it, since it all went to that TV. My neighbor calls to ask if he can get it from my trash, I say sure. Why not, is broken, right? I'm sure by now you know where this story is going. Later on that evening the middle daughter (aka door kicker) comes to the living room to tell us that this TV is doing the same thing as the other!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It turns out that it was the cable box all along. I so felt like turning to my GF and saying "Maybe we should set this one out by the trash too so I can go out and buy another one."

Now I'm being told that the tub in the kids bathroom doesn't drain properly, the handle for the drain doesn't stay up. Guess who's not feeling motivated to change it.... ME!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Main80, hey, if you like that midnight energy boost, that's great. Whatever works! I'm looking forward to hopping back in the "crazy wagon." LOL Yeah, so you've got a little red in there, but you have a stellar report this week compared to many of us. Well done!

Mike, I have a couple, but didn't set out any of the decorations that could be played with. LOL I hear ya on the cost of electronics coming down. Our first computer, monitor, and printer were not state of the art, but a cheap Compaq and it cost $2400 altogether. Now we can get the same stuff for only about $500. Our first microwave was about $800--now one like that costs maybe $150. My kids bought me the small square TV for the kitchen--it's not cable, though--just DTV, but it's all I need in there. I've never heard of that, but can't wait to hear how the infrared turkey frier works out. Golly, I never even THOUGHT about the scented candles causing cravings, but it certainly makes sense that sugar cookie scent would do that! I have a cinnamon one burning right by my computer, but the nice thing is that I use cinnamon on all sorts of low carb stuff, so it's not a high carb scent for me. OMG, on the TV thrown out, I'd be ready to kill. What did GF say when she learned it was the cable box all along?

Darlene, thanks so much for sharing about the Canadian Thanksgiving compared to ours in the USA. Yes, we have sort of gotten away from thanking God for our bountiful harvest, but we do traditionally still celebrate the day as a day of counting and thanking God for our many blessings. LOL on recuperating from the relatives. Wow, you did a fantastic job this week on your goals! Congrats on that!

Pam, great job on on your exercise! I hope you have/had a great brunch with DH's uncle.

Quinn and Joanna,and Mike, the great thing is that the new year is not far off and we can all put the food festivities behind us and get back down to business. It's just such a hard time of year...

Good things/bad thing. I read an article in our weekly community newspaper about how sometimes experiencing something not so nice makes us thankful for a different blessing. Well, yesterday our electric was out for 3 1/2 hours which was inconvenient, but I used that time to address my Christmas cards. I love choosing and sending Christmas cards--just hate addressing them, so that's one chore done way ahead of time this year. Bad thing--I lost my wedding ring and cried a lot. I took it off to pick over the turkey carcass and DH remembers seeing it on the kitchen counter after our Thanksgiving dinner. I'm 100% sure I did not put it back on. But it's not there--we turned the kitchen upside down looking for it and I went through every piece of trash--in all the cans inside and outside. It can't have gone down the kitchen drain. Maybe some day it will resurface... Losing it made me realize how much I love my DH, even there are times he really drives me nuts. LOL When we were young we didn't have much money. My simple gold band wedding ring cost $22.95 and I think his was $37. I don't want a replacement ring--wouldn't be the same. We've been married 40 years--maybe we'll get new rings for our 50th anniversary--that would be very meaningful...

Last edited by Mern; 11-27-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Oh Mern, so sorry to read about your wedding ring. I sure hope it turns up in some unlikely place. I temporarily lost mine when it slipped off my finger while dumping clippings from the garden. I was devistated! Luckily I figure out the most likely place where I lost it, turned the trash can over (it is one of the gi-normous ones that only the mechanical trash truck can pick up) and found it at the very bottom.

Mike, if my DH made me buy a new TV because he was "sure" that he had check all the other possibilities, he would be spending a couple nights down at the local Hotel 6. I def. know what you mean about getting reamed for asking for a second opinion, but clearly there are times when it is justified !
Old 11-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dar n

Mike I also have an overheated debit card today, it was shopping madness it’s as if everyone decided they should start Christmas shopping today. I hope you get everything you want for Christmas
are you sure any color is fine. dealtagger : /tag/amr+butterflies/

Have a nice night everyone.
The3 white one doesn't look so bad. But hey, if anyone is willing to shell out the coin, who am I to complain about any color?

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Looks like people are in recovery mode.

1. Weekly average of 1300 calories. 1331
2. Drink 3 L of water. Yes, yes, yes, No, Yes, No
3. Exercise 5 times. Yes, No,Yes, No, Yes, No
4. Do daily squats. No, No, No (I keep forgetting them), Ha! , Yes, No
5. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Sleep before midnight. Yes, No, I think I will, Not gonna happen Its the weekend
7. Deal with inbox. A bit, not so much, and again. Not one bit. Its starting to look good Yes! Finally.

Quinn, Mike and Joanna, relax those leftovers will luckily not last forever.
I'm recovering from a bad week, congrats to you for staying in it for the week.

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I have a couple, but didn't set out any of the decorations that could be played with. LOL I hear ya on the cost of electronics coming down. Our first computer, monitor, and printer were not state of the art, but a cheap Compaq and it cost $2400 altogether. Now we can get the same stuff for only about $500. Our first microwave was about $800--now one like that costs maybe $150. My kids bought me the small square TV for the kitchen--it's not cable, though--just DTV, but it's all I need in there. I've never heard of that, but can't wait to hear how the infrared turkey frier works out. Golly, I never even THOUGHT about the scented candles causing cravings, but it certainly makes sense that sugar cookie scent would do that! I have a cinnamon one burning right by my computer, but the nice thing is that I use cinnamon on all sorts of low carb stuff, so it's not a high carb scent for me. OMG, on the TV thrown out, I'd be ready to kill. What did GF say when she learned it was the cable box all along?

Quinn and Joanna,and Mike, the great thing is that the new year is not far off and we can all put the food festivities behind us and get back down to business. It's just such a hard time of year...

Good things/bad thing. I read an article in our weekly community newspaper about how sometimes experiencing something not so nice makes us thankful for a different blessing. Well, yesterday our electric was out for 3 1/2 hours which was inconvenient, but I used that time to address my Christmas cards. I love choosing and sending Christmas cards--just hate addressing them, so that's one chore done way ahead of time this year. Bad thing--I lost my wedding ring and cried a lot. I took it off to pick over the turkey carcass and DH remembers seeing it on the kitchen counter after our Thanksgiving dinner. I'm 100% sure I did not put it back on. But it's not there--we turned the kitchen upside down looking for it and I went through every piece of trash--in all the cans inside and outside. It can't have gone down the kitchen drain. Maybe some day it will resurface... Losing it made me realize how much I love my DH, even there are times he really drives me nuts. LOL When we were young we didn't have much money. My simple gold band wedding ring cost $22.95 and I think his was $37. I don't want a replacement ring--wouldn't be the same. We've been married 40 years--maybe we'll get new rings for our 50th anniversary--that would be very meaningful...
I bet the $2400 computer was BIG and SLOW! My GF kept telling her daughter to just drop it every time she said something about it being the cable box and not the TV. I just remained quite but she knew I was pissed, maybe it was the smoke coming out my ears that gave it away. This Thanksgiving was harder for me than I thought. That's awful news about your wedding ring. Yeah I wouldn't think the cost would matter, it's the fact that he gave that to you 40 years ago. It's been a part of you for my entire life. I hope it turn up soon.

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Mike, if my DH made me buy a new TV because he was "sure" that he had check all the other possibilities, he would be spending a couple nights down at the local Hotel 6. I def. know what you mean about getting reamed for asking for a second opinion, but clearly there are times when it is justified !
She honestly thought that it was the TV. I didn't, especially when the door kicker said she couldn't go past channel 100. I really thought it had something to do with the cable. I wasn't a 100% sure and to save face just accepted that it was the TV.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

End of the week report.

I really need to get it together on the weekends, I am not even drinking my water, which is just crazy. Its not too bad though, I need to be more mindful of the sneaky calories and just get moving.

1. Weekly average of 1300 calories. 1356
2. Drink 3 L of water. Yes, yes, yes, No, Yes, No, No
3. Exercise 5 times. Yes, No,Yes, No, Yes, No, No
4. Do daily squats. No, No, No (I keep forgetting them), Ha! , Yes, No, No
5. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No
6. Sleep before midnight. Yes, , No, I think I will, Not gonna happen Its the weekend, I will.
7. Deal with inbox. A bit, not so much, and again. Not one bit. Its starting to look good Yes! Finally.

Mern, so sorry about your ring, I will probably turn up when you least expect it. Expecting you in the crazy wagon come Monday, and thank you for your support. There is more red there than I would like but it is what it is.

Mike, when you are always right and you know it sometimes you just have to ignore the evil eye and go with your gut. I'd be ranting as well.

Pam, hope you enjoyed your last holiday brunch, brand new week coming up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.