Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Hellllllooooo
Old 11-25-2011, 04:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hellllllooooo
Cricket Sound - YouTube

Sorry man, its gets busy in the gutter.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

1. Weekly average of 1300 calories. 1289
2. Drink 3 L of water. Yes, yes, yes, No, Yes
3. Exercise 5 times. Yes, No,Yes, No, Yes
4. Do daily squats. No, No, No (I keep forgetting them), Ha! , Yes
5. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Sleep before midnight. Yes, No, I think I will, Not gonna happen Its the weekend
7. Deal with inbox. A bit, not so much, and again. Not one bit. Its starting to look good
Old 11-25-2011, 07:36 PM
FitDay Member

Mern What a motivational story about your back pain it’s pretty awesome what exercise can do.

Mike I would like cream cheese icing on my cinnamon buns please. I hope you enjoy your new tv.

Rose Ughh 5am exercise sounds like torture to me are your evenings to full to hit the gym at night, before you read too much into my advice you might notice my #2 goal I have failed at morning or night.

Joanna Having to run in Alaska would defiantly make me not like running, I dislike cold. I am trying on the tread mill to run 1min walk 4 run 1 walk 4 so it’s a start I will see how it goes.

April I am glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving all the turkey talk today is making me wish I had turkey leftovers for sandwiches.

Mary Enjoy your wine and pizza I will watch for your results post.

Pam & Mern The differences between your Thanksgiving and ours:
-We celebrate more European traditions so it’s more about giving thanks and celebrations about the harvest.
-Our 1st Thanksgiving was in Newfoundland in 1578 so 43 years before the pilgrims landed in Plymouth Massachuttes.
-It was declared a national holiday in 1879. It was then, that November 6th was set aside as the official day.
-On January 31, 1957, Canadian Parliament announced that on the second Monday in October, Thanksgiving would be "a day of general thanksgiving to almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed.
-Many people still watch football it’s a double game day.

-We have many parades but none as big as the Macy’s parade.
-We eat too much turkey and pies of all types just like you.
-We have a little more recoup time before all the relatives return for Christmas, this might be the best difference depending on your relatives lol.

Main80 Glad to hear you are tackling that in box! Thanks for the support I have been trying to be more disciplined this week my weight hasn’t moved much in 10 days so I am trying to change that. Love the cricket.Way to go on getting your squats done.

Well my day is finally over its 12.30 and I am ready for bed. I wanted to post if you fall behind a day here there is normally no catching up, but I guess most of the turkey dinner eaters are still sleeping off the carb’s or tripping over shoppers at your great sales. I need to get up early to make 100 sugar cookies in the shapes of Christmas trees and clean house before my parents arrive after dinner. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.5, T=2.4, W=5.8, T=6.5, F=7.2k = 28.4k Done.
Gym 2 days: 0,0,0,0,0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Walk, W=Walk/Weights, T=Hike, F=Walk
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1236, T=1280, W=1216, T=1367, F=1135
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -1006, T=-840, W=-801, T=-857, F= -850
Christmas prep everyday: M=Started baking. T=Got wish lists from Mom/Dad and son. W=Two more cookies baked and frozen, purchased bacon on sale 2$ pound for Christmas breakfast. T= Started Christmas Cards 20 done, baked more cookies. F=Finished hubbys gifts and last 2 stockings.
Share something wonderful that happened today. It was just a good day went for a long walk along the harbour front in the sunshine with my Dad, spent the afternoon shopping with my Mom and Daughter. Hubby got a wheelbarrow on 50% off thanks to US black Friday sales that some Canadian stores like home depot are copying so he can mix concrete tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hellllllooooo
Sorry, I can't post at the moment... I'm up to my elbows in ham, french toast, homemade maple syrup, butter.... yeah, it's not been pretty! Got on the scale after this huge breakfast and the results were not good. Pretty much back to square one. I won't be making my weight loss goal by November 28th, that's for sure.

It's so hard when the fridge is packed with wonderful food. You hate to let it go to waste and yet you fight the scale at the same time. Oh well. I probably have my calorie limit in for the day and it's 10:40 in the morning. I'll just have to salvage what's left of today.

Raining outside so no exercise is going to be possible, either. Spent yesterday Christmas shopping from 9-7 and I think I'm pretty much done now. Mike, I picked up a 19" flat screen yesterday at Walmart for $98. I thought that was a pretty good deal. (Another dorm gift.) I just have two gifts left to buy, but those are going to have to wait until my checkbook recovers!

Since I can't do any more shopping or get outside, I think I'll start working on decorations and maybe one of my two trees. (3 if you count the one that I have to put up at my mom's house. Ugh.)

Enjoy your day, and for Pete's sake, eat better than I am!

quinn
Old 11-26-2011, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I agree - when it's in the fridge, it's so hard to let it go uneaten! Especially since I have a major weakness for mashed potatoes... I did okay yesterday until I decided it would be a good idea to consume half a pumpkin pie. Actually like a third, but still, it was kinda ridiculous. Today I'm doing alright so far, but we'll see if I make it to the end okay. Since I'm away from home, I haven't stepped on the scale since Tuesday, and won't until Monday, so we'll see the damage then. Until then, I am blissfully unaware!
Old 11-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't gotten back on the wagon since Thanksgiving. I feel like Quinn, it's so hard with all the good stuff in the fridge and you don't want it to go to waste.

I went to bed VERY late, got up too early to go to the mall to knock out some Christmas shopping. I'm once again, like Quinn, waiting for my checkbook to recover, more like the debit card to cool down. Will at the mall I made a huge diet mistake without even thinking. There was a kiosk setup and they were selling candles and oils, pretty harmless, right? I picked up some bottles of the most awesome flavor... I mean scent. I swear my entire house has been filled with the scent of sugar cookies, undercooked to perfection. Let me just say I have been craving sweets big time!

I then laid down and crashed and finally woke back up, now I'm cooking.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Sorry, I can't post at the moment... I'm up to my elbows in ham, french toast, homemade maple syrup, butter.... yeah, it's not been pretty! Got on the scale after this huge breakfast and the results were not good. Pretty much back to square one. I won't be making my weight loss goal by November 28th, that's for sure.

It's so hard when the fridge is packed with wonderful food. You hate to let it go to waste and yet you fight the scale at the same time. Oh well. I probably have my calorie limit in for the day and it's 10:40 in the morning. I'll just have to salvage what's left of today.

Raining outside so no exercise is going to be possible, either. Spent yesterday Christmas shopping from 9-7 and I think I'm pretty much done now. Mike, I picked up a 19" flat screen yesterday at Walmart for $98. I thought that was a pretty good deal. (Another dorm gift.) I just have two gifts left to buy, but those are going to have to wait until my checkbook recovers!

Since I can't do any more shopping or get outside, I think I'll start working on decorations and maybe one of my two trees. (3 if you count the one that I have to put up at my mom's house. Ugh.)

Enjoy your day, and for Pete's sake, eat better than I am!

quinn
That sounds delicious! I think I'd be busying "cleaning" myself. As far as waiting to buy the two gifts, thanks that is so sweet but there's really no need to wait. I hear the Suzuki dealership is offering special low financing. I'll take any color of the GSX-R. You really are the best... really!
Old 11-26-2011, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

Mary I just read your post on the cleanse 6 pounds in a week is great. I hope this is the shock your body needs to continue your loss in to the 150’s my body gets stuck in the 140’s so I get how frustrating it can be. Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and results.

Quinn & Joanna Enjoy your treats you will be back hard at work in no time.

Mike I also have an overheated debit card today, it was shopping madness it’s as if everyone decided they should start Christmas shopping today. I hope you get everything you want for Christmas
are you sure any color is fine. dealtagger : /tag/amr+butterflies/

Have a nice night everyone.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.5, T=2.4, W=5.8, T=6.5, F=7.2k, S=3.1k = 31.5k Done.
Gym 2 days: 0,0,0,0,0,0 Fail
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Walk, W=Walk/Weights, T=Hike, F=Walk, S=Walk /Shopped
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, S=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, S=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1236, T=1280, W=1216, T=1367, F=1135, S=1177
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -1006, T=-840, W=-801, T=-857, F= -850, S=-815 =(-5169)
Christmas prep everyday: M=Started baking. T=Got wish lists from Mom/Dad and son. W=Two more cookies baked and frozen, purchased bacon on sale 2$ pound for Christmas breakfast. T= Started Christmas Cards 20 done, baked more cookies. F=Finished hubbys gifts and last 2 stockings. S= Bought poinsettas,candy canes and all the candy for our cookie decorating party.
Share something wonderful that happened today: I have been looking everywhere for large handmade candy canes to go on the tree the only ones I had seen were $4 each today at Costco I found a pack of 10 for $9.99. It’s a tradition in our home that all the little kids and many of the big ones take a candy cane off the tree when they come to our boxing day open house, I am excited to see their faces when they see these huge ones. I don’t think I will be able to get all 20 on the tree I guess the big kids will have to get theirs out of a bowl.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:25 PM
FitDay Member

Looks like people are in recovery mode.

1. Weekly average of 1300 calories. 1331
2. Drink 3 L of water. Yes, yes, yes, No, Yes, No
3. Exercise 5 times. Yes, No,Yes, No, Yes, No
4. Do daily squats. No, No, No (I keep forgetting them), Ha! , Yes, No
5. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Sleep before midnight. Yes, No, I think I will, Not gonna happen Its the weekend
7. Deal with inbox. A bit, not so much, and again. Not one bit. Its starting to look good Yes! Finally.

Darlene, oh no, now you are posting after midnight! Congrats on your walking and deficit goals! All done! I hope your scale moves soon, I have been the same in the last weeks... How big are those candy canes??

Quinn, Mike and Joanna, relax those leftovers will luckily not last forever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.