Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-21-2011, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I am ready to face a brand new week on the right track. All of my shenanigans will be behind me this week and luckily (or unluckily) I don't have American Thanksgiving to contend with.

I have been doing so much soul searching the past few days and hopefully will be able to articulate my conclusions one day soon but suffice it to say right now that quitting sugar cold turkey (no Thanksgiving pun intended) feels like the right thing to do. My main goal now is to calm the F down and approach life and all of its challenges with a clear head. I want to be able to get through hard times without self medicating with food, particularly sweets.

Mike, your post just made me eyes water. Seriously Dude, you are a prince among men. I am so happy and grateful that you decided to join us ladies here in the Women's Only corner. We are so much richer for having you. Now I know you are disappointed in your lousy week last week but seriously look at your big picture! You are a superstar. You got yourself in amazing shape through sheer hard work and discipline so don't let a stray week get you down. In the grand scheme you are still a huge success!

Quinn, thanks for starting us off this week. I love love love #7 of your Life Stuff goals and you have totally inspired me to add it to my list, hope you don't mind the plagiarism!

Joanna, your success is an inspiration! I am really looking forward to hearing more about what this d-day for your epic hair will entail. I am still behind on my news but it sounds exciting!

Terri, you are wonderful. I can't tell you how surprising is to hear that you feel like you are awkward because I have always been in awe of your confidence, your honesty, your maturity, your success and particularly how wise beyond your years you are. You are acutely self-aware and I have no doubt that you will achieve all of your goals. I can't agree with you more on the value of this group.

Cassie, best of luck navigating your way through all the temptations this week! Sounds like you will do fine to me!

Amy, yikes! Sorry to hear about your hubby's ahem, "adventures" this weekend. I sure hope that was nothing contagious!

My goals for the week are as follows:

1. Don't eat white sugar in any form.
2. Don't eat white flour in any form.
3. Eat 1300-1500 calories per day.
4. Don't eat late at night.
6. Exercise 5 times.
7. Eat 25% protein or more.
8. Take vitamins.
9. Drink a minimum of 2 litres of water per day.

Life Stuff:

1. Read every day.
2. Sweep the leaves on my stairs.
3. Change the burned out light bulbs in the house.
4. Get to work before 9am.
5. Mail out forms and pay car registration.
6. Pay parking tickets.
7. List something wonderful that happened to me today.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I exist! Not Date-Date-Day went AWESOME!!! PPD was totally down for hiking, remembered my starbucks order, asked how many calories & macro's I had left for the day. Then, get this, you guise, PPD COOKED ME DINNER!! Ohmygod, like, what? Bitches cookin' me dinner? Um, yes please! AND they did the dishes! Is this real life? Do people actually do stuff like that for each other?

Non-food stuff: Okay, so I am IN LOVE with the Sally Hanson nail polish strips! They are fab-u-lous!!! For Halloween I had spider webs, and then for my semiformals I had leopard print! I am so stoked about how my semi's went! I went stag to both and it was awesome! I never realized how much stress there was to bringing a date to an event! AND AND AND- I was lookin' HOT. BOO-YAH!
<3

Goals:
Health:
1. Drink 3L:
2. 3 Chicken Breasts:
3. Stretch:
4. Practice my hoe-dancing:

Life:
1. CLEAN ALL THE THINGS:
2. Run my 5K & Enjoy It:
3. Harass Mike & April on Facebook:
Old 11-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Yep, I think I will need to plagiarize the "something wonderful" goal this week, too. Sometimes it's a matter of being proactive, not passive.

Amy, hope hubby feels better. Gingerbread dough sounds delicious!

Rose, rock on, girl! I have a feeling, especially in the midst of family craziness, that I will be saying "calm the F down" a good bit! Somehow that just struck me as appropos!

So, Mike, what's your new title? Prince Among Veggie-Eating, Policy-Writing, Power-Lifting Pimps?

mhibdon, so excited about the not date day, for you! Sounds like it couldn't have gone any better; enjoy the ride!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Rose, I didn't mean to make you cry.

Mh, yeah bitches be cookin'

Cassie, that's too funny.

Well ladies, I was feeling bored and had nothing better dork do so I decided to go to the dentist. Yay for me. Maybe I'll get lucky and need some shots and drilling. Cassie, do you have any extra coupons.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Mike and Terri, (...and all)

You two have put it beautifully! I couldn't agree more. I was trying to explain to my husband just last night why this group remained so important to me. It was so hard to put into words. It all started with the original "5-15 lb. Club" and kind of morphed into much needed motivation. Some of you I have known now for nearly 2 years. (WOW! 2 YEARS!!) Some are new, but much loved friends. Each and every one of you has added something special to my life. I have grown and learned so much; not only about you, but about myself.

Terri,
I can really relate to what you said about the "no judgement zone". That articulates it perfectly. I'm not perfect (or even good) at most things. But here, it doesn't matter. I can admit freely to my failings and shortfalls, and share my accomplishments. When I was younger, I was painfully shy. Either people thought that I said little because I was stuck up, (which was far from the truth) or they'd say, "She sure is quiet". Here, I can be myself and not worry about being judged. What an awesome thing! How many people can say that they have that sort of support system in their lives??

Mike,
You seriously are like a brother that I actually like! lol My surviving brother and I are polar opposites and were never close. I enjoy hearing from you daily and being able to get a guy's perspective on things when things don't make sense. I'm glad you stuck around and give some much needed tough love at times. Sometimes, women are hesitant to do that even though we need it. I'm really lucky to have you to bounce things off of. I know sometimes we give you a hard time, but we love you all the same.

While trying to explain why I still needed this group to my husband, I told him that we were of all different ages, all different socio-economic backgrounds, all different occupations, all different weights.. but it didn't matter... nobody cared. What we did share was a struggle with food and weight. Rich or poor, it doesn't matter... you're still fat, right? LOL Fat is fat. At least that's where it started. But now, it's also like a co-op to share what you are good at and take from it what you are not. It's an incredible thing. So much knowledge; so many talents to draw from.

I am extremely thankful for this dysfunctional, crazy, obnoxious family. Each and every one of you bring a unique perspective to the table. What a vast richness of life experiences we have to choose from! Through the happiest and saddest of times, I know that I can come here and laugh (and sometimes cry ) but that's ok. It makes me a better wife, mother, daughter and friend to those in my every day life. So, thank you all for this great gift that you've given me.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
4. Practice my hoe-dancing:

Life:

3. Harass Mike & April on Facebook:
[/B]
Practice makes perfect! Did you see my rant last night on FB?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ooh, I missed it! Is it still up?

No dental coupons. That's what insurance is for, silly! But I do still have fro yo coupons for when the dentist is done!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-21-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Oh man, so many wonderful post...

... I just don't know how to add anything, except: DITTO, I concur, moi OC, couldn't agree more, like wow man .

Got our first snow of the year in the Sierras. Just 3" which was enough to make everything lovely, but not cause any problems. I'll be heading off for a run in a few. My thoughts on this week's goals are a little hazy, so I'll start with the obvious ones and many amend later.

Health and Fitness:

1.) 1 liter plain water (tea, coffee, propel, soda etc don't count)
2.) 90g protein
3.) Keep carbs to 30% (yeah, like that's going to happen on Turkey day )
4.) Maintain the exercise routine: 2 runs, 2 weight workouts, 2 yoga

Life, Work and Home:

5.) Finish job hazard analyses and send for signature
6.) Get oil changed in my truck
7.) Trim bottlebrush trees
9.) Begin each day with a statement of gratitude
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
deck view.JPG (46.4 KB, 5 views)
driveway.JPG (46.6 KB, 5 views)
house.JPG (44.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-21-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Okay... here I am

Motivation! Something I desperately need!
This is my first time posting, tho I've been on this site for about 4 weeks now... watching from the sidelines.

Here are my goals for this week and I'm going to keep it simple:
Weight & Health - 158 lbs (end goal 148 by Dec 31)
1. 1200-1400 cal per day Y
2. Jog/walk 3 miles per day avg YY
3. 10 pushups, 50 crunchies, 60 sec plank, weights YY
4. 64 oz water minimum Y

Not sure what our plans are for Thanksgiving... yikes.

Other than Weight & Health:
1. Request 6 mo. extension on Masters thesis
2. Complete rough draft of 1st 2 chapters of thesis
3. Financial - start budget (map out where money has gone)
4. Give thursday to my family
5. ... that's enough...

Wish me strength, endurance, perseverance, and courage... (luck hasn't worked in the past)

Happy Thanksgiving!
Cyndee

Last edited by cyndees; 11-22-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Nope! What rant? Or if you did post a rant, then I'm not privvy to that part of your page :P

And yup- bitches be cookin'. I'm already fine at hoe dancing, I just wish I could dance confidently without having to rely on poles for support. :/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.