Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Had a very long talk with my boss this morning that's cleared a lot of the air around me. I feel lighter, and that's only a good thing. Unfortunately, I found out that the graduate student whom I'd been hoping things were cleared up with might be a little more angry/hurt in regards to our relationship than I thought, to the point where she believed that I had deliberately sabotaged one of her experiments (I didn't, and I would NEVER). I wasn't hurt necessarily that she'd told my boss instead of coming to me with that feeling (since I'm sure it'd be hard to talk with me about), but I'm rather hurt that she believes I disliked her so much that I'd do that. That tells me that things are more deteriorated than I thought. I had admitted to her that I had harbored some jealousy/misplaced anger issues that I've since gotten over, and while I had thought that would mend the bridge, instead it seems that now she's looking over our past interactions and wondering if I would do something so underhanded after my admission (if that makes sense). It speaks to a low opinion of me that I'm not sure I deserve, and was a little surprising. It was also surprising in light of the fact that she'd just complained to me about how she feels everyone "talks behind her back to the boss" and it seemed like she just did the same to me! That's part of my hurt feeling as well. It just feels like she's trying to 'get back' at me.
I'm sorry to hear that she feels that way. I really couldn't imagine you doing anything like that on purpose.

I hope that the two of you can put this behind you now that it is out there and move on.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I need to get back to work but use that phrase with caution. (not saying that you will)You can't half-ass it if you are using it. You really have to do it up, real big.
Oh, I so did this morning! I am not a "sweater" but this morning I was sweated big time. My abs were aching and my legs felt like jelly. I so did it up big this morning. ... BTW ... it felt AWESOME!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I kind of like the age that I am... my 20's and 30's were way too much work and too little cash... Although the fact that most people can't guess my age doesn't hurt... lol.

By the way.... get back to work....
So how young are you again?

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Oh, I so did this morning! I am not a "sweater" but this morning I was sweated big time. My abs were aching and my legs felt like jelly. I so did it up big this morning. ... BTW ... it felt AWESOME!
I'm like you, I rarely sweat. Lastnight at the gym, my bald head had beads of sweat all over it. The squats killed me. I felt like I was going to get sick when I left the gym, I was shaking and knew that I pushed it a little too hard... but it felt good.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

[
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm like you, I rarely sweat. Lastnight at the gym, my bald head had beads of sweat all over it. The squats killed me. I felt like I was going to get sick when I left the gym, I was shaking and knew that I pushed it a little too hard... but it felt good.
The head must sweat first because mine was mostly under the back of my hair. I really should learn to put it up in a ponytail but I'm stubborn.

I walked this summer in weather up to around 90* in business casual attire (except sneakers) and still rarely sweated. Many people asked how that was possible. I don't know. I just don't sweat. That is fine with me.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

you guys werent kidding on the catching up!! lol. it took me all morning (and hiding the site while im at work shhhhh). but i think i caught up with the most of it.

thank you all for the warm welcomes. you guys seem like such a fun bunch and am looking foward to "meeting" you all

I think i missed the boat on the 7 day thing. and am looking at all your goals. i will just cheer you all on this week and post some goals of my own this next time around.

my only goals right now are to figure out this site and get the most out of it so as i can start my looooong a$$ journey back to a normal weight and a healthy lifestyle. oh and to not kill my soon to be ex hubby. if u dont see me on here (which i plan on doing all the time now, sorry guys, your stuck with me :P ), i may be in prison on murder charges...lol.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

oh btw, my name is Michelle. im from New Mexico. im 37 and the mom to 3 boys ages, 18, 13, 11 and a beautiful baby granddaughter who just turned 1 who lives with us. they are my life and one of the main reasons i am determined to be healthy. i need to be around for them.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard Michelle. 37?? All the other ladies here are 29. Feel free to join in mid week, most of us struggle making it through a full week anyway.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Michelle! Nice to meet you!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Rose I having shopping envy I would love to see a pic it’s as close as I will get for a couple years anyways. My daughter is feeling a little better today her blood pressure is back up in the safe range and we didn’t have to go back to the hospital but they didn’t call until almost 2am so I am tired and lazy feeling today.

Amy Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your cookie there’s nothing worse than regretting a treat. I am glad you got a kick out of my concrete story I am still smiling about it I may even have to go out and be the supervisor of the pad laying lol.

Quinn Thanks. I agree people in my life have she’s still in her pj’s at 11am radar we should just drop in unannounced for tea she won’t mind. I love your 20/30’s too much work to little cash thinking, I also love my age I wasn’t big on turning 40 but the years that have followed have been really great.

April Thanks. Your poem is cute. Lol at your son’s text I think Christmas music goes with all activities.

Terri Sorry to hear you still have some drama at work I hope you can all put it behind you soon.

Mike Sorry to hear about your gf car hopefully you can find a reasonably priced new one or some inexpensive way to repair this one.

Michelle I think figuring out the site and committing to a healthy lifestyle are great goals for this week. Try not to get put in prison I don’t think you’ll get enough internet time to keep up with all the posts lol. I bet three boys and a little one keep you busy.

I am off for a walk to the grocery store I am too tired to do the gym but the sun is shining so I guess I will walk to pick up the couple things I need .Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mgonzales74
oh btw, my name is Michelle. im from New Mexico. im 29 like the rest of the ladies here and the mom to 3 boys ages, 18, 13, 11 and a beautiful baby granddaughter who just turned 1 who lives with us. they are my life and one of the main reasons i am determined to be healthy. i need to be around for them.
there! all fixed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.