Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

lol, "center of the universe moment" is a hysterical way to put that!

My son and niece were just engaged in a "how late have you ever slept" discussion; I think they are going to try to top each other.

Check In:

1. Post calories and burn more than I eat. 1308 (net burn of 389), 1268 (net burn of 365)
2. Exercise 5 times. Ran 3 miles, 30 min. stationary bike
3. Make good choices. 500 calories of cinnamon cake is not equivalent to sliced roasted chicken with veggies on whole grain bread with almonds for a snack. Yes- 2 hard candies were the only deviation from clean, Yes-couple hard candies my only concession to the junk food here
4. Drink water, drink water, drink water. Yes, Yes
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
6. Do shoulder exercises. Totally forgot, Yes
7. Finish report and email it off, so I can really be on vacation . Yes!

Something wonderful that happened to me today? My son told me I was really cool, that he liked spending time with me, and that I wasn't crazy like most of his friends' moms, lol!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-22-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:21 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
ummm I was feeling all good last week when I did a 6.5 mile walk. I wish I had that kind of endurance. Great job Pam!
And you should still feel good . It's taken me years and years to build and maintain that kind of endurance. Weight lifting (Crossfit) has really helped, but the only way to get better at running is to run..
Old 11-22-2011, 04:28 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mgonzales74
hello everyone
Welcome... good luck catching up . It has been a very busy 2 days.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Rose, snow pix in the city are often the most stunning. Something about nature interruping all of our orderlyness we try to impose in an urban setting is just , well, striking.

Tuesday's results:
Health and Fitness:

1.) 1 liter plain water (tea, coffee, propel, soda etc don't count)
M=No plenty of liquid, but not much water, T=Y
2.) 90g protein M=Y 91g , T=N (78g)
3.) Keep carbs to 30% (yeah, like that's going to happen on Turkey day )M=close 31% T=Y (28%)
4.) Maintain the exercise routine: 2 runs, 2 weight workouts, 2 yoga M=Y 11 mile run, T=Y lift and carry big rocks

Life, Work and Home:

5.) Finish job hazard analyses and send for signature
M=No T=No
6.) Get oil changed in my truck
M=No, T=No
7.) Trim bottlebrush trees
M= No have to get back to SoCal first
9.) Begin each day with a statement of gratitude
M=yup, T=you bet
Keep strong all my friends! And sweet dreams.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:23 PM
FitDay Member

Mern It’s nice to see you post I am glad things are improving with your family have a great Thanksgiving!

Terri I hope your back and neck feel better soon.

Main80 Sorry to hear you were down hope today has been better for you.

Pam It sounds like your house is perfectly placed I love the idea of choosing my weather on the weekends. You have an artistic way with words Rose hasn’t even taken her city picture yet and you made me want to see it.

Mike It’s good to see you bounce back from your down weekend I hope you have a great week.

Mary Glad to hear the detox is going well and that you are not hungry that’s always a deal breaker for me.

Quinn Those college applications sound difficult good luck to you I hope she gets into the school she’s hoping for. I love the happy faces in your goals. I spoke to my son about the vacuum expectation he admitted he was just grumpy and I explained the only thing rent gets him is not kicked out no other perks come with it.

Mgonzales Welcome.

Rose One of my favorite bags came from a Montreal shop that sells handmade items made by women who only deal in fair trade materials and supplies sourced from artisans around the world I believe it was called Artistri (something also started with A) Boutique. I ordered it online but I would love to see the store a friend went and said she loved it.

Cassie When my son gets like that my hubby say’s it’s my fault when they were little I used to tell the kids they were special and what they had to say was important, boy someone should of told me what a mistake that was going to be lol. My daughter could never sleep the way my son does so chances are your son will win that contest. Wow ”cool and not crazy” in the same sentence is the highest admiration from a teenager it sounds like you have a great kid.

Ok I did it I am all caught up tomorrow I will check in both the morning and afternoon so I can keep up with you all. I have plans in the evening but none during the day so maybe I can get my bottom to the gym hopefully writing it will help keep me accountable.My daughters been quite ill since yesterday so we have been back and forth to dr's and hospital so that might change my plans. I think they have her meds tweeked again only time will tell. I am up tonight still as the lab said they would call with her electrolyte test we had it done about nine so depending on how busy the hospital lab is I should hear before 12-1am so if that's good I am off to bed if her potassium is low we will be back at the hospital.
Have a great night everyone good luck with the thanksgiving prep tomorrow.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.5, T=2.4
Gym 2 days: 0,0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Walk
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1236, T=1280
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -1006, T=-840
Christmas prep everyday: M=Started baking. T=Got wish lists from Mom/Dad and son.
Share something wonderful that happened today: Put together a Christmas food hamper with our ladies bible study group.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Rose One of my favorite bags came from a Montreal shop that sells handmade items made by women who only deal in fair trade materials and supplies sourced from artisans around the world I believe it was called Artistri (something also started with A) Boutique. I ordered it online but I would love to see the store a friend went and said she loved it.
Darlene, that store is a 5-minute walk from me! I have shopped there many times. It's a great place to buy gifts. If you'd like I can take pictures of it next time I walk by. I can't believe the coincidence!

I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter's been sick. I really hope that you got some good news last night and didn't have to go back to the hospital. I'll be thinking of you!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 or less M,T,W,F & Sun. Thanksgiving dinners on Thursday and Saturday will be cheat meals, otherwise on-plan. 1,394, 1,813
2. 100 oz of water. Y,Y
3. 5 hours of exercise. 35 min, 0 min (Total: 0:35)
4. Protein 25% or higher. 25%, 17%
5. Calorie deficit of 3,500. -889, -156 (total: -1,045)
6. Post weight here and report in on this thread (as often as possible). 144.4, 144.8, ? got up late and the bathroom is being hogged up

Other goals:

1. Finish Christmas and Wish Lists, must be done by BF!!! N,N
2. Write Christmas letter, or at least start it. N,N
3. Start present wrapping. N,N
4. Make gingerbread dough. N,N
5. Housework 1 hour daily + 2 loads of laundry, taking FSS off. YY, YY
6. Deal with flower pots. N, 2
7. Sort through coupon binder. N, Some
8. Schedule Christmas picture. N, No date picked but spoke with the photographer.

I was doing very well yesterday but a bit of stress late in the day had me face first into a bag of tortilla chips (300 calories), and after the theater showcase last night they served cookies and cupcakes. The cookies were those sugar cookies you get at the grocery store bakery, they are only baked about 1/2 way, very soft fall apart in your mouth, with a big gob of icing on top, so I had one. My plan was for a vanilla cup cake with the icing scraped off , not the whole sugar cookie (180 calories instead of 100). So I'm 400 cal over, ugh, it sure can happen fast and it so wasn't worth it.

I have to get going the kids need a ride to school.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

What a great job you're doing on your goals surrounded by family and tons of tempting foods! I don't think I would have as much willpower! Good for you. And such a nice compliment from your boy. Sounds like a wonderful day.

Darlene,

Sorry to hear that your daughter isn't feeling well. Hope you had encouraging news when the lab results came in. There is no worse feeling than when our kids are sick. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too! Sending good wishes your way!

almeeker,

Cookies and cupcakes happen! lol I had a date cookie incident myself, yesterday. It just seems like there's so much to do and no time to do it this time of year. You get tired, stressed and every house is stockpiling holiday goodies. It's especially hard when you have kids in grade school. It seemed like every other day I was asked to make something or attend an event loaded with cupcakes, brownies and frosting. I have this "salty/sweet" issue, too. If I break down and have something sickening sweet, then I want something salty to counter balance it. Then back to sweet... well, you get the idea!

I thought that I had the entire day to myself today to catch my breath before having a big group in Thursday, but my FIL just called and said that they are coming over to visit this afternoon. Did you ever get the feeling that people just know when you are planning a quiet day?? It's like radar or something! LOL

Enjoy your day, all!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

I had a post of catch-up replies last night that I thought I saved to my hard drive when my DH needed the computer. I must have hit the cancel button instead of the save button. I was going to say "Arrgghhh!" but I'm changing it to thanksgiving for being only an inconvenience and not a life crisis. LOL

So, quickly:

Thanks to all for your welcome back.
I know I missed posts of support last week and I thank each and every one of you for that.

In addition, I regret not having or having taken the time to log on and post words of support and encouragement to the rest of you in either diet and exercise or life goals and issues, because now it's virtually impossible to catch up.

Someone asked if the "accusation" by my friend's mother was true that I was planning an intervention to address my friend's alcoholism that is destroying her life and relationships. Yes, it was true, but it was still in the very early stages and I was going to seek some professional advice first. But after her mother tipped her off, she completely cut me out of her life so the interventions isn't going to happen. I hope she has a non-alcoholic true friend or family member left who will love her enough to do it. I have decided to move on with my life and keep her in my prayers until there will come a day we can repair our friendship. I'm OK.

I know almost everyone has a friend or family member suffering some sort of "life mangling" addiction. Sometimes all the interventions just plain don't work--but I don't believe they can unless the addicts really wants help. Hugs to all of you suffering because of that.

Mike, glad you didn't cry over being unfriended on facebook. LOL

April, if I were in your shoes I'd take those compliments and run with them. Being 5' 10" and having lost all that weight must have netted you a remarkable boost to your beauty.

Cassie, thanks for your congrats on my GD's NHS acceptance. Best wishes at your Mom's house.

Quinn, best wishes on the scholarship stuff! At least you will have the distraction of Thanksgiving and family visits to take you away from that. Sorry you're missing the quiet day you had planned, though.

Well, this is just about all I can do to catch up. Have to go start straightening and cleaning the house for tomorrow. It's just 8 of us from immediate family, but I still like everything looking spic and span for our Thanksgiving feast. And then, too, Friday I can get right to work decorating the interior of the house for Christmas.

Last edited by Mern; 11-23-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.