Notices

What do you love?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Alyssa ~ what a great list. I can relate about having an ex that just didn't want you guys mine was the same as well as emotionally abusive. feels great to be doing it on your own doesn't it!!!!!!!

quinn ~ woo hoo what an awesome list. i'm sure you look FANTASTIC in jeans.

mandab1 ~ hey 3 things are a start & they are GREAT things to love. i'm sure more will come to you come back & add to your list. i am...lol
Old 03-10-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey- Thanks! It was definitely a hard fought battle but worth EVERY single tear, sleepless night, and dollar!! Mine wasn't emotionally abusive or anything like that, but he was a piece of work!! It feels amazing to be doing it on my own, although I think I'm running into a problem where now I'm so independent men get scared by it! lol We are all some amazing and strong women on this FitDay board!!

Alyssa
Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

yup doesn't it feel AMAZING to be FREE!!!!! doesn't matter emotionally abusive, phyiscally abusive, or just a piece of work it's still so liberating to be FREE!! as you know don't worry about the guys that find you to independent if that makes them run away they are saving you the effort. the 'right' guy will love & adore that about you & he'll chase you!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not quite to "love" yet, but I did manage to fit into some pre-baby #2 jeans this weekend, and have to say, I "like" my butt in jeans again
Old 03-10-2010, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Had to reply to the amazing, strong women comment... YES WE ARE!!! After waiting days for contractors to show up to demo my bathroom, I had enough and did it myself today! It felt so great! So, to tie it into this thread, what I love today was seeing their faces when they finally showed up and I told them that they were no longer needed! And I also love the extra $500 bucks in my pocket that I didn't have to pay them. Now, if I can only find "demo bathroom" under the activities tab to find my calories burned......
Old 03-10-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Had to reply to the amazing, strong women comment... YES WE ARE!!! After waiting days for contractors to show up to demo my bathroom, I had enough and did it myself today! It felt so great! So, to tie it into this thread, what I love today was seeing their faces when they finally showed up and I told them that they were no longer needed! And I also love the extra $500 bucks in my pocket that I didn't have to pay them. Now, if I can only find "demo bathroom" under the activities tab to find my calories burned......
Maybe you should check for "sledge hammering" or "cleaning - very heavy". Good for you, I can relate to another woman's need for destruction. I too have taken a heavy hand in the demolition of my home. The husband and I bought a fixer-upper (putting it nicely) 12 years ago. His plan was to go one room at a time... Imagine his surprise when he came home one afternoon to find me knee deep in plaster and lathe swinging a sledge in the upstairs hallway. For a long time after that he called me "Darling the Destroyer" under his breath, and took to hiding my favorite sledge and pry bar...
Old 03-10-2010, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Great idea, thanks! It's always easier to come up with things I DON'T like about myself. It's more work to find the positive about yourself when you have been told and believe negative things all your life :-(

Things I LOVE about myself:

My booty looks great in jeans
How seductive I feel in a hot dress and heels!
Having curves: waist
Soft skin
Having basically hairless arms without having to shave them *wish I could say the same for my legs!*
My collarbones & neck
Big brown eyes
Nice full lips
*non physical stuffs*
I always stay calm and sweet at work, even when I'm being yelled at lol
My ability to cook great food
I'm a very good friend
I'm a very supportive Other Half to my fiance
I have a good sense of humor
I'm the best dog mom my doggies could ever dream for ;-)
Old 03-10-2010, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

doowackie-I'm definitely jealous of your hairless arms!! The hair on my arms is long, I always trim it with the scissors lol.

quinnesec-that is hilarious!! Whenever I do something like that, it makes me feel invincible!!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker- Our husbands could have a long talk about the two of us. lol Mine's not surprised by anything I do any more. Years ago, I was a young, single, home owner and although I had no shortage of men asking me out for dinner, I never had one offer to shovel my driveway or install a new light fixture. So, I read a lot of books and figured it all out. Now I'm teaching my 16 year old daughter. And, by the way, I made sure my son could cook impressive meals and do wash, among other things before he went to college. So, you could say, I treated them equally. lol
Old 03-10-2010, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I'm gonna take another stab at this (it's not easy for me, which means I must need to do it)

- I love that I don't look 52 (actually i'm 51 'till the 28th)
- I love that some days, I'm okay with looking 52, as long as I'm taking care of myself
- I love every single organ in my body...they have taken abuse over the years but have responded to TLC and serve me well.
- I love my healthy, shiny hair
- I love my abs
- I love my calves
- I love the way my body responds to weight lifting

None physical
- I love my detail-oriented nature
- I love how orderly I am
- I love that I can laugh and smile when I'm happy and I can cry when I'm sad and I can allow myself to be angry and handle my anger rather than allowing it to handle me
- I love that I believe in God (I really love that)

Wow...I'm on a roll...thanks group! Better stop before the screen freezes up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.