Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hiiiiiiiii! I GET TO START RUNNING MY OWN LABS SOON! I'm so excited!!

Though IDK what to do about goals: I'll keep it simple since I'm coming back and feeling under the weather (STILL, ugh!).

Though the dating-prospect came over again last night, but I got them to go on a run with Steg and I. That's a good sign, right? (Dating is weird! Waaaaaah)

GOALS:
1. Walk 3 laps with Steg: 2, 1,
2. Drink 3L: 0, .5
3. Eat a minimum of 2 Chicken breasts: 0, 0
4. Take Vitamins: No, Yes,
Old 11-16-2011, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Hiiiiiiiii! I GET TO START RUNNING MY OWN LABS SOON! I'm so excited!!

Though IDK what to do about goals: I'll keep it simple since I'm coming back and feeling under the weather (STILL, ugh!).

Though the dating-prospect came over again last night, but I got them to go on a run with Steg and I. That's a good sign, right? (Dating is weird! Waaaaaah)

GOALS:
1. Walk 3 laps with Steg: 2, 1,
2. Drink 3L: 0, .5
3. Eat a minimum of 2 Chicken breasts: 0, 0
4. Take Vitamins: No, Yes,
Go Steg, you can do it.
You have more green in you than that! Rock on chick.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-16-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

This Week:
Health & Fitness
1) Lose 4 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 5, 5
3) Gallon of water yes, yes
4) 3000 calories deficient -680, -897
5) Walk 10 miles 1.1, 0
6) 1 cheat meal ?, ate clean
7) Gym x 3 0, 1
8) Tennis x 2 (or 100 pushups for each one missed) 0, 0 got rained out
9) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes, yes
b) Vitamin yes, yes
c) Glucosamine yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
10) Write 3 policies 1, 0
Old 11-16-2011, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Sodium was still high, but I got it down by 29%. Again, I took my Calcium and Fiber, but forgot to take my vitamins. I have to weigh myself still waiting to do that at noon.

Trivia night we did well... we came in third, but most of the game we were winning. Won a round though, so that was great. Only lost by two point.

1. Eat within calorie limits:
a) Monday: 1461 Y
b) Tuesday: 1753 Y
c) Wednesday: 1200
d) Thursday: 1461
e) Friday: 1315
f) Saturday: 1607
g) Sunday: 1461
2. Drink 8 cups of water Y, Y
3. Take Vitamins, Calcium, and Fiber N, N
4. Log everything Y, Y
5. Get an exercise routines N, N
6. Lose 2 pounds by Sunday N, N
7. Keep sodium down N, N

Non-diet
1. Do well at trivia on Tuesday Y
2. Work on cleaning the front room and bedroom N, N
3. Budget money for bills Y, Y
4. Start on Christmas shopping. N, N
Old 11-16-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda dailyM: Yes, T: Yes,
3. No extra salt M: Yes, T: Yes,
4. Exercise 5 times W-Sun W: 65min, Weekly total 1hr 5min
5. Walk 4 out of 5 work days (unless raining) M: 1.5m, T: Raining,
6. No junk in my mouth M: Yes, T: Yes,
7. Post weight daily (need to lose 5.6lbs to get back to last Monday)... M: 280.2, T: 278.2, W: 277.0 3.2lbs lost so far this week

Life goals...
1. Take a few minutes to de-stress daily not including walk at work M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. List something each day I am thankful for
M: a wonderful support system at home, T: a great place to work with awesome people,

Another 1.2lbs down! 2.4lbs to get back to last Monday's weight. I so got this!!! Helps that most of it is TOTM or sodium weight but still it's got to go!

Had a few more stressful days but I am in control of it now. I am not letting it get me down and I am back to being the family cheerleader. That is where I feel better instead of being sad.

I asked for "something wonderful" from each of the boys after school yesterday. The younger one who has been having trouble said he talked to the counselor at school and since he was getting some help outside of school she would talk to the principal about letting him stay in his regular school. I am proud that he thought that was something wonderful. It lets me know that he wants help to fix what is going on.

The older son said that he and another student were caught squirting water at each other during a lab in chemistry class and instead of yelling the teacher (who is usually serious) laughed at them.

I love this idea and am really going to try and ask them daily. Even when they are having a bad day. Or I should say especially when they are having a bad day.

Quinn ... sometimes lunch with Mom has to come before your goals. You still did well with everything else.

Amy ... Uh-oh on the daughter bouncing off the walls. I hope she calmed down and got some sleep to wake up in a good mood today for school. ... I love that your scouts wonderful thing was going to scouts. That is too cute! ... Your Halloween story brought a tear to my eye. That is so sweet that they don't remember you being heavy.

Main80 ... Great job on all your goals except that inbox. I have OCD with my inbox. I can't have things in there unless I am actively waiting for something to be done with them or the event that they announce to pass.

Pam ... Work is always good when nobody complains!

Darlene ... Thanks for the hug! What a great reward for your hubby! I personally love Dodge trucks but have recently went from my beloved 01 Ram Quad Cab to an 08 Durango. Still a Dodge but not quite a truck. Have to accomodate the kids and dogs though. LOL

MH ... I don't envy you dating. I never really had to do it. I met my hubby at 15 and married him at 16. I've never looked back.

Mike ... I would have a total meltdown if I had as many computer problems as you do. I spend ALL day at work on a computer and if it didn't work I could absolutely not do my job and I would have a total meltdown.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Question I'm Doing A Survey... lol

Good Morning All!

So, I decided to do some online Christmas shopping this morning, which led to an ongoing "text fight" with my daughter over what qualifies as a Christmas gift. As a mom on a budget, I say that a dorm-size fridge, micro, bedding, etc. qualify as nice Christmas gifts. Daughter, who apparently is not on any sort of budget, says that these are not gifts, but things that I have to buy her anyway. Frankly, she has had a good income since June and, along with putting money away for college, has bought every single thing that she has wanted from the latest electronics to expensive clothes and jackets. There's nothing left that she hasn't already bought. Other parents that I have spoken to are giving dorm items as gifts, too.

Am I looking at this wrong?? Any opinions??
Old 11-16-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Actually the dorm items you don't HAVE to buy her since she's in college and has money, she could buy those herself. I see them as gifts and good gifts at that since those can get expensive. I would turn to her and ask then what does she want. Maybe give her some dorm gifts and then some gifts that she want? That way you have the best of both worlds?
Old 11-16-2011, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Good Morning All!

So, I decided to do some online Christmas shopping this morning, which led to an ongoing "text fight" with my daughter over what qualifies as a Christmas gift. As a mom on a budget, I say that a dorm-size fridge, micro, bedding, etc. qualify as nice Christmas gifts. Daughter, who apparently is not on any sort of budget, says that these are not gifts, but things that I have to buy her anyway. Frankly, she has had a good income since June and, along with putting money away for college, has bought every single thing that she has wanted from the latest electronics to expensive clothes and jackets. There's nothing left that she hasn't already bought. Other parents that I have spoken to are giving dorm items as gifts, too.

Am I looking at this wrong?? Any opinions??
I am with you. I think the things you listed are great gifts for someone who will be going away to college.

Honestly in the past when my boys got big expensive things we have gotten them bedding & curtains to go along with it. Just because they needed them.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChibiSub
Actually the dorm items you don't HAVE to buy her since she's in college and has money, she could buy those herself. I see them as gifts and good gifts at that since those can get expensive. I would turn to her and ask then what does she want. Maybe give her some dorm gifts and then some gifts that she want? That way you have the best of both worlds?
She's a senior; hasn't left yet. I did ask her what she wanted and she said "I want to be surprised." Really?? In other words, she couldn't come up with anything.

I'm still texting her, back and forth. It's hysterical.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

At that point, I would tell her you are getting what I decide to get you since you can't even give me ideas. That's what my mom did or she would just give us the money instead. I liked getting stuff that I needed for Christmas, saves me time and money to get it myself, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.