Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Lizzie, too!
Yep, the list is growing.

Originally Posted by ChibiSub
Goals

1. Eat within calorie limits:
a) Monday: 1461
b) Tuesday: 1753
c) Wednesday: 1200
d) Thursday: 1461
e) Friday: 1315
f) Saturday: 1607
g) Sunday: 1461
2. Drink 8 cups of water
3. Take Vitamins, Calcium, and Fiber
4. Log everything
5. Get an exercise routines
6. Lose 2 pounds by Sunday
7. Keep sodium down

Non-diet
1. Do well at trivia on Tuesday
2. Work on cleaning the front room and bedroom
3. Budget money for bills
4. Start on Christmas shopping.
You have the calories spelled out for every day.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
My recap of last week is on the last week thread. I was going to paste it here but I lost it somewhere along the line. LOL Anyway my goals were awesome. It was what I didn't have as a goal that went so totally wrong over the weekend. I ate like I had no care in the world. I had the whole good angel / bad devil thing going on and my angel must have taken a leave of absence because my devil was up to no good all weekend. I won't go into all the details and make everyone hungry when you all are doing so well but I should find a carboholic meeting sometime in the near future!

So for my sins (and Aunt Flo) I am up 5.6lbs today since last Monday. I am not changing my sig because I am determined that it has to be mostly TOTM and sodium and whatever I achieve by next Monday will be my new sig weight. I have also come to the realization that to some degree I am depressed. There are moments in the day right now where I can (and have) cry at the drop of a pin. I know it is stress and it will all work out but I have never had this type of stress in my life and it is really wearing on me. I am always the upbeat person with the smile telling everyone else that it will be okay. Thank God I have my hubby to support me through all of this. I just hope that I am supporting him too.

So onto making some new goals...I may have to borrow one or two from some other members...hope you don't mind

Health / Fitness
1. 80oz water daily
2. Limit one diet soda daily
3. No extra salt
4. Exercise 5 times
5. Walk 4 out of 5 work days (unless raining) M: 1.5m,
6. No junk in my mouth

Life goals...
1. Take a few minutes to de-stress daily not including walk at work
2. List something each day I am thankful for

Mike ... I wouldn't count losing 4 out of 5lbs a failure. I would say that is an 80% WIN! Good for you on getting all those fish cleaned. I wouldn't have done it. Not even one of them!

Quinn ... I love your 'something wonderful' goal.
I'm sorry you're feeling down. I had a similar experience about the time I hit the 50-60 lb mark (that and I was cold all the time), and some of it honestly was from living at a deficit for so long. Did the binge perk you up at all? Or did you just feel worse afterward? If the binge perked you up, it might be the diet causing your tears and sadness, but either way if it continues you might want to bring it up with your doctor. Exercise is a very good way to increase your mood, I know you've been doing a lot of walking, maybe you need to bump it up a little. Burn off some calories and work off your aggressions. Kickboxing maybe? If you have a Wii I love the boxing dude, especially at the end where you throw as many punches as you can. I keep waiting for the Stomp people to come out with a workout video, I'm certain if you strapped garbage can lids to your feet and stomped around the neighborhood, you would feel really pumped up after, not to mention the neighbors would be chasing you with tomatoes and garden hoses as well.

I too love Quinn's "something wonderful" idea, might have to get the kids to do that with me. They've been all Grouchland with me lately.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
You have the calories spelled out for every day.
Yeah, I do a zigzag calorie diet. It helps a lot since I know there are some days that I can eat some higher calorie items, so I don't feel so stuck eating the same foods everyday.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
My recap of last week is on the last week thread. I was going to paste it here but I lost it somewhere along the line. LOL Anyway my goals were awesome. It was what I didn't have as a goal that went so totally wrong over the weekend. I ate like I had no care in the world. I had the whole good angel / bad devil thing going on and my angel must have taken a leave of absence because my devil was up to no good all weekend. I won't go into all the details and make everyone hungry when you all are doing so well but I should find a carboholic meeting sometime in the near future!

So for my sins (and Aunt Flo) I am up 5.6lbs today since last Monday. I am not changing my sig because I am determined that it has to be mostly TOTM and sodium and whatever I achieve by next Monday will be my new sig weight. I have also come to the realization that to some degree I am depressed. There are moments in the day right now where I can (and have) cry at the drop of a pin. I know it is stress and it will all work out but I have never had this type of stress in my life and it is really wearing on me. I am always the upbeat person with the smile telling everyone else that it will be okay. Thank God I have my hubby to support me through all of this. I just hope that I am supporting him too.

So onto making some new goals...I may have to borrow one or two from some other members...hope you don't mind

Health / Fitness
1. 80oz water daily
2. Limit one diet soda daily
3. No extra salt
4. Exercise 5 times
5. Walk 4 out of 5 work days (unless raining) M: 1.5m,
6. No junk in my mouth

Life goals...
1. Take a few minutes to de-stress daily not including walk at work
2. List something each day I am thankful for

Mike ... I wouldn't count losing 4 out of 5lbs a failure. I would say that is an 80% WIN! Good for you on getting all those fish cleaned. I wouldn't have done it. Not even one of them!

Quinn ... I love your 'something wonderful' goal.
Does Aunt Flo have anything to do about your depression? What about the change in weather/season? Seriously that can have a big effect on some people. Are you subconsiously mourning a loved one (INCLUDING pet) b/c the holidays are coming? That happens a lot a well. Those may or may not be the cause I just wanted to point out what may be the obvious, b/c once you figure out "why" then you can work on dealing with it.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ChibiSub
Yeah, I do a zigzag calorie diet. It helps a lot since I know there are some days that I can eat some higher calorie items, so I don't feel so stuck eating the same foods everyday.
How does the zigzag work when the calories burned also zigzags? Doesn't it throw it all off? I know that I usually eat more on the days that I plan to burn more.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm sorry you're feeling down. I had a similar experience about the time I hit the 50-60 lb mark (that and I was cold all the time), and some of it honestly was from living at a deficit for so long. Did the binge perk you up at all? Or did you just feel worse afterward? If the binge perked you up, it might be the diet causing your tears and sadness, but either way if it continues you might want to bring it up with your doctor. Exercise is a very good way to increase your mood, I know you've been doing a lot of walking, maybe you need to bump it up a little. Burn off some calories and work off your aggressions. Kickboxing maybe? If you have a Wii I love the boxing dude, especially at the end where you throw as many punches as you can. I keep waiting for the Stomp people to come out with a workout video, I'm certain if you strapped garbage can lids to your feet and stomped around the neighborhood, you would feel really pumped up after, not to mention the neighbors would be chasing you with tomatoes and garden hoses as well.

I too love Quinn's "something wonderful" idea, might have to get the kids to do that with me. They've been all Grouchland with me lately.
Unfortunately it didn't help me feel better. I know that it is the stress right now that is getting to me. I will be talking weekly with a family therapist on how to handle what is going on with our son starting tomorrow. I really don't want to but it seems we have exhausted our other options. I just hate to feel helpless. I am supposed to be able to fix what is wrong for my kids & family. I won't stay this way for long. I just feel totally like the bad guy and I know my hubby does too. We have him grounded from everything that he enjoys. But I have a voice in the back of my mind saying that I am punishing him for reacting to someone else's bad behavior. Not that his reactions are appropriate and that is why he needs anger management to figure out what to do with his reactions. But really, I have mentioned a few times to the school that they need to do something and so far I have only heard about the things my son is doing wrong. I will fix this. I just have to figure out how to do it.

Oh Gosh! That was TMI and I am tempted to delete it but I am going to post it.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

Does Aunt Flo have anything to do about your depression? What about the change in weather/season? Seriously that can have a big effect on some people. Are you subconsiously mourning a loved one (INCLUDING pet) b/c the holidays are coming? That happens a lot a well. Those may or may not be the cause I just wanted to point out what may be the obvious, b/c once you figure out "why" then you can work on dealing with it.
My reply to Amy's post probably explains the whole "why" of the way I am feeling right now. Thank you for trying to help though!

I have always loved fall. I really like it when it starts to snow but today I was outside walking in mid-November in a skirt and a short sleeved top in PA! That is almost unheard of. The weather is beautiful today. I do miss my dog. He was one of a kind and due to the things going on with my son I really didn't get to 'celebrate' him on the anniversary of his passing. The hardest thing is that our families aren't close so I really have nobody other than my hubby to pour my heart out to at times and I need to be strong for him because he stresses out easier than I do. I will figure this out. I just hope it doesn't take too long.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

How does the zigzag work when the calories burned also zigzags? Doesn't it throw it all off? I know that I usually eat more on the days that I plan to burn more.
I use freedieting.com calculator to figure out my zigzag... I used this years ago and lost 36 pounds in 6 months. Calorie zigzagging provides same amount of calories per week, but tricks your body by constantly changing daily calories. This helps to prevent or break plateaus. I exercise the same amount everyday that I do exercise. I never found it to throw anything off.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Amy I right alongside you with the Christmas chore list I started this weekend with shopping I have finished my daughters list and got 3 of 5 stockings done. I also found lovely old fashioned burgundy and gold Christmas wrapping paper it has six designs and all the ribbons and bows to match. Christmas cards are under production as we speak, my daughter is a crafter so she hand makes the cards she has 3 designs in the works so we should have them in the mail by next week.

Quinn I love your idea of sharing the nice things that happen we are so blessed and yet we forget that and sweat the small stuff all the time, I am in! I chuckled at your need for Martha Stewart my daughter is very much a fan but would probably spend all her time fighting with her over who’s center piece is better lol.

Mike You had a really good week thanks for pushing us last week also. Good job on getting all your fish fileted that must have been a huge job.

Chibisub Hi your zigzag program is interesting.

April Sorry to hear you feel down make sure you do something nice for yourself today. Remember you are not alone you should post honestly it will help. My son is a high performance elite athlete who struggled in high school due to his I am special the rules don’t apply to me stinky attitude that trust me my hubby wanted to smack out of him often. We spent many afternoons in the principal’s office and often felt we had made some large parental mistakes but talking to other parents who’s children had different backgrounds and interest we found they too were struggling raising teens is hard period. So having shared that my, son is now 20 a coach with a waiting list to get in his programs a wonderful girlfriend and a bright future. I went to pick him up a couple months ago and he was sitting on a bench talking to a 12 year old boy who was experiencing bullying at school and I heard a man who was sensitive, smart , understanding and wise in the advice he gave and even writing this I feel amazed and proud that we raised this man. So hang in there do what you believe and trust your instincts!!

My mom is following the weight watchers plan and she was telling me that fruit does not cost them points so she can eat as much as she wants I said I thought that was very odd as fruit is high in calories and sugar but she said that you cannot get fat eating fruit so what do you think?

Good afternoon everyone I am late arriving to the party but with my parents in town I need to run around in the morning and make sure the house is ready for a surprise inspection. I was very busy all weekend so I am aiming for a casual day today. Have a great day everyone.

Goals:
Exercise 5 days:
Walk 25k (15.5m):
Gym 2 days:
Squats 5 days:
Ab work 5 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
Christmas prep everyday:
List something wonderful that happened today:
Old 11-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dar n
Mike You had a really good week thanks for pushing us last week also. Good job on getting all your fish fileted that must have been a huge job.

My mom is following the weight watchers plan and she was telling me that fruit does not cost them points so she can eat as much as she wants I said I thought that was very odd as fruit is high in calories and sugar but she said that you cannot get fat eating fruit so what do you think?

Good afternoon everyone I am late arriving to the party but with my parents in town I need to run around in the morning and make sure the house is ready for a surprise inspection. I was very busy all weekend so I am aiming for a casual day today. Have a great day everyone.

Goals:
Exercise 5 days:
Walk 25k (15.5m):
Gym 2 days:
Squats 5 days:
Ab work 5 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
Christmas prep everyday:
List something wonderful that happened today:
Thanks x 2. What do I think about Weight Watches? I think they can't make up their mind. I've heard more bad than good about WW, people get stuck paying and paying b/c they struggle to reach their goal weight. Maybe that's why they keep changing what you can count??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.