Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-19-2011, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda dailyM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
3. No extra salt M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
4. Exercise 5 times W-Sun W: 65min, Th: 50min, F: 40min, Sat: No, Weekly total 2hr 35min
5. Walk 4 out of 5 work days (unless raining) M: 1.5m, T: Raining, W: Raining, Th: 2m, F: worked through lunch
6. No junk in my mouth M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
7. Post weight daily (need to lose 5.6lbs to get back to last Monday)... M: 280.2, T: 278.2, W: 277.0, Th: 276.6, F: 276.2, S: 275.05.2lbs lost so far this week

Life goals...
1. Take a few minutes to de-stress daily not including walk at work M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes,
2. List something each day I am thankful for
M: a wonderful support system at home, T: a great place to work with awesome people, W: got a surprise phone call and my dad is coming in this weekend, Th: spent some time just browsing at a store, don't do that very often, F: Spent a wonderful evening with my dad and my family

Yesterday was great again! Down another 1.2lbs today. That is even after going out for fried fish dinner last night with my dad and family. We had a wonderful time. Then came back to the house to sit and talk for a while. I was so tired that I was dozing off LOL That's what getting up at 4am does to me. I skipped this morning's workout to go back to bed when my hubby went to work. I got to sleep until 7:15 and felt a lot better. Dad headed back home this morning after buying Burger King for breakfast. That sandwich sounded a lot better than it tasted for sure. Glad I skipped out on the hashbrowns.

I have spent the rest of today doing laundry and watching scary movies with my son. I rarely take a whole day off and am getting ready to go make mushroom ravioli for dinner to be ready when my hubby gets off work.

The laptop battery is about to die so I better go for now. Hope to check in tomorrow morning too.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here as well. Having a good weekend food-wise and having a lot of fun Christmas shopping... mostly online. I've found some great deals and no shipping! Yea! I think I'll be doing 80% of everything online this year. I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in town and since I'm not doing a whole lot of clothes shopping, I don't have to worry about things fitting properly, etc. The stores around here seem empty (merchandise-wise) for being this close to Black Friday. Hoping to get most things done before then so that I don't have to fight the unruly mobs. (I may have to push my way through for the dorm-size fridge and micro though! )

Did you know that you can find the Black Friday ads already online? It's great! Why didn't I know about this?? I'm always the last to know everything!! LOL

Daughter is now on board with dorm shopping and is actually enjoying picking out a lot of the stuff herself. (I think after talking with most of her friends, the other parents have the same idea.)

Back to shopping!

Enjoy the weekend all!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Whos ad is online?
Old 11-19-2011, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Why hello there lovelies! Mike & April are getting treated to my super sexy sorority semiformal pics, and tonight is my fraternity's semiformal! Then I promise I'll post pics and show you guys that I (sometimes) clean up well! Hope that you're all having a fabulous day <3
Old 11-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Fabulous day? Sitting here with a big bag of peanut M&M's as I crash and burn!
Old 11-19-2011, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Whos ad is online?
Everyone's...

TheBlackFriday.com - The Official Black Friday 2011 Website for Black Friday Ads, Black Friday Deals, Black Friday Sales, Thanksgiving Sale, Thanksgiving Deals

If you Google "Black Friday Ads", a bunch of them have been "unofficially" posted.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default is it saturday already???

OK here's Friday. Falling off a bit, but I got excuses . (Yeah I know... everyone's got em)

Diet and fitness:
1.) 2 pieces of fruit every day Y,Y Y, Y, Y
2.) 1 quart of water (just plain water) everyday. Coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count Y, Y, Y, Y(and then some), NO, but in my defense I intentionally kept the volume low since I had a 5 hour drive ahead of me and I didn’t want to stop every half hour to pee.
3.) Protein @40% or 90g 28%(92g), 30%(92g), 33% (88g). 29% (110g) 26% (123g)
4.) Carbs @ 30% 31%, 30%, 27%. 25%, 38%
5.) No white foods including rice, potatoes, or bread Y, Y,Y, N (roasted potatoes), N more potatoes – baked and to make it worse, stuffed.
6.) Limit beer and wine to 1 glass with dinner Y, Y, Y(0), N (3, had to try the cousins’ home brew then went for Italian food – 2 glasses of wine), N really falling off this one, not 2, not 3 but 4 glasses – dang that DH and his delicious homebrew
Home, work & life:
1.) Order DH Christmas & B'day gifts (his is the 26th the poor guy) not yet, 2 down, 2 more
2.) Try 1 new recipe this week, Not yet,Thurs: nope still not yet, No
3.) Clip the kitty's claws (hate this chore, probably more than they hate it)
1 kitty, whew… 2nd kitty quite the battle
4.) Pay bills including the Property Taxes - yikes! Y-taxes, Y-bills paid (no fun $ left), oops hitting the checking acct a little too hard
5.) Finish 2 remaining study plans for this year's research 1 down, Not the 2nd – waiting for the student to finish her plan… probably not this week
6.) Remain faithful to the plan over the weekend Not off to a great start if Friday counts as the weekend.
7.) Be kind to crabby people. M- Didn’t meet any, T-smiled a lot at the Post Office, I think that counts. W, so far so good, but I didn’t meet any really crabby people. Th: Yes indeed, DH was in a foul mood and I managed to just smile

Today's been pretty good...I'll post the full story tomorrow.
Darlene, I hope you enjoyed the Greek food - it's about my favorite. There are a ton of good choices, (other than lots of wine.)
Wilbeanerz: I'm still annoyed with that idiot co-worker of yours. I totally agree with Mike's comment about walking vs. running. Maybe standing up turkeys (and not the good kind) is part of your journey .
MAIN80 - 2 kitties. One was hit by a car last May. He went through quite a hospitalization, 2 surgeries, tube feeding - quite the trama for all of us. But he is hail and healthy now - our little miracle kitty.
Mike - sorry about your computer problems. IDK some people just seem to have bad computer karma.... I've know several over the years.
Quinn - I totally love all the great things you can find on line these days. I still tend to browse the catalogs first, but many times I find additional stuff once I hit the website.
Terri - Ah the terrible "P's" popcorn, peanut butter, and pasta. Just add potatoes and you have a disaster in the making .
Amy - I so wish we had your school system here. I don't have kids, but I see the youngsters around these days and find myself really worrying about their future.
Mike - dude, not sure I really needed the blow-by-blow on shaving your head. But hey, you put up with all the PMS jokes and comments, so I guess it's fair enough.

OK, I gots to get on to my #2 - new recipe - catch up on Sunday.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:23 PM
FitDay Member

Pam I wish I made good wine choices, I did not make any good choices and my calories are the proof but having said that I had a great time. This week has been hard with 4 restaurant days I figure tomorrow I will cleanse water and lemon may be the answer for Sundays meals I also need to finish walking I don’t think I will get close to my 25k’s.

I hope you have all had a great weekend I really have fallen short of my plan this week I am not going to get any gym days in and my diet has been below par. I heard myself think “it’s ok you already screwed today up so you may as well enjoy everything you are missing and start fresh on monday” I do not know if this is an issue for anyone else but it’s a HUGE problem for me if I let myself think like this it will be weeks of binging so I must get control back! I have really enjoyed the socializing and eating out this week but I have no plans next week so I have no excuses for failing so please do not let me make any, ok Mike this is an opening for you to kick my butt, you should stop eating m&m's first though!
Have a great Sunday!

Goals:
Walk 25k (15.5m): M=3.3k, T=7.2k, W=0, T=6k, F=0,S=0
Gym 2 days: 0, 0, 0, 0,0,0=Fail
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N, F=N, S=N
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N, F=N, S=N
Calories less than 1400: M=1206, T=961, W=1339, T=1238, F=1671, S=1809
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-803, T=-1141, W=-680, T=-728, F=301, S= -135
Christmas prep everyday: M=Boxing Day invitations made. T=Christmas chocolates/pickles/crackers/nuts &baking supplies bought. W= Christmas storage boxes out/reindeer put together. T=Hubby’s gift purchased . F= Sausage rolls & nuts &bolts done packaged and ready to go and I only had to clean up Mom and Daughter made them, S=0
List something wonderful that happened today: We enjoyed a great meal with family and friends at my favorite Greek restaurant!
Old 11-20-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Sometimes I feel bad send the MIA a message b/c I never want anyone to feel that I'm hounding them. I do it b/c I care and I want everyone to know that whether they've fallen off the wagon or not, we are all here... like one big dysfunctional family. I also know that from personal experience I tent to stray away when I'm not motivated, which is the time that I really should be here leaning on everyone for support.

I'm being good from here on out. I haven't cheated but my choices haven't been super clean. I had a wrap and salad today for lunch. The wrap was bigger than what I expected and I ate it. BUT it's not like I was eating friend chicken and french fries. This weekend I need to be clean, clean, clean. I also think I need a little cleansing so I think I'll drink a cup of CCT tonight.
Mike you shouldn't feel bad at all for sending those messages. I think it would be a good idea if we all made a pact that if one of us strays that they should expect one of these messages. The worst that can happen is the message gets ignored but since we are all a kooky dysfunctional oddball family here in our corner of the interwebs, we should look out for each other.

I personally was touched by your PM. Of course I had been thinking about you all (somewhat obsessively) and since I had fallen off the wagon so miserably I was too embarrassed to come back here and fess up to my gluttony. When I got that message from you, it really hit home. We've all gone up and down and this is the last place I'll be judged, plus being in contact with all of you, sharing our challenges, celebrating our victories, is such a valuable part of my success. Slow and steady wins the race, so even if I take a break, getting back in the race is what counts the most.

I am so happy to be back here with all of you! I really want to let go of my unhealthy relationship with food and get back to my exercise routine.

Thanks to all of you Motivators for being here!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 11-20-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Main80, thanks for the welcome and all the encouragement. It means so much!

April, wow! You are doing great. Thanks for the inspiration!

Terri, yay! It's lovely to "see" you too. As for the pact to step on the scale next week... I'm scared! I'm so afraid. No scratch that, I am downright TERRIFIED. Honestly, I can't even describe to you how bad I was for a solid 3 weeks. I realize now that I went too far capping my daily calories at 1200 and exercising 6 hours per week for the weeks leading up to the binge. It was too strict and when I eventually had one meal that was off plan, it set me off on a totally destructive 3-week binge. Of course having stress in my life, moving from country to country, not having a routine, all compounded the self destructive rampage I was on. I'm just relieved it's over and behind me and now I am moving forward. So about that scale, have you stepped on it yet?

Quinn, you've totally motivated me to start my Christmas shopping too! Thanks!

Mike, love the head shaving pictures.

Darlene, don't worry about falling short of your plan this week. You did fine on calories, the worst that can happen is you stay the same which is not bad at all! And look at all the prepping you got done for Christmas! Way to go!

Pam, glad to see you enjoyed some Italian wine! How was your cousin's homemade wine? My dad used to make it every year and his was pretty damn good. I still have a few bottles but I'm saving them of course.

Last edited by mtlgirl; 11-20-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.