Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Some of y’all may remember the pics I posted from the horrific murder scene that I had at my house a few months back. Well this morning I get up to discover that there has been an abduction! I got up and went into the kitchen to tell my food scale good morning and guess what? She’s missing!!!! The place has been whipped clean of all fingerprints. Right about now panic mode is starting to set it. I have to sit down for a minute to catch my breath. I’m in shock. I mean really? How could someone break in during the night and take off with my baby while she sleeps. I search the house, did through the trash, where can she be? By now the sadness and disbelief has worn off and I’m in a rage. What am I going to do? She was recently on deaths door and I revived her with a new battery, this can’t be happening. After doing some investigative work, I uncovered that the middle daughter cleaned up the kitchen and moved her. I searched a little longer and was eventually reunited with her. It was a joyous occasion. I immediately used her to make a blueberry protein shake this morning, but I was so frazzled that when I walked out the door I left my shake sitting on the counter next to my scale. Maybe they can keep an eye on each other!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
He's a good guy but lets just say, I don't think he had anything on and the pic went pretty low. He had removed the pic, so you won't find it.
I once took a photo of my girls when they were very little playing in a tub full of suds, only I didn't realize that there was a reflection of me on the faucet, and uh there was much to see in that little image. Yep, let's just say that's not one we made copies of for the grandmas. It can happen, he probably didn't even realize.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Some of y’all may remember the pics I posted from the horrific murder scene that I had at my house a few months back. Well this morning I get up to discover that there has been an abduction! I got up and went into the kitchen to tell my food scale good morning and guess what? She’s missing!!!! The place has been whipped clean of all fingerprints. Right about now panic mode is starting to set it. I have to sit down for a minute to catch my breath. I’m in shock. I mean really? How could someone break in during the night and take off with my baby while she sleeps. I search the house, did through the trash, where can she be? By now the sadness and disbelief has worn off and I’m in a rage. What am I going to do? She was recently on deaths door and I revived her with a new battery, this can’t be happening. After doing some investigative work, I uncovered that the middle daughter cleaned up the kitchen and moved her. I searched a little longer and was eventually reunited with her. It was a joyous occasion. I immediately used her to make a blueberry protein shake this morning, but I was so frazzled that when I walked out the door I left my shake sitting on the counter next to my scale. Maybe they can keep an eye on each other!
Sorry dude.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
I once took a photo of my girls when they were very little playing in a tub full of suds, only I didn't realize that there was a reflection of me on the faucet, and uh there was much to see in that little image. Yep, let's just say that's not one we made copies of for the grandmas. It can happen, he probably didn't even realize.
Looked like he was standing in the mirror in his birthday suite taking the pic. I'd hope he knew when he posted it. He graciously look it down when something was said to him. I was just like He may not have thought much about it when he posted it.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

We once bought something on ebay with a strange picture. It was something chrome & shiny and the reflection in it I would swear was a nekkid man. Maybe it was an advertising ploy since we still bought whatever it was!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Just made my calorie budget but, once again, my food choices weren't great. Mom treated for lunch and I was kind of obligated to eat around what appealed to her... and it wasn't pretty. Tomorrow I should be able to get back on track.

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th. Down 3
2. Change my mental attitude toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Check!
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Didn't need to.

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 1102, 1196
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes, Yes
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days, weather permitting. 1
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! I ate all 3! Ditto
8. List something wonderful that happened to me today. I had a peaceful afternoon to spend as I wished... no lists, deadlines, errands- nothing!
Old 11-15-2011, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card

Healthy Goals

1. Calories 1,400 M-T-W-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,400, 1,399
2. 100 oz water. Y,Y
3. Protein 25% or higher. 27%, 22%
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -1,024, -1,306 (total -2,330)
5. Exercise 7 hours. 50 min, 75 min (2:05)
6. Log everything, and report on this thread. Y,Y
7. Report my weight right here. 157.6, 156
8. Limit cheating to a single meal, of normal size and duration. No cheating. No cheating.
9. 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, 100 push-ups, 10 sets of calf raises, 10 miles. 25-20-10-0-1, 25-20-20-2-0 (total 50-40-30-2-1)

Other Stuff

1. Deal with flower pots. 2 down, N
2. Deal with squash, pickles and pumpkins. Finished the pickles! Washed all the acorn squash and baked 8 of them. Baked 14 acorn squash.
3. Housekeeping 1 hour + 1 load of laundry/daily. YY, YY
4. Start Christmas list and update wish list. N,N
5. Deal with coupon binder. N,N

Today was rather hectic, Girl Scouts sort of takes a toll on my Tuesday allotment of sanity. I enjoy it, but it's a lot of extra running around, and I don't get much done beyond the meeting. I ate clean, but did not make my protein goal because the kids have been begging me to make "Ham & Potatoes", which is basically potatoes au gratin with ham, I make it in the crock pot. The kids love it. And since I make it in the morning it works well for scout night, as I'm brain dead by the end of the meeting. I've made a few changes to the original recipe so a good sized bowl of it is only 250 calories. The original was like 400 calories per cup !!! So I got the calories cut but the carbs are still right up there.

Quinn I did the "tell me about something wonderful" exercise at Brownies today, at least 3 of my girls said that their something wonderful was getting to come to Girl Scouts. Which was very sweet.

I'm wiped out, need sleep, and I think middle DD is experiencing some sort of reaction to a food dye. She's revved up through the rafters, running up and down the hall screaming and giggling hysterically. She just informed me that she's downed 5 bottles of water with flavor packets added to them. Good grief, she's wired up and will be up and down all night peeing to boot. OY! Wish me luck.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-16-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Today started off good, then quickly turned to crap with computer issues again. I'm about to head to the gym in a little bit, I'll update later but will probably have to comment on everyone tomorrow.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Something wonderful that happened to me today.

I was packing up Halloween stuff today, and came across an adorable leopard costume that my girls wore when they were little, it's about the size of the little girl I watch so I tossed it into the dress-up box. When my girls saw it they didn't remember wearing it at all, or ever seeing any photos of it. So we took a trip down memory lane on the computer and pulled up old photos from past Halloweens. In one of the photos the kids are decorating the yard, and I'm standing in the background. One of the girls said, "hey mom who is that?". So I said, "it's me silly". And then all 3 of them proceeded to laugh and ask again who it was. It took a few minutes and some other photographs and some zooming in, to convince them. They almost don't remember the old fat mom, and that is pretty wonderful.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

I was packing up Halloween stuff today, and came across an adorable leopard costume that my girls wore when they were little, it's about the size of the little girl I watch so I tossed it into the dress-up box. When my girls saw it they didn't remember wearing it at all, or ever seeing any photos of it. So we took a trip down memory lane on the computer and pulled up old photos from past Halloweens. In one of the photos the kids are decorating the yard, and I'm standing in the background. One of the girls said, "hey mom who is that?". So I said, "it's me silly". And then all 3 of them proceeded to laugh and ask again who it was. It took a few minutes and some other photographs and some zooming in, to convince them. They almost don't remember the old fat mom, and that is pretty wonderful.
That's a funny story Amy.

Is it just me or is this play like a ghost town, for being a Tuesday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.