Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-15-2011, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Pm me your FB link
Old 11-15-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

It was a good Monday!

1. Under 1200 calories M-F. Sunday 1400. 1116
2. Water 3 liters every day. Yes
3. Exercise 4 times M-F Yes
4. Additional daily squats Yes
5. Stay away from cheese Yes
6. Stay away from baked goods Yes
7. Take vitamins Yes
8. Go to sleep before midnight Yes
9. Clean my inbox. Halfway there.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Great Monday, Quinn, Almeeker, Cassie and Pam.

Darlene, I am a night owl myself but I also admit I am not doing anything important so I should be asleep, bad habit that I need to break. Nice wonderful story, hope you weren't too cold on your hike today... 3 degrees...

Joanna, you weren't bringing anyone down. Plateaus are hard, I haven't seen a drop in a sometime now, but you seem to have broken yours! Watch out for those reporters and cameras!

April, Great that you are feeling better and that the crazy pounds are leaving.

Mhibdon, glad you are back, you were missed! Congrats on the pounds lost! You sound very busy!

Chibisub, watch your sodium today, otherwhise good day yesterday.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Great job Main80! How are the squats coming?
Old 11-15-2011, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
That is usually me too. Cross stitch, fold laundry, clip dog nails, FB on my phone, etc LOL
Why does that not surprise me.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I think the "Raciest Progress Pictures" award went to Jackdup. I think he has since removed them. Mine isn't THAT bad, my pants are just a little low. The pic in my "public profile" also has them low but that's a small pic.
Gee I missed those. Who was the guy that posted before and after pics in his underwear? The after pic was okay but the before took some serious nerve to post on a public forum.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, was it Justawalker?
Old 11-15-2011, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Gee I missed those. Who was the guy that posted before and after pics in his underwear? The after pic was okay but the before took some serious nerve to post on a public forum.

By curious nature I looked it up and the one I see in his intro thread is fairly racey but I'm not sure if it is the one they are referring to.

Originally Posted by almeeker
Why does that not surprise me.
Because you and I are very similar.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
By curious nature I looked it up and the one I see in his intro thread is fairly racey but I'm not sure if it is the one they are referring to.

Because you and I are very similar.
He's a good guy but lets just say, I don't think he had anything on and the pic went pretty low. He had removed the pic, so you won't find it.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
You made my day... Thanks!

The nice thing about "the confessional" is that there's a rule that anything that was "confessed" to me there, stayed there. No parents, school officials, etc. were or would be, ever contacted, no matter how bad. I just thought that if they could bounce something off of an adult, in confidence, the advice received would be more reliable than from another kid. Lots of tears and lots of hugs... lots of boyfriend/girlfriend advice, period advice, birth control advice , advice to a gay teen, you name it, I've heard it... probably more than once. Some are now nearly 30 and if I see them on the street, I still get hugs. They're great kids. They're all "my kids" and I love each and every one of them, no matter how messed up...lol. They're like puppies at an animal shelter... they all have issues, but they're all lovable.

My parents were very wonderful, but very "old-school", strict and stiff. No hugs, (handshakes for the boys), no silliness and most topics were considered "not proper conversation". I swore, when I had kids, I would break that cycle and boy, did I! lol The one thing that I never got used to were kids calling me by my first name, so they all call me "mom" which has gotten some funny looks. Especially for one of my son's friends who is a huge 6'3", black bodybuilder. (I'm 5'5" and blonde.)

Probably TMI... sorry! When people ask, "What have you been doing since you left the business 15 years ago?", that's what I've been doing and, for me, it was the best thing ever.
That's a great policy, I may have to find a spot in my house for that, I can do the zip lip thing. When I was in college I had a rule with my friends that if they were somewhere and didn't have a sober ride home, or they were somewhere not safe, they could call me and I would come get them, no questions asked and no gossip later. I just felt that I would rather be up in the middle of the night helping my drunk friends get home safely then at a funeral any day of the week. You would not believe the stories I could tell about that, but I'm sworn to secrecy. I even went and picked up a person I didn't know, he had borrowed a jacket from a friend of mine and in the pocket of the jacket there was a card that said, "If too drunk to drive home call...". I took a friend with me that night, because I didn't know that guy at all, but he got home safely. And we laughed about it for quite a while afterward.

I hear you on kids calling you by your first name. Most of the kiddos I see regularly call me Miss Amy, because if they call me Mrs. MyLastName I look over my shoulder and gasp because I think they must be talking to my MIL.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-15-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.