Notices

Really slowed down loss

Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Really slowed down loss

I decided Sept 9 to start losing my excess weight. I had planned to start Jan 1, but could not get going. I increased by protein to 100 , carbs less than 100, no sugar or processed food. I kept calories at 1400. I am 62 hate exercise. I do walk mall on occasions. I dropped 20 pounds by middle of oct. So discouraged now just stopped losing since middle of oct. I have to do it. It was working but just stopped losing. My 41 year old Son started at 320 Jan 1 , and is now down to 210. If he can do it I can. He did no exercise until last month rides his bike now. I guess I have to cut my intake more to 1200 or lower to get this weight loss going again.

Sept 9 230
Nov 13 210
first Goal 199
second Goal 180 by Feb 22 if possible.
third Goal 170
fourth Goal 160
Old 11-13-2011, 06:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Gailflorida
I decided Sept 9 to start losing my excess weight. I had planned to start Jan 1, but could not get going. I increased by protein to 100 , carbs less than 100, no sugar or processed food. I kept calories at 1400. I am 62 hate exercise. I do walk mall on occasions. I dropped 20 pounds by middle of oct. So discouraged now just stopped losing since middle of oct. I have to do it. It was working but just stopped losing. My 41 year old Son started at 320 Jan 1 , and is now down to 210. If he can do it I can. He did no exercise until last month rides his bike now. I guess I have to cut my intake more to 1200 or lower to get this weight loss going again.

Sept 9 230
Nov 13 210
first Goal 199
second Goal 180 by Feb 22 if possible.
third Goal 170
fourth Goal 160
I think you should speak to a nutritionist or dietitician to determine what your calories should be. Remember the fewer calories you take in, the fewer nutrients you take in from food too and you don't want a deficiency which can cause other health problems.

Since you are older you may have a naturally slower metabolism and it might take more time to lose weight, and everyone has plateaus. I wouldn't recommend going below 1200 calories.