Some wonderful ladies on another thread were discussing the power of gratitude in dealing with the day-to-day stress we all encounter. I've learned first hand the power of gratitude to quickly change my outlook on life. It's something I need to focus on daily so I thought I'd begin a thread to help. Feel free to add your own!
1. This forum! So nice to have people to walk the path with.
2. My career.
3. The gift of learning...no matter what our age.
4. Soft, clean sheets:)
5. Completing an exercise session feeling exhilerated.
1. that at 5:55 every morning my puppy crawls up on my pillow and cuddles in my hair waiting for the alarm to go off at 6.
2. a clean slate and new day every morning.
3. feeling sore when i wake up because i know i worked my toosh off the night before in the gym!
I think a lot of people miss out on the joy that surrounds them already, when focus always seems to be on what we don't have.
I am grateful for:
1. Having a job I love!
2. My passport
3. That my passions not only sustain me, but help others, too.
4. All the beautiful places I get to see
5. Having the health, wealth, and time to enjoy these things.
This is a wonderful idea!!
1. My children's smiling faces when they see me walk in the door.
2. My supportive husband.
3. Having a career that is fulfilling and I love to go to everyday.
4. Having the option to work part time so I can spend more time with my kids.
5. Having a home to live in, food to eat and a family to share it with.
Great idea Beth!!
1. The sun is shining in full force & it's above 40 degrees
2. Making my son laugh when I tickle him.
3. Loves the funny faces my daughter makes when she watches tv.
4. Going to Taco Bell for lunch and being good.
5. My hot husband!
I love this idea! I am much happier with gratitude in my life and try to focus on all the amazing things I do have instead of what I lack.
1. Having this forum as I am in the starting stage of this journey
2. My cool job that allows me to do cool things that I enjoy!
3. Being able to feel gratitude.
4. Being able to change the things I can
5. Having resources for the things I am challenged with
Thanks, Beth, for the thread!
I know I'm sounding repetitive on some of these, but...
1. My awesome family (son and husband)
2. An awesome family of origin (parents, siblings) that was stable and didn't leave me with a lot of obstacles to overcome later in life (I'm a shrink so this is important to me :))
3. My health and fitness-in-progress, and the feeling of strength it gives me
4. Supportive friends in real life and on this board
5. A gratifying job that is flexible, challenging, and fits me perfectly
6. Common sense
7. Knowing that I have choices and have the power to make good ones
8. Knowing that I will be forgiven (by myself and others) when I make not-so-good ones.
New day...fresh opportunity to keep my gratitude garden growing!
1. Forgiveness (as in self-forgiveness and forgiving others since most of us are doing the best we can with what we presently know).
2. The days are getting longer and my day lillies are just starting to emerge after a long winter.
3. Money to afford to meet my obligations (many folks out there who cannot).
4. The ability and freedom of choice to create a beautiful life.
5. Smiles from friends and strangers.
I like this, starts my day off smiling!
Today I am grateful for:
1. Feeling better each morning when I wake up.
2. Each morning having endless possibilities
3. My friends
4. That my clothes aren't as tight as when I put them on last.
5. That I have this place to come to for positivity and encouragement - Thanks!
1. Gas fireplaces that warm my bones on cold mornings.
2. Enjoying a fresh, hot cup of coffee early in the morning while everyone is still asleep as I take stock of my day.
3. Completing tasks I set out to accomplish.
4. Finding a special pair of pants that don't fall off of my daughter's dog who came to visit and (SURPRISE) decided to go into heat!:p
5. Successfully ignoring a craving for sugary food and later realizing I feel better for having redirected my thoughts.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 09:30 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2