Notices

Cultivating Gratitude

Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 PM
FitDay Member

I can't believe it's been a week since I've focused on gratitude..."too busy", not good. If what we focus on, grows, then I'd best get back to it!

TGIT: Thank God it's Thursday! (I'm off on Fridays). Grateful for a day to re-group!

I'm grateful for my health which is so easy to take for granted until I have a day that I'm not up to par or someone shares about health issues they are having.

I'm grateful for mornings such as these, when I purposely wake up early before anyone rises, so I can have a few moments to center myself.

The redbuds are blooming along the roadside (actually they're purple-not sure why they call them redbuds!). They are magnificent!

I'm grateful for old and new adages such as "we reap what we sow", "what goes around comes around", "like attracts like", or "we are the creators of our own universe". All these statements empower me and remind me that, at the end of the day, I am responsible for my life.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

I'm grateful that it's only 3 inches of snow and not 3 feet? (Sorry, that's the best I can do today!) LOL
Old 04-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

I'm grateful that I got my closet and dresser cleaned, purged, and organized, and thankful that my son is now working on his! I am also thankful that most of his things still fit so we don't need to cringe over whether or not he really needs new shorts from American Eagle...we can wait till clearance in the fall !
Old 04-08-2010, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

I'm grateful that the major thunderstorm predicted for earlier today has so far only been a few showers. I'm not big on lightning

I am grateful that my husband being unexpectedly unemployed for the last four months, has given us more time together as a family.

I am grateful for the look of absolute delight of my 2 yr old daughter as she picks up the new baby chicks we recently bought. We happen to be in a city that has no restrictions on keeping chickens, and I love fresh, organic eggs and not having to pay for them!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Although I wouldn't want it to stay this way for long, I am grateful for the temps to have dropped to 50/60 today...air conditioning $$$

Grateful for Friday being my day off. I made this arrangement a year ago, and even though my 'boss' wasn't really on board with it long-term, my clients are, and I am much happier to have a bit of balance (boss has since quit). Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm very grateful that we are not all the same...what a boring world it would be. I've said it before and I'll say it again--one of the things I enjoy in the fitday forums is the diversity of programs people follow.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

I'm grateful that my 15 and 16 year old brothers actually want to come spend the weekend with me. (I guess that means I'm still "cool", for now.)

I'm very grateful for temps in the 60's and 70's.

I'm grateful for HUGS!

AND...... chai tea!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Today, I am grateful that the snow has already begun to melt and highs should be near 60.

I'm grateful for a wonderful week with my daughter, home on Spring Break.

I'm grateful that my husband took this afternoon off so that we can "hang-out" together and have some fun.

I'm grateful to be in a very comfortable, blessed life when so many right now are not.

I'm VERY grateful that Prom shopping for 2010 is over!

I'm grateful for a daughter who is studious, focused, driven and an awesome friend to me when I see so many parents struggling with their teenagers.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Today, I am grateful that I don't have a huge list of to-do items

I am grateful that it is another perfect day in SoCal - low 70s a fresh breeze and smog season has begun yet.

I am grateful that I have the perfect sized home - not too big, not too small, so that house keeping is a pleasure not a chore. I actually love doing the vacuuming and dusting and occasional floors and windows - the results are more that worth the effort. So off I go to finish the laundry!
Old 04-11-2010, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

This is a great idea.

1. My son and his sense of humor
2. My husband and his support (even if he doesn't notice the new highlights in my hair)
3. The job I truly love
4. The weekend
5. My friends
6. Incredible support from friends I've never met
Old 04-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Default Today I'm grateful for...

A lovely Spring Break full of outside time, boys running in and out, excited chatter, and time with my son.

The fact that break is over and I have time and quiet to get things back in order.

A slow cycle at work so I have the opportunity to continue organizing, cleaning out, and catching up.

The long overdue realization that taking care of myself is just as important as taking care of others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.