Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here! >

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread (AKA It's Time to Get Serious Before the Holidays are Here!

Old 11-07-2011, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Ann, are you out there? Wife the chocolate off your fingers and post up your goals!

I just got back from playing tennis. I whipped my borther 7-2. I already have 1/2 my food logged for today. I'm not quite on mh's level but I'm off to a good start. I think I may take Chole' for a little walk later and if I have time I'm going to go to the gym to knock out a little workout, even though tomorrow is my real workout day.

Y'all should be nice to Pam, and don't be feeding her any lies about me.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome, Pam...I won't tell you anything about Mike; just hang around and he'll speak for himself . However, if I had to describe him in two words (which is next to impossible), I would say "tough love." Which I need, so I definitely appreciate him.

Mike, you are off to a great start! Hope you enjoyed the tennis.

Quinn, I feel your pain. We seem to be on the same track...I'm up 7 pounds from my low weight, too. I'm also frustrated by the lack of calorie burn. According to FitDay, if I log my sleep and exercise for an hour daily (run or play tennis), I'm still only at a 1700-1800 calorie burn, so given the math, the best I can get off is about a pound a week (without being so hungry I eat the furniture). I'm hoping some of that's water, but that kind of thinking is dangerous because it lets me make excuses for my poor choices. I'm going to edit my goals to add weighing every day, that way, no more mind tricks.

My husband is like Mike; he puts it on easily but takes it off easily. It's frustrating to watch him chow down on whatever he happens to pull out without thinking about it. Where is our karma, I ask you??

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-07-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Everyone get out and exercise your right to vote tomorrow!

Hi, I'm here. I'm up six or seven pounds from my lowest FitDay weight and would love to drop that by January 1.

Welcome, Pam.

DH and I are taking the grandkids on a picnic tomorrow to beautiful park out in the country along the Ohio River. I've gone to the grocery store to be sure I have no excuses for cheating.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, good job on not giving yourself excuses. Tighten up and the weight will come back off. You know what to do, you just have to do it.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, men generally can consume more calories than women, b/c our nbodies require it. We usually have more muscle mass and muscle burns more calories than fat. Or at least it takes more calories to sustain the muscle. Men usually weigh more. Think of it like this, if a 300 pound guy reduced his calories to 2500/day he'd drop weight like crazy at first, then it would taper off until he got around 200 pounds which it would probably take 2500 calories to maintain. A heavier person will usually burn more calories doing the same activities as a lighter person.
I know... I get all of that. But, when you live under the same roof, and eat 2-3 meals together a day (usually the same meal) and one person can eat 2800 calories to maintain and the other person can only eat 1500 to maintain (1000-1200 to lose) it's frustrating. The difference in our calorie intake (nearly 1200 calories) is what I'm allowed a day! Yes, it's nice if you're the one eating 2800 calories and maintaining (or even losing). But, not so fun if your the one who gets the 1200 calorie limit. If I eat over 1500 calories, my weight goes up. If I could eat 2500 calories a day and still lose, I'd be a very happy camper.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

I see what your saying Quinn, that would be frustarting. The hard part for anyone is to find a way to lose weight without being hungry or having cravings. Some people at 2500 calories may feel like they are ready to eat their arm off, while at 1200 you just want your fist.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Roll call...are you out there, almeeker, Rose, anyone else we're missing? Hope you are doing well! Time to get back on the wagon, or steer it for us if you're more solid than we've been!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I see what your saying Quinn, that would be frustarting. The hard part for anyone is to find a way to lose weight without being hungry or having cravings. Some people at 2500 calories may feel like they are ready to eat their arm off, while at 1200 you just want your fist.
Well, isn't that the serving size to eyeball for a number of things? Size of your fist?

I know if I get much below 1300, I totally rebound and eat everything in sight, as I did last night.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Quinn, I feel your pain. We seem to be on the same track...I'm up 7 pounds from my low weight, too. I'm also frustrated by the lack of calorie burn.
I don't want to say that I'm "glad" that you're up 7 lbs. as well, but I am glad to know that I'm not the only one who just can't figure this out!

I think calorie burn is my issue as well. With my back injury, about all I can do is walk. I can't jog, play sports, weight lift. Even riding a bike can cause issues because one of the bulges is right above my tailbone. (Where the seat belt caught me.)

About the best that I can do is walk, hike and snowshoe in the winter which is really frustrating when I was really involved in sports my whole life. Swimming could be an alternative as I was a distance swimmer when I was younger, but it's hard to get motivated to do so when it's snowing and blowing outside. (Have you ever had your hair freeze?? ) I have. As a result, my calories have to be pretty darn low to maintain which sucks. But, if I want to keep my weight down, that's what I have to stick to because I can't keep doing this yo-yo thing. Before, I would yo-yo 20-30 lbs. in a year to a year and a half. Now, it's really the same thing, except that it's 5-7 lbs. instead that I play with. I guess that's a win?? LOL

Never fear... we'll figure it out. Back to our roots in the "5-15 lb. Club"!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Well, isn't that the serving size to eyeball for a number of things? Size of your fist?

I know if I get much below 1300, I totally rebound and eat everything in sight, as I did last night.
So you think that's why Quinn's wanting to eat her fist?

I tend to go off the deep end all too often. I think I enjoy the up and down more than maintaining.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.