Notices

40 Lbs

Old 03-03-2010, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default 40 Lbs

Hi I'm new to this. So I'm 25 and I NEED to lose all the baby weight I gained. I've been having a really hard time even sometimes to the point where I'm like, to hell with this I'm just going to accept my body the way it is, but I know deep down inside I am really misearable being this size ESPECIALLY when it's time to go shopping for clothes. My son will be 2 next week and I have yet to lose the weight. The funny thing is I dont eat alot of crap, I generally eat well and I love to workout... but I fall out of a routine pretty quickly. I've got 40 lbs to lose to get me back to my pre-prego weight.. it's so frustrating at times. Any tips for me?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Tarajordan

Your here so thats a good start to losing weight in order to succeed I would suggest 3 things

1. Log everything you eat in the food diary It keeps you honest and sometimes is quite surprising how many calories you are actually consumming.

2. Exercising for at least 30 minutes 4 to 5 times a week at level where you get sweaty and slightly out of breath (it can be as simple as walking)

and

3. This is perhaps the most important believe that you can do it. I believe that weight loss is 95% Psychological

Come join the 30lb forum for support. Good luck on your journey you can do it.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

The above tips are what I would suggest.

I agree that seeking support on the forum, daily if necessary, will help during moments of temptation or just to celebrate a success such as staying within your calorie goal or resisting treats a loved one decided to bring in the house. Daily successes will get you where you want to go.

While you're waiting to see external changes, notice little things like how you could exercise a little harder than the week before or how you enjoy a crisp, fresh salad. Within a couple of weeks you may notice your face looking thinner. All these little changes keep us going.

Lastly, please be patient and kind with yourself. If you should slip (happens to all of us from time to time), dust yourself off, forgive yourself and get back on track.

Best wishes as you reach your goals!