Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/31/11

Old 11-02-2011, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report

Stay under 1200 calories M-F, 1400 S&S: 980, 1197, 1183
Exercise 3 times. No, No Yes
Go for 3 long walks with dog. No, No, No
Drink 3 liters of water. Yes, Yes, Yes
Drink vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes
Stay away from cheese. Yes, Sprinkled some on a salad, Yes
Old 11-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

wow it really is dead tonight. Hey mh where are you? It's 10:30 and I and just getting home... and I smell like smoke.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

I have to agree with April, things have been very quiet today, only two pages?! Or maybe I'm early tonight.

mhidbon, well I guess its a matter of pinning down what your addiction is and if the purpose of the assignment is to put you in an addicts mindset then jump in, it should be interesting. And about the height, you can switch it to meters and then you get closer to an accurate number, 5'5.5 is 1.66

almeeker, I think I pretty much determined in high school I was not a morning person so I really couldn't be bother by it. I HAD to get on the bus however, it would have been big drama if I didn't! Love the Wednesday Walkers idea!

Mike, that's fair enough, a week off. Maybe instead of a train heading nowhere you can take a midnight train going anywhere (insert music here). But congrats on the squat weight!

Ann, you will get into a good routine soon, best wishes on the potty training.

April, looks to me like you need some warm tights to go with the skirts Glad your days have been good and keep being patient with your backup!

Darlene, sounds like there will be no dip but yey on you getting to eat well that night. Hehehe, eating grass is not something most people enjoy. Hope you had a nice day with your parents.

Quinn, hope to see you around tomorrow!

Mary, enjoy your days off, are your renovations done?
Old 11-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Main80, the train ride today was cool. It was a nice break. Then when I got to the zoo I got to ride on a little train around the zoo.

I need a break away from the office so it worked out well.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Main80, the train ride today was cool. It was a nice break. Then when I got to the zoo I got to ride on a little train around the zoo.

I need a break away from the office so it worked out well.

Sounds very relaxing, trains are so strangely awesome to me. Glad you got a break.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:18 PM
FitDay Member

Mike Why do you smell like smoke? The zoo sounds fun I like to visit zoos we do not have one close to us but when I go to Calgary or Toronto I always go.

Main80 I think the grass they are referring to is spring salad mix which I like but many people do not seem to enjoy it. I had a nice day with my parents they are here for 2 months so it's going to be a shock to the system to have them so close. They have been traveling across North America in their 5th wheel for the last 2 years so we have seen them for a couple days at a time over that period before that they lived 150k and a ferry ride away so it seems odd and great that they can just walk in at anytime.

I agree it’s very quiet in here tonight I sure hope everyone’s not at home eating Halloween candy if you are and you can read this throw it out its bad for you.

Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk/Stairs, T=Hike, W=Aerobics
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Calories less than 1400: M= 1190, T= 1250, W=1241
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1105, T= -932, W= -726
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=Y, T=Y, W=N
Keep food opinions to myself (other than here): M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Nutrition Goals...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. No buying the dessert of the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. No stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
4. One diet soda daily limit M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
5. No added salt on the plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
6. Walk on lunch M: freakin cold and wearing a skirt, T: training a backup all day, W: another skirt day,
7. Work out four times from Weds-SunW: 55min,

Life Goals...
1. Watch my attitude. I've had an attitude lately that isn't good. M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Top off fish tank water at home M: No, T: Yes .... DONE!
3. Paperwork every day at work M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Weekend Goals...
1. Clean fish tank
2. Whole house cleaning
3. Something outside in the yard

Wow, it's so quiet here you can almost hear the echo...

Last night was not so good. There is still leftovers of my very favorite high sodium meal. I ate a nice dinner but the leftovers were in there and I warmed some up for my hubby later and while warming his I ate some, then a little more. It really only added up to about 6-7 bites but sodium and I are not friends. So this morning I have added about 2-1/2lbs of sodium weight between eating dinner Tuesday and that little bit on Weds night. It is okay. I know it is sodium weight but it is frustrating.

I hope that I am not coming down with something. All day yesterday I had a chill. Then last night I was practically freezing. The house was 70* inside so it wasn't that it was cold in there. This morning I felt so blah and tired after hubby went to work that I took today as my day off this week and climbed back under the covers. Some days sleeping is a little more important than working out before work. I might TRY to work out tonight after work though. We shall see. It's usually hard for me to do things just for me when everyone else in the house is up and awake.

Mary ... How nice you got to spend the day with your granddaughter. I remember being about 16 and going to work with my stepmom for the day. I was married and living on my own at that point but I still had a good time. I can't blame you for taking her out to lunch. You will make up for it the rest of the week.

Mike ... I love going to the zoo. What zoo was it? The Pittsburgh zoo is pretty nice here but I love the Columbus Zoo (it is run by Jack Hanna). Most times that we go to visit my dad we take the kids to the Columbus Zoo. I love that even though they are now teens they still love it! I'd love to ride a train somewhere. It isn't part of life where I live unless you are really going somewhere. And yeah, why do you smell like smoke?

Darlene ... I love spring mix! Some people around here call it weeds and say they just want iceberg lettuce. I love the weeds!! I had a half a wrap last weekend and they used spring mix in it. Not only was it lovely and dark green, it was crisp and fresh. I'll take weeds in my salad any day. ... How nice that your parents are able to travel around like that. That is my husband's retirement dream. Sell the house and buy an RV and just drive around seeing sights and places that we will never see in our working days. It will be nice to have them close to you for a few months and spend some time together.

Where are the rest of you???
Old 11-03-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

WARNING: I had 3 shots of espresso and it just hit me and words are flowing like a waterfall from this point on:

Main80: THANK YOU!! Though now my Happy BMI Party is around 8 pounds away. Shoot I was so excited! IT defaults me to 1.65 meters, but close enough, right?

Mike: Hope you had a blast yesterday! xD

YOU GUYS!! I GOT MY LITTLE FOR PHI SIGMA PI!!!! She's likes me! And my Big! She likes US! At the BigLittle Reveal it was kind of awkward and I was like "OH NO" but the we all went out to coffee and discussed being PartyCats and it was wonderful and I'm so excited about her because guess what!!

WE TURN 21 ON THE SAME DAY!! Looks like I better start getting extra serious about my 21st Birthday Body!!! Allllright!!!

Also, if any of you have the book of the face- you can find me by searching for "[email protected]" As long as you aren't creepy, then you could get frantic bursts of me and I wouldn't have to spam the wall with pictures! all right!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back after a 4 day binge-fest. I was doing so well and then BAM! The Open House triggered something in me and I couldn't stop the crazy eating until last night. I ate a half a bag of snack-size Snickers yesterday afternoon alone! UGH!!! I am one of those people that CAN'T have anything like that it the house... NOTHING!!! And it's not like I can blame anyone else for bringing it into the house... I bought it. I felt so terrible last night about my lack of self-control.

I was reading the conversation about addiction earlier and I felt even worse. I lost a brother 15 years ago to alcohol addiction. He was a handsome, successful auditor for the state and threw his wife, family and life away for drinking. I would get SO mad at him and tell him to "straighten up, get it together, just quit!" His addiction really bothered me because we were like twins... we looked alike, talked alike, laughed at the same things. Everyone else in my family was analytical, clinical and cold so we always stuck together. We were identical, with the exception of drinking.

It's only since I started on this journey of maintenance that I finally understand what he must have gone through. You can't just quit... it's not that easy. Something triggers you and BOOM! You have a 3 day slide (...if you're lucky enough to put the brakes on it.) I'm lucky that my problem is food, I guess. It doesn't effect my life, marriage or kids. In fact, unlike alcohol addiction, my family LOVES when I fall off the wagon because the house is full of wonderful, home-made goodies. As I sat with the bag of Snicker's on my lap last night, I realized how unfair and cruel I had been to him. So, that's my new motivation. If I expected that level of control and self-discipline from him, it's only fair that I should expect it from myself.

So, once again, I'm crawling out of the "Fitday Confessional", wiping the chocolate smears from my cheeks and being the healthy person that I deserve to be. This time of year is so full of landmines for me. The start of cooler weather (oven meals), 3 family birthdays (that I'm responsible for) in October, Thanksgiving (again, that I'm responsible for) all before Christmas (which is my responsibility to provide this magical experience every year for around 12 people... gifts, all dinners, all baking) and my mom's birthday party on December 23rd. No wonder that in past years I've had to take off, on average, 20 lbs. every January.

So, I'm not getting on the scale this week for obvious reasons. But, I feel better just getting back in control before 5 lbs. becomes 25. Thanks for letting me talk out loud for awhile... it always helps me to get back on track.

Time to start my day. Have a great one, all!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

mhibdon ... I'll look you up on the "book of the face". I don't think I'm a creeper! LOL...you do have to put up with pics of my dogs though. Seems that if I post anything that is what it usually is. Oh and being November (Thanksgiving month) I am posting what I am thankful for every day this month.

Quinn ... Wow, I wish I could give you a big hug. You sound so stressed. I am glad that you are getting back on it like you said before 5lbs becomes 25lbs. I come from a family with a long history of addiction and alcoholism. So I guess that I am lucky in a way that my addiction is food as well. Hopefully one day I will be able to overcome all the pain and hurt that has been caused due to certain family members problems. It sounds like you may be on that path.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.