Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11 >

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene,

During my original weight loss in 2010, I eliminated all bread, which was hard at first but it gets better. I thought on maintenance, I could slip in sandwiches and things but my weight started to creep up. I found a bread by Sara Lee that I like a lot which has 9 g. of carbs, 45 calories and .5 g. of fat. The problem is, once I started to eat bread, I started to make sandwiches. Then, I started to put a slice of cheese on the sandwich... well, you get the idea.

I understand your insecurities in the job market regarding being outdated. I've been home now for 15 years, but have been considering my options next fall when my last leaves for school. My employment background was primarily in Business/Marketing, but who would hire someone with a 15 year gap in employment? I could work for my husband, but I enjoy looking forward to seeing him at the end of the day! I'm also considering a B & B, maybe a small restaurant, (...do I really want that headache??) maybe back to school. It's scary, yet exciting to enter a new phase of my life... one which will center more so around what I want to do, rather than what other people need me to do for them. I have to make some decisions this year, too. (Do I want to work at all? Where? What? When?) I get it. Remember, experience is a very valuable commodity. Don't think of it as being "outdated"; think of it as having wisdom and networking connections that others don't have. When I was in business in my late 20's, I wish I knew then, what I know now.

On a positive note, I'm done 1 lb... 4 to go! Tried on my sweater dress last night and it actually fits very nicely without any type of "supportive" type assist, if you know what I mean... another first. LOL But it's SHORT! I think that my body image is still skewed where I think that I don't have the body to pull it off... I've never worn anything short in my life. I see the number on the scale and, using logic, I know I'm fine. But mentally, I still see me 40 lbs ago. After a year and a half, I wish these feelings would go away... sometimes I wonder if they ever do??
Old 10-27-2011, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

On Wednesday:

1. Record everything (even when I eat with my boyfriend): YES
2. No skipping meals because of being busy: YES
2.5 No bingeing after skipping a meal because of being busy: see above
3. Make time for a walk (even if it's short): Could have done better--was hard to motivate myself when I realized that it is dark outside at 7 already.
4. Sew: YES

I'm not sure how much good stuff I'll have to say about today as the day has started off with the boyfriend cooking bacon... I mean, I have been wanting to eat more protein, but I'd like it a little leaner!

Taubele: When my landlady told me about the rent, I checked the residential tenancy rules in my area and they don't regulate rent increases (which is insane). Rentals are very hard to come by where I live, and I know she has a wait list for "my" cabin. I think someone has offered her more money, so if I leave she'll get her increase anyway. I have until March to figure out if I want to move or just suck it up. I think I am so stressed/annoyed about this because my life is insanely busy these days but I'm not letting that stress out. Oh wow--long answer!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Nutrition Goals...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. No buying the dessert of the week (turtle cheesecake) from the work kitchenM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. No stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
4. One diet soda daily limit M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
5. No added salt on the plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
6. Walk on lunch M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Life Goals...
1. Clean out closet M: No, T: No, W: No,
2. Plant bulbs M: No, T: No, W: No,
3. Watch my attitude. I've had an attitude lately that isn't good. M: Yes, T: Nope, W: Yes,
4. Do my nails M: No, T: No, W: undid my nails, that's a start...before work even!,
5. Give blood on Thursday Th: Appt at 2pm
6. There will be awesome treats for giving blood. Take them home and share with (give to) my guys Th: TBA

Last night was ok nutrition wise. My hubby made cheese steaks with sirloin. They are loaded with peppers, onions & fresh mushrooms! They are to die for. The only problem is that I ate 2 of them on fresh baked 6" rolls. And french fries (baked in the oven). I knew I should stop at 1 but I just couldn't .... or didn't want to. Nobody wanted to eat the pot roast and potatoes so I cut it in half and brought half for lunch today. It was delicious BTW. The cheesecake, I cut off the skinny end and some berries & cream and gave the rest to my hubby. Also delicious. Tonight hopefully won't turn into a disaster. I am stopping on my way home to pick up Pizza Hut. Stuffed Crust Super Supreme pizzas. I am hoping to limit it to 2 slices.

Amy .. I am with every one else. I want to see this adorable little gnome when you get it done. Model and all please!

Mike ... Your ex sounds more and more like my mother the more you talk about her. I am glad you are a good dad and take care of your daughter.

Terri ... You've got a lot going on and I would bet once that all settles down your mind will clear and the ideas will flow again.

Cassie ... I love how you compare your age with your son's. I do the same except I am 20 (and 21) yrs older than my two. HAHA! I told them I don't want to be a gramma until I'm 50 so they have to wait until they are 30. Let's see if that works.

mhibdon .... I just love your energy! I am glad you found your way back to us. Nice pic BTW

Darlene ... Good luck on the job application and even if you don't get it just consider it practice for the next one.

Main80 ... You are doing awesome this week on the goals.

LuckyGirl15 ... Good work on getting the house cleaned up. Maybe you could create a chart or something so that you can do things a little at a time once it's all in place.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

April, we got her insurance taken care of. While there I asked to see the original application from June and low and behold, my ex forged my daughter's signature. She actually did it in person withe the agent because she knew him. Needless to say he was begging me not to report him. We talked for a bit and I think I scared him straight so I'm not going to call the insurance commissioner.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card

Health & Fitness goals:

1. Calories 1,400 M-W-Th-Sun, 1,600 T-F-Sat. 2,343, 3,046, 2,241 (over by nearly a full bag of truffles)
2. Drink 100 oz of water. 75, 50, 75
3. Calorie deficit of 5,000 for the week. -165, +324, +60 (total -99)
4. Exercise 7 hours. 60 min, 85 min, 0 min (total 2:25)
5. Protein 25% or higher 16%, 14%, 10%
6. Log everything. Y,Y,Y
7. Report here on the motivational thread everyday. Y,Y,Y
8. 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 squats, 15 sets of calf raises. 0-0-0-0, 25-25-40-0, 0-0-0-0- (total 25-25-40-0)

Other Stuff:

1. Housework 30 mins + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY, YY
2. Get coupon binder sorted out. N,N,N
3. Plan yearly 4-H calendar, and work on project for Nov. N,N,N
4. Call Grans and Clayton. N,N,N
5. Get Halloween costumes done!!! 1 petticoat finished! Worked on second petticoat, a tiny bit. Gnome skirt, apron done, hat started.
6. Deal with outside flower pots. N,N,N
7. Bake up and freeze the squash. N, I baked up maybe 10-12 of the squash. Bagged and in the freezer.

Yesterday morning one of the DD's had a homework issue, so I skipped the workout to help her thinking it was no big deal as swim practice started last night which gives me 90 minutes free and clear at the gym. Oh no wait, new coach wanted a parent meeting, fine, but he was late, so I spent 30 minutes waiting for him, 45 minutes listening to him and another 15-20 minutes listening to all the "mean" mommies bash him. Personally I thought he was a step in the right direction for our club and I like his approach. Unfortunately the moms of some of the best swimmers on the team feel differently. Whatever, unless you're going to volunteer to be head coach, shut it sister.

Anyway I was good except for the bag of birthday truffles (700-800 calories). I'm not one of those people that can pace myself with stuff like that (I have a friend that will eat 1 piece of candy out of her son's Halloween bag every day until Easter, drives me nuts). Typically my method is to eat it all in one day and start over the next, truffle free - with a clean slate.

After laughing my way through the last several pages of posts, I really wish I could chat with you all, but if I don't get my butt back to the sewing machine, my gnome will have to go to her Halloween party tomorrow as the "topless dancer garden gnome". It's only kindergarten, and she's got nothing to hide, but that darn school dress policy will be a problem - again.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-27-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I can't believe that insurance guy did that. Holy crap. Glad you straightened it out.

Terri, you know you can do this. You are so accomplished. I know it's common to have a crisis in confidence over the amount of work you face but we believe in you.

Mern, so sweet to send those belated b-day wishes; can I get in on that?

Quinn, that cider sounds so cozy. What a lovely thing to do; I can think of Halloweens DD and I would have appreciated it.

I am trying Dukan, not sure how long I can do this only because I have fresh pineapple and oranges and blueberries in my fridge and 26 days without fruit? Yeah I don't know if that's gonna happen. But I needed a jumpstart to eating less and eating better so that's it.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

1) 8 glasses H2O minimum: 11, 6, 13
2) gym or walk 4 days this week minimum: gym, N, gym
3) Low carb: Y, Y, Y
4) stretch daily: Y, N, Y
5) Get out of funk: Y, Y, Y
Old 10-27-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
April, we got her insurance taken care of. While there I asked to see the original application from June and low and behold, my ex forged my daughter's signature. She actually did it in person withe the agent because she knew him. Needless to say he was begging me not to report him. We talked for a bit and I think I scared him straight so I'm not going to call the insurance commissioner.
Oh, I can't believe he did that! I hope he at least gave you a discount on the new policy.

At one point in our lives all my siblings and I have had a phone bill to dispute. Even before we were old enough to have our own phones. Imagine that!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

He may have done it with good intentions b/c my daughter was "supposed" to get her license that day, but failed the test. She didn't get her license until 2 weeks ago. I think my ex was trying to run a scam and the agent fell for it. Either way, it was illegal and could put him in hot water, I just hope that he learned his lesson.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default motivated!

Glad to have found this site! I havent been this motivated in a long time.
Started 10/24 @ 162lbs
Im using the charts and graphs and having fun!
pie chart : prot 40%
fats 30%
carbs 30%
1st weigh in since Monday:
10/27 @160lbs = 2lbs lost
need to :
drink more water
increase excercise
decrease fats to 26%
mini goal: lose 10lbs by Thanksgiving

Thank you to all for such an uplifting website

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.